Post Thanks / Like

Bum twitchy moment

I was just driving home along a 60 road when my throttle stuck wide open. Somewhat of a scary moment. Managed to roll it off the road and into my drive to discover the bolt that holds the choke plate onto the carb had come off, jamming the throttle cable at full.

To keep me rolling I have put this in place

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is supposed to be a spacer where I have the 2 nuts keeping the plate away from the carb body. Also the spring to work with the choke cable has seen better days. If yes are CGB likely to sell this? I'm off to America tomorrow so don't have time to fix this any better right now unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bum twitchy moment

I would speak to Mike @ GT Turbo spares, I'm sure he will have any bits you need

Post Thanks / Like

I've always just left mine hanging off. Might cable tie it up now (like every other part of my car!)

Post Thanks / Like

Us recommend getting that cable tied out the way. I had visions of engine going bang!

Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me of mine at pod. I was running with no choke cable and the bracket came loose and wedged the throttle brown trouser moment

Post Thanks / Like

My accelerator linkage jammed on the float emptying bolt, lucky i had revlimiter otherwise it would of been kaput.

Post Thanks / Like

Throttle jammed wide open on kris m's ph1 at 125mph in germany now that was arse nipping lol!

There is a small sprung washer and the screw goes fully in holding the choke cam on, tbh it usually has loads of play in the mech. Ill get a pic if you want?