Post Thanks / Like

BMW E46 advice

Good evening, i am not sure whether this is the right place to ask, i am looking for some advice on how to tune the touring version of the above mentioned car.

A couple of things need to be done to the engine, namely deletion of the swirl flaps and a remap.

Also its going on its ass, there seems to be 18 and 19 inch alloys fitted to the M3 and i am not sure which ones can be fitted without problems on a very low estate.

Any advice or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks.

Shane aka GanJaMan

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BMW E46 advice

my 330 is pretty low on 19s acs with spacers front and rear, i do sometimes get tyre rub. remap on the petrol model only gives a small amount of bhp for the cost. m3 cutters is a good website for info

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Which E46 is it? As each engine size or petrol/diesel have different tuning capabilities. The M3 have a different offset on the wheels which won't allow them tofit properly but you can get many replica ones in the right offset for non M3s

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for the replies :-) i am glad i asked here first. Its a M47 i think ? 2002 320D 150hp facelift. Apparently a decent map will touch 180, if the inlet manifold swirl flaps dont come off lol

I did wonder why i have seen most touring models on M Tech alloys rather than the M3 versions.

Am i right in saying the M Tech front bumpers differ from saloon to coupe/cab ? I have been told that they are different fitments and not interchangeable ?

Can you coilover the touring model, i have no idea what the back suspension looks like at all.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that the diesels are very tunable from the BMW but as for what other additional things can be done to the engine I am not sure on that. Found the bimmerforums.co.uk to be useful there are a couple of companies which do the mapping of the diesels on there with some good results on increase. I seem to have read somewhere that they are different between them as well on the bumpers. I dont see why you cant put coilovers on the touring as have seen many really low ones which im guessing they used them to get that low just stay away from the cheap make on eBay as so many people say they fail after 1 year.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic ! Thankyou :-)

Post Thanks / Like

csl style rims are a must imo 19"