Post Thanks / Like

cup mod

hi guys, im thinking of doing the cup mod, i have read all the threads about it but still dont understand the dangers of bleeding after fuel, i was reading about oil spraying over engine and a few other problems, was wondering if anyone could give me some more info on this, thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: cup mod

oil?... i thought the cup mod was for the actuator feed from the carb................it makes little difference on most engines.....i would'nt bother. bruv....................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike's r5 View Post
    hi guys, im thinking of doing the cup mod, i have read all the threads about it but still dont understand the dangers of bleeding after fuel, i was reading about oil spraying over engine and a few other problems, was wondering if anyone could give me some more info on this, thanks guys.
    Assuming you mean the breather mod. I've got a catch tank in the engine bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol I mentioned lack of cup mod posts to a fellow member tother day. Now we got one, I deem it a good thing I think there's a top article on it, I ran it for years with no issues, but any gains... Debatable

Post Thanks / Like

It says in the article on cup mod about if u use a bleed valve it can cause waste gate creep, and fuel vapour. Main reason I'm doing the mod is so I can use my crome lobster neck which don't have the right size port 4 the actuator. Was just wondering if I should do away with bleed valve for this mod. Cheers.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike, I can't advise on the cup mod but wanted to say hi to a local member. I haven't seen your car about yet!

Post Thanks / Like

next week on rtoc boards............

Q. is the 285 cam lumpy??

A. When i took mine out of the box there were lumps all along it................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mike's r5 View Post
    It says in the article on cup mod about if u use a bleed valve it can cause waste gate creep, and fuel vapour. Main reason I'm doing the mod is so I can use my crome lobster neck which don't have the right size port 4 the actuator. Was just wondering if I should do away with bleed valve for this mod. Cheers.
    IMO get rid of the bleed valve, just adjust the actuator to set the boost. I never see the point of having set up the fuelling for a certain boost level why you'd want to fiddle with it.

Once you do the cup mod, the boost drops down a little, so you need to wind the actuator rod in anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eugein Offord View Post
    next week on rtoc boards............

Q. is the 285 cam lumpy??

A. When i took mine out of the box there were lumps all along it................
    Thats because you got so excited.

Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks.