Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

White Renault 5 GTX - £1900.00 ovno ****SOLD*****

*****************SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD*************************

1988 Renault 5 GTX (Re-shelled 1990 GT Turbo)

I originally bought a 1990 GT Turbo with the intention of cleaning it up and running it, Unfortunately a rather dishonest person sold me the car and it was full of rot, probably my fault sending a so called friend to inspect it first.

Anyway the body was beyond welding but i found locally a very clean 5 GTX which i decided to use as the basecar. We completely stripped the car to a shell leaving in the steering column and rack the shell had a full respray in White and I had the standard GTT wheels refurbed and powder coated. The paint has been clayed and
    would benefit from a machine polish / finishing buff. When painting we used the GTT wings and doors as the wings are different to GTX and doors from the GTT were in better condition. Also fitted Rajs side decals.

GTX as I bought it:

Starting from the front, We fitted the GTT engine, I bought a good second hand engine loom as the original was ropey also replaced the headgasket and bolts whilst the engine was out and had the gearbox stripped and a syncro sorted out see receipt. Engine is standard apart from a stage 2 turbo and scorpion exhaust. I sourced loads of bits inc replacement carb, standard airbox and intercooler to bring it back to original as it had a front mount on it when i bought it. Also new plugs, leads dizzy cap and rotor arm were fitted. The GTT had no anti perc system so that is not fitted. Most of the mounting holes for the parts were already in the shell. I mounted the fuel pump and filter in the same place as the GTT and run some new fuel pipes under the car, also mounted the pressure reg to a nice easy location on the inner wing. Any new holes i had to drill i sealed back with paint and used aluminium rivnuts to mount the parts. The car has the GTX fuel tank which doesnt have the GTT aux tank just a fuel neck which i believe is a good mod.

Old engine out

Steam cleaned and painted up

Back from paint

Wheels refurbed and powder coated

Front suspension removed apart from wishbones and fitted GTT shocks and bearing housings which were stripped and i fitted brand new 30mm springs, wheel bearings, ball joints, track rod ends and pagid discs and pads. The rear axle was removed and the GTT fitted.

Brand new windscreen fitted as my mechanic broke the old one, roof lining left in as the body I bought has a Webasto sunroof which i bought a new seal for. The roof is electric and is all functioning. I sourced two standard decent passenger side front seats and a complete rear bench minor tears but bolsters are fine. Original standard un cut parcel shelf and boot carpet fitted. The dash was removed and replaced including the complete wiring loom behind the dash just incase there were any differences. Also fitted the GTT window glasses front and rear inc rear screen.

The car is registered (AND HAS TO BE) as a Renault 5 GTX to make it completely legal but ive had DVLA re-classify the tax so its on the lower GT turbo 1400cc tax rate and the reg doc updated with correct engine number and size. I have kept the original GTT V5 (ONLY) to prove where the car originated from and so i can show the vehicle from which all the GTT parts have come off. 11 Months MOT and 6 months tax.5 digit Private reg on the car which is shown with the pics comes with the car and a spare set of clio 16v turbines with tyres. Also all the spare parts
    you can see in the pictures, headlamps, mirrors, rear lamps, seatbelts etc.

I must stress the body is excellent, fully undersealed not a spot of rust or rot.
    I have just spent loads on this car (far more than I can ever make back). Plenty of receipts for the bits I have done but unfortunately not much for the GTT or GTX. Mileage 88,000 on the GTX and the GTT clocks show 75,000. But I must stress theres no history to back these up.

Nice clean sills and underbody

Bad points:
    Slightly smoky when re-starting warm, but the carb I got from CGB still needs tweeking.
    Heaters dont work if i get time before selling i will look at this.
    No radio fitted, wiring is in place though.

£1900 ovno
    My mob 07917 697564 if anyone interested feel free to call me for a chat or any questions please post.

IF ANY ONES INTERESTED FOR £2500 STRICTLY NO OFFERS ILL THROW IN MY MK3 1.4 GOLF IN GREEN 130,000 PERFECT CHEAP RUN AROUND, TAXED AND TESTED 5DR TOWBAR.
    Last edited by boustie; 24-09-2011 at 17:21. Reason: SOLD

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Renault 5 GTX (Re-shelled GT Turbo)

Re-Priced to sell £1900 ovno.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: White Renault 5 GTX (Re-shelled GT Turbo)

Sorry Sold