Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Hi!

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi!

I'm Aiden, just bought an R5 that I haven't seen yet as I am in Afghanistan working until Tuesday. The R5 is a present to myself for completing a year in this dump.

I'm thinking about putting EFI on the 5 when I get it home and I was wondering what people are using for their fuel rails? I'm going to machine a manifold myself as I have machining equipment and CGB is about a 5 minute drive away for parts.

Oh yeah I'm from Telford if there is anyone else from there on here.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi!

Hello . As for a fuel rail it depends what you want from it? And how your doing the manifold?
    Im using this on the Efi conversions I'm putting together for c1j's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Billit-f...4#ht_802wt_922

You can then add the injectors where ever you need

I'm sure there's a vehicle in the scrap yard with a fuel rail with the port spacing you need how ever you going to fabricate your manifold just depends on how much fabrication you want?

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

To be honst I'm not yet sure how I'm going to go about it. I'm not looking for massive power gains I want reliability, better driving and MPG so I was going to get a manifold, injectors, blank fuel rail (thanks for that!) and work it out from there.

Are there any designs floating around at the moment?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few members that have done it, I think it's a case of build it how you see fit, but the requirements of your engine will determine your runner length and plenum volume and throttle body

If you do a search for e.f.i on here you will come across the posts and pictures of members that have done it and problems they have incoutered

As for cgb what parts are you hoping to buy from him regarding e.f.i? Bobs great for your run of the mill parts but your Be needing sensors and stuff that's not fitted to a gt.
    Your best bet for sensors, super seal connectors, trigger wheel ect will be www.efi-parts.co.uk
    Hope this helps point you in the direction you need

I'd budget 1500 for the conversion as that's what I worked a drive in drive out service to cost to do
    Last edited by steer from the rear; 25-03-2012 at 11:47.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Aiden - I've done the EFI conversion using Micheal Tyriani inlet manifold, I'm using a modified Skoda Falecia fuel rail as the spacing was perfect for this inlet manifold. I had to adapt the feed in and return from it using 10mm microbore copper pipe and fittings, everything else is great, just take out the fpr and away you go.