Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

leon cupra r bam

earlier after putting my foot down up to about 77mph. my oil light came up on the dash the light was red.

the light isnt on constantly. have stopped driving the car. could do with some pointers where to start to look.

i have a really bad feeling its the turbo. where should i start to look? inside the turbo inlet pipe?

does anyone know of an easy place i could fit an electrical oil pressure gauge on the car? (which i think i have knocking about)

any help much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: leon cupra r bam

1.8t like to block the oil pump strainer pickup if they aren't serviced regularly

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

it has fsh, i have read alot about this. Will have to look into it. I think im going to try and fit an oil pressure gauge. I had only changed the oil last weekend. Could it have been different oil which has caused it? It was vw spec.

Also how can i check its not turbo related? Cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have found oil in the turbo inlet pipe, and inside that part of the turbo.

Could this be caused by the oil being ever so slightly above the max mark on the dipstick? And when the pressure got up pushed it through? also i have nly recently chnged the oil for some carlube fully synthetic. maybe the car didnt like it? im wishing i stuck to what i know mobil 1!!

As i have no smoke at all i believe. Or by the pickup being blocked?

Also there is a thing that looks kinda like a dump valve on the breather system and its associated pipes a caked with crap, could this have contributed? Really wana try and rule out the turbo.

Does anyone know if a k04 could handle 270bhp for long as i dont no what its capable off thanks
    Last edited by tom t; 29-08-2011 at 23:20.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

say it was the turbo anyone have any idea how much a replacement is gana cost me? or a rebuild? cheers