Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOW!!

£45 ...... You mean £45,000.00

Yer and he took loads of pictures of his car ....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo69 View Post
    £45 ...... You mean £45,000.00

Yer and he took loads of pictures of his car ....
    Yea and what I hadnt built it and put the parts on the car so whats the point of taking pics till it was done! I wasn't bovard about taking pics of it

Post Thanks / Like

I can't really see much diferance between selling a gear knob(which is a hard to find part) for top money or a secound hand grill for £150 both of which are ebay items so you only need to bid if you want them and have the money.It would seem the only differace is the person/members selling said items.
    In my mind both items are over priced.Saying that both new and good used parts are getting hard to find.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=23665

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 005 View Post
    I can't really see much diferance between selling a gear knob(which is a hard to find part) for top money or a secound hand grill for £150 both of which are ebay items so you only need to bid if you want them and have the money.It would seem the only differace is the person/members selling said items.
    In my mind both items are over priced.Saying that both new and good used parts are getting hard to find.

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=23665
    Thanks for the info Adam yes you are right they are hard to find and as u say most are used parts as I have Said you can't buy these knobs no more new from the main dealer how can you put a price on something like this!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    as I have said you can't buy these knobs no more new from the main dealer how can you put a price on something like this!
    You put the price paid in Euros into this converter and see what it says in £'s:

http://www.xe.com/

Post Thanks / Like

What a cheek you have to tell me I was taking the piss when my raider door decals were up for sale, also bashing other peoples for sale threads. Dont go throwing stones when your in a green house springs to mind. Your just as bad as that other gt raider penis.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i would think its only ever worth whatever someone is willing to pay, there may be someone willing to pay that or as its listed with a best offer maybe its a speculational listing hoping someone offers half that and thinks they get a great deal, either way good luck with the sale.

on the subject of the raised lettering i have had raised lettering on a phase 1.5 E plate car i owned back in the mid 90's which i believed to have had the original gear knob on as i changed it for an alloy one and it was an absolute ar5e to get off, but later regretted it as the alloy one never fitted right so bought a replacement from renault but that didnt have raised lettering, never got round to fitting it before selling the car so still have it.

as you can see that is just screen printed on, it came from renault so all i can think is that they changed the process or maybe the manufacturer at some point

Post Thanks / Like

Weren't there some copies around with the cake piping effect lettering?

Post Thanks / Like

what a knob..................................

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-...9#ht_500wt_922

£9.99

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Weren't there some copies around with the cake piping effect lettering?
    No there ain't no copys as we did try going down that route on here also I bought it from a main dealers in France has part number ect inside under it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Autosport View Post
    i would think its only ever worth whatever someone is willing to pay, there may be someone willing to pay that or as its listed with a best offer maybe its a speculational listing hoping someone offers half that and thinks they get a great deal, either way good luck with the sale.

on the subject of the raised lettering i have had raised lettering on a phase 1.5 E plate car i owned back in the mid 90's which i believed to have had the original gear knob on as i changed it for an alloy one and it was an absolute ar5e to get off, but later regretted it as the alloy one never fitted right so bought a replacement from renault but that didnt have raised lettering, never got round to fitting it before selling the car so still have it.

as you can see that is just screen printed on, it came from renault so all i can think is that they changed the process or maybe the manufacturer at some point
    I have also been told this that they changed manufacturer towards the end of the item stoped being sold

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes there were two different kinds, the way to tell is turn it over one had an larger hole with an insert with a x at the base and the other later ones had a much smaller hole that mount straight onto the gear stick.

There where some resin ones on ebay France a while ago which I think were copies if I remember correctly.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=phase i 16 v turbo;230381]Yes there were two different kinds, the way to tell is turn it over one had an larger hole with an insert with a x at the base and the other later ones had a much smaller hole that mount straight on to the stick

There where some resin ones on ebay France a while ago which I think were copies if I remember

I have the later one that has a much smaller hole that mount straight on to the Stick which is what I have put in my listing with a 2nd pic of the part number. Under the gear knob