Post Thanks / Like

Anti perc fan help

Just wanted a bit of advice regarding my anti perc fan, i had a replacement fitted as the motor in the fan was shot. The old one would cut in after the engine was turned off as it should. The new one is different as i cant hear it cut in or hear the motor run.

Is there a way of telling if it is working? Should i be able to hear the anti perc fan run?

If it is not working are there any obvious places to look? I know the actual unit is good just thinking about the wiring.
    Last edited by adscan; 25-08-2011 at 00:25.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anti perc fan help

My fan comes on everytime I drive and park up, and I can definately hear it running.

The easiest way to check it's working is jump the wires that go on the temp switch on the turbo heat shield, if the are not available these also should be connected to a temp switch on the base of the carb.

You might have an in line fuse to the perc fan that's worth checking.

Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I will try to jump the wires tomorrow and see if I can hear it kick in.

I have no wires connected to the sensor at the base of the carb. Is this right? I do not have a heat shield fitted at present and the sensor is cable tied above the turbo. Can I just plug those wires into the sensor at the base of the turbo and lose the one over the turbo altogether?

Post Thanks / Like

I tried jumping the sensor wires and nothing. I just get a clicking noise coming from some small black tube that sits vertical on the bulkhead. The wires connect it to the anti perc fan loom. What is this thing for? Tt also has a pipe that connects to the boost pipe.

Any idea what could be wrong? I removed the anti perc fan motor and it spins freely. I got it from mike and it was only 3 months old so I am thinking wiring or relay or something???

i am also thinking of leaving the fan in place for the original look. what is the best way of isolating the wiring so that it is not a fire risk? dont want to cut out the wires as i may want to use the fan again.
    Last edited by adscan; 25-08-2011 at 19:26.

Post Thanks / Like

If i remember the perc fan has a relay, it should be sat down next to the perc fan (2 there, one will be fog lights). Worth checking that as the relays are known for playing up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    If i remember the perc fan has a relay, it should be sat down next to the perc fan (2 there, one will be fog lights). Worth checking that as the relays are known for playing up
    what does the solenoid do? i can hear clicking coming from that when i touch the two sensor wres.
    the motor spins freely so dont think it is that.