Post Thanks / Like

Self-employed Van insurance

Ive been offered a job as a self-employed courior for Hermes.. Ive got a little Renault Tango 1.4 Diesel at the ready. Im 28 yrs old, 6 years no claims, but the cheapest quote i can find is £2000

Can anyone recommend someone? cos if this is the cheapest there is im gonna have to turn them down, which i dont really want to do..
    Last edited by cpt chunk; 03-08-2011 at 17:16.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Self-employed Van insurance

Quote Originally Posted by cpt chunk View Post
    Ive been offered a job as a self-employed courior for Hermes.. Ive got a little Renault Tango 1.4 Diesel at the ready. Im 28 yrs old, 6 years no claims, but the cheapest quote i can find is £2000

Can anyone recommend someone? cos if this is the cheapest there is im gonna have to turn them down, which i dont really want to do..
    Might be your job = higher risk, but I am a self employed commercial window cleaner & use Gladiator van insurance. Was £600 this year but thats with all the add-ons & £4k equipment cover on a 51 reg vivaro, I have 6 yrs NCB, 0 points & am 36.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Might be your job = higher risk, but I am a self employed commercial window cleaner & use Gladiator van insurance. Was £600 this year but thats with all the add-ons & £4k equipment cover on a 51 reg vivaro, I have 6 yrs NCB, 0 points & am 36.
    ill find out who im with. i had a bump last year and they wanted 2600 to renew, i managed to get it down to just short of 1700 in the end. an im only 25 and that was with 3yrs no claim

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

its the job you do i think, my friend did that for a while without the correct insurance.. he just had normal van cover and was running stuff about while the company kept asking about his insurance details.. he just jogged them on till they let him go after about 6 months

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Sounds silly but try Adrian flux, painter and decorator by trade, 27 yes old,400 fully comp with 3 yes no claims and 10000 miles use a year on a 1.7 cdti astra van, you have to haggle with them, I did anyway,lol just a suggestion fella, hope it helps