Post Thanks / Like

Re: some pics of the latest R5 dash :)

too amazing

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

they do look good
    is it just the pics or are the buttons n a few other bits different shades? is that due to the angle that the flock is applied?
    also, do you offer multi colour versions so the dash can still be black and grey?
    would have thought campus plastic shelves would look well flocked black if you haven't already done one too.
    shall be getting some 11 bits done when the car goes back together . . prob in a few years at this rate lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers for the comments guys

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    is it just the pics or are the buttons n a few other bits different shades? is that due to the angle that the flock is applied?
    the colour is 100% uniform, just the pics were taken in bright sunlight using a manual contrast setting on the camera to pick out detail, flock is an absolute pain to photograph as it doesnt reflect light and instead absorbs it, great for stopping reflections in the windscreen but no good if you want a picture

do you offer multi colour versions so the dash can still be black and grey?
    can certainly do that but cost would be slightly higher as it would need to be cut apart and bonded back together after flocking but would look bloomin good, if you are doing that its probably worth getting an all plastic campus dash as it would fair better than the turbo vinyl type

would have thought campus plastic shelves would look well flocked black if you haven't already done one too.
    got a plastic campus one that im trying to get the time to mould so that i can make some nice flocked repro parcel shelves but as always life keeps getting in the way of what i plan

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big fan of the style tbh but I gotta say the craftsmanship is brilliant.

Then again, flocking on a custom parcelshelf... hmm.... :P

Post Thanks / Like

That looks absolutely fantastic, i would love my entire interior done like that, except in black most likely

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That looks absolutely amazing, how much is that to get done? I'd have mine like that

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all the comments

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY-R5GTT View Post
    That looks absolutely amazing, how much is that to get done? I'd have mine like that
    cost of doing a dash to the level this one is would be about £200 for a forum member (normally a lot more for this sort of dash but the 5 has a special interest for me being an owner), would do it cheaper if i could but its a good 2 days work to do all the preparation, flocking and trimming/refitting on a 5 turbo dash to get a quality finish and do it so that everything works as it should.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Autosport View Post

cost of doing a dash to the level this one is would be about £200 for a forum member (normally a lot more for this sort of dash but the 5 has a special interest for me being an owner), would do it cheaper if i could but its a good 2 days work to do all the preparation, flocking and trimming/refitting on a 5 turbo dash to get a quality finish and do it so that everything works as it should.
    Well worth doing in my opinion if you are going for a slight custom restore.

A couple of questions...How does it wear through every day use and how do you clean it please?

I think I will be taking you up on this once my 5 is painted. I might want all the plastics doing, would that be possible?

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Get the parcel shelf idea moving along and I think they would sell very well....

Id def take one if they were a good price....

Or could you do mine to hide the rubbishy 6 by 9 speaker holes???

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well worth doing in my opinion if you are going for a slight custom restore.

A couple of questions...How does it wear through every day use and how do you clean it please?

I think I will be taking you up on this once my 5 is painted. I might want all the plastics doing, would that be possible?
    wear is pretty good so long as it isnt bashed about too much, certainly more resilient than paint, removing dust and loose dirt can be done easily with a vacum cleaner fitted with a brush attachment, if you have any serious dirt like for instance a spilt drink small parts can be removed and washed under a tap or on large parts hold a cloth under the soiled area and use a spray bottle with plain water in it as a mini pressure washer to lift out the dirt and wash it towards the cloth, only thing to avoid is scrubbing at it

Quote Originally Posted by LiamR View Post
    Get the parcel shelf idea moving along and I think they would sell very well....

Id def take one if they were a good price....

Or could you do mine to hide the rubbishy 6 by 9 speaker holes???
    working on a cut and carpeted shelf would probably be more cost in time than its worth but the shelf is definately on the cards as i want one for mine

Post Thanks / Like

Would I have to send you the parts or would you come out and do it?

It won't be just yet as getting the car painted is priority, but once it has been done I will be looking to take you up on this.

Cheers
    Billy

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Would I have to send you the parts or would you come out and do it?

It won't be just yet as getting the car painted is priority, but once it has been done I will be looking to take you up on this.

Cheers
    Billy
    hi there, you would need to send them in to us im afraid as it cant realy be done mobile to to the preparation, equipment needed and the fact it takes a couple of days to cure would also be an issue for many, happy for you to visit us to drop off or collect parts if you are nearby or i can advise on couriers if you need to send them to us

Post Thanks / Like

hi there, you would need to send them in to us im afraid as it cant realy be done mobile to to the preparation, equipment needed and the fact it takes a couple of days to cure would also be an issue for many, happy for you to visit us to drop off or collect parts if you are nearby or i can advise on couriers if you need to send them to us
    Where about are you? I'll probably just come down and drop them off, it'll give me something to do

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Where about are you? I'll probably just come down and drop them off, it'll give me something to do
    im in kimbolton in cambridgeshire, PE28 0JQ if you want to bung it in google maps,
    cheers, carl

Post Thanks / Like

im in kimbolton in cambridgeshire, PE28 0JQ if you want to bung it in google maps,
    cheers, carl
    It's only 132 mile from me Carl, it'll cost about £3 of diesel in my 106 . Pitty I wasn't ready at the moment to go ahead with it, I'm down on Sunday for Trax at silverstone in the 19 16v cab. U going?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

unfortnately not going, me and the mrs are expecting our first child in a couple of months and i have been roped into some kind of course/tour thing at the hospital, would take a braver man than me to tell a hormonal mrs im going to a car show instead