Post Thanks / Like

lambada sensor?

does anyone know if i can connect the lambda plug from the loom to my innovate Lc-1 so they can both share the sensor to aid my fueling issue?
    If so what wires do i connect from the loom to the Lc-1 as i cut the connection off and dont know what colours the wires are

If this isnt possible does anyone have the origional lambda and loom plug kicking about? long shot i know
    Last edited by SCHWARTZ; 21-01-2012 at 16:36.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: lambada sensor?

found this on innovate website. output 2(brown) is being used for my gauge so could i use the yellow wire as its a narrow band signal? Would that be all the ecu needs?

6. Optionally, the YELLOW (Analog out 1) and/or BROWN (Analog out 2) can be connected
    to the analog inputs of other devices such as data loggers, ECUs, or gauges. If either one or
    both of these wires are not being used isolate and tape the wire(s) out of the way. The default
    analog outputs are as follows: Analog output one is 1.1V = 14 AFR and .1V = 15 AFR. This is
    a simulated narrowband signal. Analog output two is setup as 0V = 7.35 AFR and 5V = 22.39
    AFR.

Post Thanks / Like

i've got the same setup.

yellow for my display and brown simulated narrowband for ECU

Post Thanks / Like

ace il have to double check what way round mine is. do you know the colour of the wire from the loom? im guessing you had to cut the connector off.

Post Thanks / Like

look for a yellow spade conector.

will check it on monday

Post Thanks / Like

A yellow spade off the loom? I dont recall seeing one but i have cut a few things off it. is it near the connection for the origional lambda plug?

Post Thanks / Like

somewhere above the gearbox

Post Thanks / Like

the only yellow spade connector i can see here is the test point g3. is that the one?
    https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...t=15754&page=2

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting this, so in theory your saying if i also join that g3 connector to my aem afr yellow the ecu will run as if its got a oe lambda connected?? i.e better fuel ecconomy?

Post Thanks / Like

thats what im thinking just trying to find out what wires to use. that g3 connector says its a test point so i was thinking it would be one of the wires that went to the lambda

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWARTZ View Post
    thats what im thinking just trying to find out what wires to use. that g3 connector says its a test point so i was thinking it would be one of the wires that went to the lambda

im not sure if you know schwartz but that yellow g3 connector plugs onto the oe lambda, the oe lambda has two connectors but im unsure why, its one of two plugs anyhow, i had an oe lambda but it was welded into my old downpipe before i put t28 on and used new downpipe, that g3 connector takes a reading of some sort but i also could do with knowing an answer to this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REGGY5GT View Post
    im not sure if you know schwartz but that yellow g3 connector plugs onto the oe lambda, the oe lambda has two connectors but im unsure why, its one of two plugs anyhow, i had an oe lambda but it was welded into my old downpipe before i put t28 on and used new downpipe, that g3 connector takes a reading of some sort but i also could do with knowing an answer to this
    ahh makes more sense then. no i didnt know that matey i thought it was some kind of test point for a diagnostics computer or something.

So it looks like its that wire from the loom but would the ecu need a wide or a narrow band signal? I assume narrowband as it dosnt need to display anything

Post Thanks / Like

yep, thats the connector, standard lambda has a 3 wire. i just followed the lead and found the yellow spade connector.

Post Thanks / Like

sieger does your car fuel better having the lambda plugged into your Lc-1? im having a few issues with it being all over the place I have saab reds and looking to run 1.5bar boost but thats making it hard to get it fueling good at idle.

Post Thanks / Like

ahh makes more sense then. no i didnt know that matey i thought it was some kind of test point for a diagnostics computer or something.

So it looks like its that wire from the loom but would the ecu need a wide or a narrow band signal? I assume narrowband as it dosnt need to display anything

when it comes to that type of stuff mate im stumped sorry, at a guess yes i would say narrowband but sieger might be better to help or maybe scoff as thats one of his specialities..

if its also any help schwartz a naturally aspirated volvo 480 lambda sensor will also fit, i checked the bosch numbers online the other day.

Post Thanks / Like

Il bear that in mind matey really hoping I can do this with what I have got.

Post Thanks / Like

sieger does your car fuel better having the lambda plugged into your Lc-1? im having a few issues with it being all over the place I have saab reds and looking to run 1.5bar boost but thats making it hard to get it fueling good at idle.
    i fuels fine, last trackday i wound it up to 1,4 bar ( with 230cc injectors :P). did run pritty good

Post Thanks / Like

i spoke to a friend of mine today and he mentioned something about putting the laptop onto the afr kit and setting the output of the yellow wire to the specs of the standard volvo lambda, so theoretically the voltage of the yellow gives the same signal to that g3 connector as if a lambda was connected, i hope this helps you out a little schwartz...

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers matey I have the programme and cable, think il have a go at it. Just need to find out the voltage that the ecu needs then I guess.
    Cheers for all the help guys

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

no exactly sure what your trying to do. wideband kits use a wideband sensor, volvo ecu uses narrowband so they wont be compatible. are you tryin to use a wideband but through your kit then tellin the ecu a narrowband signal? early ecus dont use a sensor, later use it but when unplugged ecu runs closed loop, basically what its been programmed to do. when plugged in the ecu runs open loop and will adjust duty cycle slightly to help compensate, not exactly sure how much but dont think it would be alot, say 5%. dont think you'd get the adjustabilty your after on that setup?
    first pic is where the lambda connector is at the end of the loom, opposite end from ecu's. there's 2 connectors, the 2 pin one is for the probe, the other is the one in the second pic, the yellow connector your on about? i think its a test point for the ecu.
    markey mark may have some sensors but most narrowband ones wil do.
    regards the red injectors, you'll need some sort of bypass hole, from memory 32mm? the is best done closest to the turbo, if its close to the afm it seems to make it read funny
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers haz, The Lc-1 has 2 outputs wideband and narrowband, I was looking at connecting the narrowband to the loom hoping this would aid part throttle driving? Or would this not be the case?

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheers haz, The Lc-1 has 2 outputs wideband and narrowband, I was looking at connecting the narrowband to the loom hoping this would aid part throttle driving? Or would this not be the case?

You can do that Gary but it depends on the narrowband signal that the LC-1 gives out as I found my AEM didn't give out the correct signal although there was prob away of programming it to do so I gave up in the end and left mine slightly richer
    Last edited by James5; 23-01-2012 at 14:13.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have the programme n lead to re-programme it but me n computers don't mix so if I have to do that it will prob stay as it is

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have the programme n lead to re-programme it but me n computers don't mix so if I have to do that it will prob stay as it is
    Gary, have you tried wiring in the yellow Outpu 1 wire without programming to see if it works as this should be a typical narrow band signal 0v - 5v (7.35 afr - 22.39), if you can find out what your lambda range is if needed it looks pretty simple to programme the LC-1 with a laptop through LM programmer

Post Thanks / Like

0-5v says its the wideband signal tho dosnt it?

Post Thanks / Like

0-5v says its the wideband signal tho dosnt it?
    I think you could be right not had a look at the guide again yet but I assume you just need 1.1v-1v literally so it just lean or rich signal, think you will have to programme that in

Post Thanks / Like

yeah that is the yellow wire narrowband signal 1.1-.1 i may just try connecting this and see what happens