Post Thanks / Like

wheel size?

My 5 is going though a change atm. i'm aiming for 700kgs 200+ bhp im after the best wheels for 0-100 im currently using 16" turbines but wondering if 13" lightweight wheels would make a big difference??

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wheel size?

i can not remember if it's scoffs or back yard racing project thread that they were talking about weight affecting the times, interesting reading tbh.

so is this for a drag set up, track or just traffic light showdowns?

Post Thanks / Like

Anything you can do to reduce the rotating mass will, in theory, help improve acceleration.

Are you just going to be hitting the 1/4 mile or doing some track work too? Whatever discipline you choose, tyre choice will probably dictate the rim size.

Here' a nice light weight 15" rim:

http://949racing.com/15x7-6UL-wheels.aspx

Hope that helps mate.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys,

its a fast road/track day car!
    Thing is i love the look of my current wheels but if there going to make a big difference then ill change them for a 13" wheels! Im looking at competing in hillclimbs next season, i as looking at prima racings race car looks as though he uses bigger than standard wheels, although im not sure that cars power output? Ive removed everything and i mean everything that not needed out of the car to the extreme! Its now so light i picked the back end up! Haha... One more thing ive located the battery to the back of the car near ish the fuel cell will this be seen as safe?? Oh yeah just one more thing! Has anyone ever used solid engine mounts? I mean is it a good idea or not? Not bothered about noise or vibration...there is a civic type r track car in the garage where mine is and thats using solid items. What is the advantages/disadvantages of this modification?

Thanks for your help!

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If your looking at doing hill climbs you should have a chat with Matt5, RusselT or Andrew cooke as all 3 of them have done it.

As for battery in the boot, no problem with that but it should be correctly fastened down, you can get boxes from rally design cheap

Post Thanks / Like

small 13's are your friend for handling.....er'...mini 7/miglia...

Post Thanks / Like

Russ, the turbines are 15inch! What profile tyre do you have on as I think
    45 give it a very similar rolling radius to the standard 13inch wheels and tyres.