Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

In a pickle

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi Guys, names Ben and I'm in need of some help.

Owned my 5 for 6 years now, 4 of them its been off the road. The car is currently a rolling shell - no box, engine. No interior - carpet, seats, dash the lot. Only things that remain is the stearing column and pedals.

Car has been sprayed inside out and now I'm looking at putting it back together. Now I'm not the most mechanically literate person in the world so please bare with me.

The whole things come grinding to a hault, I know exactly what I want to do to the car and how I want it but don't know where to start. I've just moved back home since being away for work for the last 2 years and during that time haven't touched the car. So coming back now looking at the 5 it's a bit taunting! Seems like its never gonna be back on the road if you know what I mean.

So basically I need some advise/someone to come and have a look who knows there way round these cars, someone who could help my start putting it back together? Point me in the right direction etc. Not asking anyone to anything for free of course, I'm just stuck and need a push!

This car is my pride and joy, I just want to crack on with it, get it done and enjoy it. But unfortutally I bit off a bit more than I could chew.

Any help or advise whould be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks, Ben

Struggle to get pictures uploaded on the thread so pics of the car on my proflie album, sorry for the poor quality, taken with my phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: In a pickle

Looks like a good base to start from.

I guess what you really need is a plan of action, have you still got all the parts that were removed?

You're probably best to start with running brake lines, fuel lines and electrics while you've got the room, then drop engine and gearbox in and start connecting things up.

Any questions just ask or do a search and I'm sure you'll get the information and help you need

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

im sure there are quite a few really helpful members from your way sparkie and clee instantly come to mind, these 2 guys even come to me in stoke to help me out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT Tricky Nicky View Post
    Looks like a good base to start from.

I guess what you really need is a plan of action, have you still got all the parts that were removed?

You're probably best to start with running brake lines, fuel lines and electrics while you've got the room, then drop engine and gearbox in and start connecting things up.

Any questions just ask or do a search and I'm sure you'll get the information and help you need
    As Tricky says - that's where I'd start - run through his list 1 at a time.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres some of your pictures man

Car looks fantastic condition in those pictures! Get it built, what in particular are you struggling with fellow black 5 owner