Post Thanks / Like

Insurance increase

Anyone noticed their renewal price has gone up a lot from previous year? Mine is with sureterm and was paying £85. This year they want £430!!

Got a quote from Adrian flux, all in For £143. Not bad really.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Insurance increase

i think all the companies are trying it on. if you price around i dont think prices have changed too much, but i do agree they have gone up a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gone with Adrian Flux. Limited mileage of 3000 and excess of £150..all for £136 for the year. Not too bad at all.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adscan View Post
    Gone with Adrian Flux. Limited mileage of 3000 and excess of £150..all for £136 for the year. Not too bad at all.
    Be warned.... Adrian flux are possibly the worst insurance company out there...

Had my policy cancelled because they claim not to have recieved ny paperwork (which was sent & they would not allow me to reprint it & send it again next day).... Charging me £112 for cancelling it aswell. W*nkers.

Also have found out they havent paid out for a claim i had 2 years ago... Looks like i have to pay the damages to the hire company & try and claim it back from flux..... Dont see that being easy!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Be warned.... Adrian flux are possibly the worst insurance company out there...

I cancelled my policy with them a couple of days after it started. I was told when I took it out that there'd be no charge if I cancelled within 14 days. They then tried to charge me £700 for cancelling, and threatened to take me to court when I refused to pay!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds pretty poor. Let's hope I wont have to make a claim.

They have already received my paperwork. Agreed value of £2000 is sorted. Just waiting to hear back about my no claims.

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes mine went from £460 to just under £1000 they blame these claims companies for all the compensation claims.

Post Thanks / Like

My van isurance went from 630 to 870, & I haven't ever made a claim !
    I did shop around & found a cheaper price, they were both using the same insurer but the other company was over £140 cheaper, I rang back my original company & low & behold they got the price down to £777 including £89 for £4k tools cover & the add on for paying instalments
    I think they really do try it on sometimes.
    What I don't get is why my insurance never goes down on renewal, even with full NCB

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

mine is also with sureterm for about £90 went up by £15 on their quote this year, phoned them and haggled it down to a £3 increase which i was happy with