Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

why are 5s so unrelieable lol

seems to be sum sort of problem with my car its runnin 16 psi and only producing 160bhp to flywheel,andon the graph the turbo seems to be laggy, plus gettin very hot and got home today and steam/ water was blow out of cylinder 1 park plug so heads gasket gone i think lol or block cracked only stansard head gasket only done about 100 miles is the any b18 ft experts out there who want to fix it for me or give me advice sick of repairing it now

Post Thanks / Like

Re: why are 5s so unrelieable lol

i have a complete b18ft with turbo loom both ecus alternator ect for £200

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

im runnin adaptronic mate and engine should be ok and ive got a spare head

Post Thanks / Like

no probs. mate thought i may have been a cheaper option if you were stuck.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

usually unreliable as they are being pushed more than they have been correctly set up to run.
    so its a b18ft?
    16 psi, is this on std setup? has it a modified ecu or just the vac pipe off?
    laggy and hot could be due to timing, a non modified ecu and more boost than the std 14psi map sensor can read
    steam out of spark plug so gasket must have gone, block and head are usually ok, they dont tend to crack, just melt due to det/pinking. i've only ever used std headgaskets so can only assume its a std ecu with too much boost, or the fuel pump isnt up to the job.
    advice would be to figure out what the problem was (guess work without seeing the car and testing things), either strip and fix or just replace with known worker then set up correctly.
    i'd be happy to take on which ever route you wanted to go but you'd have to get the car to me (L39 postcode) and supply relevant parts etc.
    drop me a pm if you want to discuss it further

just spotted extra posts, if on adaptronic then what setup? who's mapped it etc?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

kk cheers anyway

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

its runnin adaptronic ecu, took to the top man today ( efi) had it on rolling road ran about 130 at 10 psi then added more boost and got 160 bhp. but he said usually they can make about 180 bhp so some isnt right with but dont no wat ie and started to smoke a little had turbo recond its a t28 dont no wat to do with it now had enouhh lol

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

so scoff's wired it up and mapped it then? i would have thought about 180 at that boost, especially with a t28 too but if scoff's done it then i'd be happy to ignore that side of things and consider the cambelt being a tooth out?
    what injectors, what cam? what fuel pump and reg?
    did it smoke on the rollers? was the drive home err, spirited?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

no hes only cheched every thing was ok like afr/ignition timing ect then put it on rollers and so on. i think it has bigger injectors and a differeng cam and the throttle body is bigger ,its got a bosch external fuel pump, the cambelt was put on how it came off, tell u the truth i thrashed it on way home some not suprised gasket has gone but still shoudnt get tht hot

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm, thats even more unusual. do you know what injectors? what cam?
    with that spec, assuming the injectors are flowing enough, it should make 200bhp easily.
    regards the cambelt, was it a known good running engine before? it could have been on wrong prior to you getting it?
    when you say hot, do you mean water temps or exhaust?
    to be fair, standalone removes alot of the niggles that comes with tuning these engines up and scoff knows his stuff so guess its just a case of pulling it to bits if its nothing obvious, or just start again with a known fresh engine.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

has red injectors maybe saab, it does have different cam but not sure wat,pretty sure cambelt is correct, wen first bought car it ran a dream and was the fastest its ever been, but melted piston so put a new block in and used old head never heard the engine run, so bulit it all back together. and its coolant get w very hot and always has done , jus been lookin on youtube and theve all got a lot more power than mine lol

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah prob saab reds. assuming its an e or ep cam as most are then you should be able to run at least 20psi with 220bhp+
    could be an issue with the head, did the coolant over pressurise? were the valves closing properly? or again, back to the belt being a tooth out. either way it wants stripping down to see if there's anything obvious, worth getting the head pressure tested and overhaul that too but tbh its prob cheaper to just pull it out and put a known worker in. gotta be worth the time to pull the head off yourself and go from there.