Post Thanks / Like

Mazda MX-5

hi there
    i know a few people on here have mx5s. im looking for anothere car aswell as my 5 i keep seeing some half decent mx5s knocking around and i think i like them lol. does anyone have any buying advice on what to look for and whats good and whats not any help is much appreciated
    cheers Ben

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mazda MX-5

check for mot.. back of the sills is the worst place, quite a big job to sort.. any rust id avoid personally, unless its dirty cheap. Obviously check roofs, although there not that dear they do tear. Engine wise there pretty damn solid, everything should feel really tight in the steering, and should have no knocks or bangs.

Personally try to grab a eunos (jap one) , as they tend to hold a little value more, mx5 nutz is a good place to look.

also dont stress between the 1.8 and 1.6 .. just get either or, i own both lol

Post Thanks / Like

ok cheers for the pointers ill go and have a look at a few then

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Great fun, since working outside of Renaults I've had a lot of MX5s through with supercharger or turbocharger conversions, they're a riot to drive! Even in NA form they're cracking fun, great engines, nice gear change action, comfortable driving postion, etc etc.

Post Thanks / Like

exactly as scoff says.. my only gripe would be that subframes , wishbones etc as they never really go wrong tend to be orange (rust) , and therefore if you do bend anything, its quite a job to change parts.. but a very minor downfall for amazing cars..