Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Renault turbo

Renault 5 turbo
    Last edited by Mattv6; 01-01-2014 at 13:41.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello! New R5 owner - well chuffed!! :)

welcome matey... nice collection

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo69 View Post
    welcome matey... nice collection
    Cheers mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club Matt

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scratcher View Post
    Welcome to the club Matt
    Cheers pal - loads of info so got some reading to do on the car now!

Just doing oil, filter and coolant this morning!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome along

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club pal, car looks cracking too

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club. Nice collection of motors

Can I be nosey & ask who you bought the car from? I didn't think there was many, if any, 1-owner from new cars left in the club now?

To answer your Q's...

1). Best way is to remove the radiator (which will then also pretty much drain the rest of the system), flush the rad' through till running clear, likewise for the coolant circuit, re-fit radiator/pipes, and refill with coolant mixture holding the header-tank as high as possible with the bleed screw on the 'thermostat' hose open. When water starts spurting out of there, close screw, and repeat for other bleed screw on the water-pump 'u-bend' hose. Obviously make sure the water level doesn't drop in the header tank whilst bleeding the system, otherwise you'll add air back into it. Re-position header-tank, and top up to 'max' line.

2) Any 10w/40 will do. It's a pre-historic engine (said in the nicest way), so it'll happily run semi or fully synth.

3) Don't believe the over-heating & headgasket horror stories you may have heard. Most are due to the owners (more so back when the car was first released) upping the boost without paying any attention to the fuelling. As long as the radiator is in check, and the thermostat & rad fan switch are operating correctly, you'll have no problems. Likewise, don't believe the bollox about having to run 'low temp' thermostats & rad fan switches. Simply not needed, even on track.

4) Plenty of helpful members in your neck of the woods (and on here in general, truth be told) - I'm sure they'll pop up & say hello on here.

If you want to mingle with other like-minded, GTT crazy members, get yourself along to our National Day at Blyton Park, on Saturday 28th July

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome great collection you have this club is full of members who love Renaults ,I use o.e coolant and flush the whole system.

You can just get that from Renault not that expensive.

Enjoy your new car

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome matey. Awesome collection there and a very nice 5 by the look of it. Grab yourself a haynes manual. Not a bad read while on the trap.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! What a great collection of car's?! Welcome to the club!!

I think you may have to go to the top of the class now for members who own multiple hot Renault's?!

You may know Lomo who also own's a Phase 2 V6 and is also a member of V6clio if you're on there??

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome buddy big fan of the v6

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome very nice collection. Ive always wanted a Clio V6 get yourself along to some meets

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Welcome to the club. Nice collection of motors

Can I be nosey & ask who you bought the car from? I didn't think there was many, if any, 1-owner from new cars left in the club now?

To answer your Q's...

1). Best way is to remove the radiator (which will then also pretty much drain the rest of the system), flush the rad' through till running clear, likewise for the coolant circuit, re-fit radiator/pipes, and refill with coolant mixture holding the header-tank as high as possible with the bleed screw on the 'thermostat' hose open. When water starts spurting out of there, close screw, and repeat for other bleed screw on the water-pump 'u-bend' hose. Obviously make sure the water level doesn't drop in the header tank whilst bleeding the system, otherwise you'll add air back into it. Re-position header-tank, and top up to 'max' line.

2) Any 10w/40 will do. It's a pre-historic engine (said in the nicest way), so it'll happily run semi or fully synth.

3) Don't believe the over-heating & headgasket horror stories you may have heard. Most are due to the owners (more so back when the car was first released) upping the boost without paying any attention to the fuelling. As long as the radiator is in check, and the thermostat & rad fan switch are operating correctly, you'll have no problems. Likewise, don't believe the bollox about having to run 'low temp' thermostats & rad fan switches. Simply not needed, even on track.

4) Plenty of helpful members in your neck of the woods (and on here in general, truth be told) - I'm sure they'll pop up & say hello on here.

If you want to mingle with other like-minded, GTT crazy members, get yourself along to our National Day at Blyton Park, on Saturday 28th July
    Hi mate,

It was off Elliot who is a member on here - he had it advertised on here but didn't register it. It was registered to a lady who had it for her company car.then decided to purchase it in 2005 when she had the chance.

Thanks for all the info. Got oil change, gearbox oil changed and new coolant in today. However.........

The guy who serviced it said it might have possible head gasket failure!!!! It drives ok so I'm not sure if it has of not!! They said some oil was in the water tank (not alot) and smoke out of the back (though carl said that was prob due to carb over fuelling) Carl is coming over to have a look. Hope not though.

If it has got head gasket failure would I definitely know about it - what sort of price am I looking at and most importantly where would I go to get it done locally (Derbyshire, Sheffield area)

Just want it running right for summer

Cheers for great welcome guys,

Matt

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    WOW!! What a great collection of car's?! Welcome to the club!!

I think you may have to go to the top of the class now for members who own multiple hot Renault's?!

You may know Lomo who also own's a Phase 2 V6 and is also a member of V6clio if you're on there??
    Hi Steve

Yes I know lomo from v6clio.net. Think I've met him at a couple of meets.

Cheers for the welcome mate,

Matt