Post Thanks / Like

General update - Eastern Area

Hi all, just a quick update to let you know of progress??? over here.

TNT Andy

Just waiting for mapping with the Scoff Miester and that will be that, I have found a few slightly bent push rods which I am replaceing as I think it sounds tooo tappety, even with the 285 it sounds too noisey. I'm half way putting my ACT guage in so should finally be able to see how effective the pwr charge cooler is and after that I think I'll be putting some speakers in my doors which JP Racing donated to replace my components. Thanks JP. I may even streach to some sound deadening in the back also. My racing battery is doing well, living next to my passenger seat, there is a little recess there that is sits in very snuggly, very happy with this mod. Also, had the trigger wheel off again so as to check the welds on the back of that after TNT Ross's broke his welds on track - I have added a lot more weld.

TNT Ross

New air box in place and looking very good, engine out for a bit of welding under the fan section in the engin bay, brake ducts fitted and brakes bled with new fluid of the raceing type. New fuel delivery system going in with swirl pot and adjustable fpr after leaning out a few times on track at the national day, Slicks / cup wheels purchased and trigger wheel re-welded as above. What is amazing was Ross spent a fair amount of time ragging it with variable timing on track - went well though.

JP Racing

The F7P is fully assembled and is going in on Monday all being well, helped out with a little bit of wiring on Monday night and he feels ok to get it in and up and running relatively quickly. A bit of stainless welding is needed on the exhaust but he's got that in hand. Should be ok for about this time next month. I have to say, his car is looking very clean and fresh as it always did.

Handy Andy (the quest for power)

Having realised that compound charging is not the way forward (yet!) Andy has ditched the supercharger and is going down the turbo only route - good idea as the supercharger saw only designed for 175bhp, he did well to get 275 through it. All was going well upto yesterday untill his inlet manifold snapped upon installation, 2 weeks wait for the ali welding to be done, he was hopeing to be on the road in it today. The poor chap just can't get a break. Should be good when done though.

Oli

He's a cock

Markey B

After buying my 11GTX and the supercharger from Handy Andy, there seems only one logical solution really.

His Ging' mobile is as far as I'm aware is still in bits.

He's also a little cocky.

Mr Raider.

As you know he's keeping the 11 turbo flag flying buying, ahem I mean getting it through an mot and the raider is as it always is, on the road.

TNT Tricky Nicky - Has anyone seen Tricky?

Oli - Just kidding Oli - He's still on the hunt for a block that aint gonna give him sh**, I still think he's barking up the wrong tree - prove me wrong buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: General update - Eastern Area

Nice idea on the update

Fingers crossed for the F7 guys & i'll be watching Marks progress on the supercharger as I was seriously thinking about it on my F7P (a bit of a bigger one though)

I think one should be thrown together for the South east massifff

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am liking this peeps good read and totally agree we need to do one for the South East massifff

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT ANDY View Post
    Oli

He's a cock

Markey B

He's also a little cocky.

Good update from the Tuesday Night Tuning club! Normal for Norfolk!

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Andy..... I think lol

I'll admit I lost my way abit of late and work amougst other things have got on top of me but I'm finally back on track, finally got a break and pulled the block out and dropped it off with the pistons and a f7p block generously donated by MarkyB ( much appreciated) will know what the state of play is by Monday afternoon and with any luck should get everything back together in time for the world series at silverstone.

I liked to know your thinking Andy? Which tree should I be barking up?

Post Thanks / Like

lol, so true!

correct about ginge, engine is apart again so i can re-polish all the chrome, and whilst i'm at it decided to replace all 4 pistons as one had slightly melted

we machined a new set this morning, 0.5mm less off the face and then the 2mm dish, hopefully bring the compression down a little as it was crazy high with the overskimmed head. also found 2 bent pushrods and a buggered oil pump so they will all get done

r11 is slow progress, got complete clio 16v running gear, ecu, loom, gearbox, exhaust etc ready to drop in and get it running n/a before the boost, hopefully have it running in the next few months
    Last edited by markey b; 16-07-2011 at 17:45.

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant on the update Andy!

Post Thanks / Like

TNT tricky nicky ;

spotted today at my gaff, came to see his 2nd wedding present , the front end of a renault campus i cut off for him while he was on his honeymoon so hopefully he should be able to get his 5 up and running soon. hurry hurry hurry. Oh and congrats again froma ll the TNT crew / east midlands massive

TNT hammond ( Ross)

welding done, engine all back in and with other tweeks done to her. Should be all back running and ready to map the ignition on the road in a few more evening . Few other things lined up but not on old red after running her at mallory i was so happy at how she performed even on low boost i will only be doing mild tweeks instead of the usual massive surgery she gets. Instead i will be building my other project, A volvo 340 1.7 drift project , engine will either be supercharge the 1.7 b block that already in there or chuck in what i know the trusty c1j. This will then be used as a drift day car and my tow/support car for old red. Any ideas appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good Ross, u had any luck sourcing a c1j?

Did u try and call me not long ago? Been having issues with my phone and some with drink

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Os8472 View Post
    Thanks Andy..... I think lol

I'll admit I lost my way abit of late and work amougst other things have got on top of me but I'm finally back on track, finally got a break and pulled the block out and dropped it off with the pistons and a f7p block generously donated by MarkyB ( much appreciated) will know what the state of play is by Monday afternoon and with any luck should get everything back together in time for the world series at silverstone.

I liked to know your thinking Andy? Which tree should I be barking up?
    Top work Oli - glad your back in the fold. Not the Block tree, it's a gut feeling, but you've had it machined by Scholar and checked by another and they say it's fine don't they?

Keep going though, the more you try the more you learn, and whatever the outcome here you'll never forget this lesson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    lol, so true!

correct about ginge, engine is apart again so i can re-polish all the chrome, and whilst i'm at it decided to replace all 4 pistons as one had slightly melted

we machined a new set this morning, 0.5mm less off the face and then the 2mm dish, hopefully bring the compression down a little as it was crazy high with the overskimmed head. also found 2 bent pushrods and a buggered oil pump so they will all get done

r11 is slow progress, got complete clio 16v running gear, ecu, loom, gearbox, exhaust etc ready to drop in and get it running n/a before the boost, hopefully have it running in the next few months
    Markey - looking good, try not to be goaded by idiots on bikes, get your's up and running and run sensible boost and see him at the pod - get some slicks on and meet him at the other end.

Can't wait to see the 11 on the rd - the bloke who sold it to me had it from new and was going to scrap it, he really loved that car. Bring on the rian.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi andy thanks for the wiring help on monday very helpful loom for the adaptronic is almost done, will be finishing it tomorrow now at the same time as droping the engine in

just a couple of pics how the car looked about 2 years ago and how it looked on monday after its first wash in 2 years
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Top work Oli - glad your back in the fold. Not the Block tree, it's a gut feeling, but you've had it machined by Scholar and checked by another and they say it's fine don't they?

Keep going though, the more you try the more you learn, and whatever the outcome here you'll never forget this lesson.
    Don't know for sure it's the block yet but it's the only thing left it could be and since I wont get another chance in a while to get over there, i left the f7p block with them so they can get straight on with it if need be

Post Thanks / Like

Not really a lot to update you with as the 5 has taken a back seat due to moving house/diy and my wedding. Will hopefully have more time and money to work on it now. As ross said, he has kindly sourced me the remaining panels to rebuild the shell, all i've got to do now is stick them all together.

Nice idea Andy, although i do feel a little named and shamed as everybody else has cracked on and has the finishing line in sight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT Tricky Nicky View Post
    Nice idea Andy, although i do feel a little named and shamed as everybody else has cracked on and has the finishing line in sight
    I shouldnt worry too much my 5 is still parked round the back of my mum's house going nowhere any time soon.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, glad to get mot sorted on the 11 turbo, still few more jobs to do to get it sorted. Raider needs new heater matrix which I have bought and currently sitting under my bed! Mot time for the Raider next week...

Post Thanks / Like

ginge now has new crank, rods and pistons, all fitted and ready to put back in the hole

should be back (again) in a week or so

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ginge now has new crank, rods and pistons, all fitted and ready to put back in the hole

should be back (again) in a week or so
    You got some spare pistons on order and some more spare liners on the way joking aside good to see it's going the in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

well thought i would put a quick pic up of how the car is coming along

engine and box in, driveshafts on still lots to do thou
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

update,

Big thanks to Andy for spending our usual TNT night wiring up some lights in my new garages. Now i can finally see lmao.

Managed to clean and refit all the hoses in the bay and re route some of the megajolt wiring. Also had time to strip and rebuild my carb tonight. Big thanks to Chris (scoff) for sending out my new trigger wheel which is a lighter and balanced one, only weights 2/3 of the original one and now its on a campus pully has knocked over 400 grams off the end of my crank.

just waiting on my swirl tank and once the fuel system is re jiged she should be on the road and ready for snetty

Then new garages will house the vovlo for some fettling

JP looking good sukka, told you i was surgical with a grinder :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JP Racing View Post
    well thought i would put a quick pic up of how the car is coming along

engine and box in, driveshafts on still lots to do thou
    Good work johny - thats looking sweet. Think you're scrimping on the turbo though, that one only goes up to 10, you need the spinal tap turbo that will go to 11 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOXs...eature=related

Can't wait to see this up and running.

There's going to be some fierce competition down here, You, Oli, Handy, Me and Ross with a death wish. Lets get on track and prove some points.

Additional - Ross will kill himself and everything else in the east of England trying to beat everyone, I have never know a more competative person in my life,

apart from Hitler

And he was a shortie to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT!hammond View Post
    update,

Big thanks to Andy for spending our usual TNT night wiring up some lights in my new garages. Now i can finally see lmao.

Managed to clean and refit all the hoses in the bay and re route some of the megajolt wiring. Also had time to strip and rebuild my carb tonight. Big thanks to Chris (scoff) for sending out my new trigger wheel which is a lighter and balanced one, only weights 2/3 of the original one and now its on a campus pully has knocked over 400 grams off the end of my crank.

just waiting on my swirl tank and once the fuel system is re jiged she should be on the road and ready for snetty

Then new garages will house the vovlo for some fettling

JP looking good sukka, told you i was surgical with a grinder :P

No worries chap - Snetty beckons - lets get looking for some evening action once I'm mapped and we'll make an event of it for the masses.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a bit more for you over the last few months there has been some progress over here although slow, still going in the right direction.

My Fluffy - Everything is done here and am just waiting to get it mapped, Mr Scoff is waiting in the wings and dependant upon his scheduling we should be mapped by Christmas. Unfortunately some co*k has managed to put a dent in my rear nearside quarter, possibly by leaning on on it, or even just by looking at it. It's 80 French tin !

TNT - Ross - Round there last night (WNT?)Finished installing his new fuel delivery system including a swirl pot, new braided hose installed through the offside sill and new FPR. We installed this after Ross was experiencing fuel starvation whilst hooning it out of Gerrards at 110 at the national day. Talking of the national day and Ross - although he was doing well out on track, he had a problem with det which I managed to dial out on his laptop, but the reason for this was not clear at the time. As it happened he had not welded the trigger wheel on very well and it had cracked the poor welds and the wheel moved. It's now been re-welded and should not move.

Handy Andy - Andy has been very busy removing his restrictive Supercharger and running just his turbo with reasonably good results at just shy of 300bhp at Emerald. He's put a lot more time effort and money into the Blue monster trying to get this right, he's almost there now and we look forward to seeing this on the track. Other progress is with the addition of canards to the front section and more fine tuning to handling after it has been found that the set-up done by the so - called professionals in Norwich set it almost to a fatal conclusion. I wasn't there, but if Handy had just been to BK to visit the king - the smell could not have been good.

Oli - He's a co*k

JP - I've heard nothing

Markey B - Not sure.

Mr Raider - still got both 11 and 5 running as god intended - we need to look at increasing his boost levels.

Tricky Nicky - Are you out there - Joking aside - TNT Ross removed most of the front end of relatively tidy 5 to help Nick out which is still in Ross's garage - we need to get on this asap and help out to get Nick back in the fold.

Oli - Doing well as I'm sure he's posted up - his engine now runs (needs mapping) well and I believe he is waiting for a down pipe, then its back on the road. Can't wait to get in this to see how it goes.

Generally - All very active over here, and we're just waiting for Handy, oli and Ross to get back on the road. Once they are up and running we'll be looking for an evening on Snetterton and possibly a BBQ round Ross's.

Please feel free to add anything or correct any errors (Oli is a coc* so don't even think about it)

Post Thanks / Like

markey b - 11 should fire up this eve, have a nice slim push fan, fuel line and coolant connectors sitting under my desk as i type.. will get em fitted this eve - more blurb on here... https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=23761

oli - yes he's a c0ck

Post Thanks / Like

Good work johny - thats looking sweet. Think you're scrimping on the turbo though, that one only goes up to 10, you need the spinal tap turbo that will go to 11 lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOXs...eature=related

Can't wait to see this up and running.

There's going to be some fierce competition down here, You, Oli, Handy, Me and Ross with a death wish. Lets get on track and prove some points.

Additional - Ross will kill himself and everything else in the east of England trying to beat everyone, I have never know a more competative person in my life,

apart from Hitler

And he was a shortie to.

Andy couldn't have put it better myself, Ross is a competative chap, just lacking a tash and dodgy hair cut lol.

Yep just waiting on the downpipe from Marky Mark then its mot time monday and then up to norwich to show Ross how its done

Post Thanks / Like

Andy couldn't have put it better myself, Ross is a competative chap, just lacking a tash and dodgy hair cut lol.

Yep just waiting on the downpipe from Marky Mark then its mot time monday and then up to norwich to show Ross how its done
    Your a fool if you think you can show Ross anything.

And he already has a dodgey haircut.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he just needs the tash to be fair!
    Damn you Andy, got there before me ha ha.

Yeah little to no progress to report from me. financial situation has taken a turn for the worse unfortunately so the 5 has been pushed to the back once again

Have seriously thought about weighing it in for scrap but it's costing me nothing where it is so won't really help so in the long run will be best to keep it for another day.

Post Thanks / Like

And he already has a dodgey haircut.
    True so he just needs the tash....... oh and to loose a ball, Andy your regulary in his pants, that'll be your job

Post Thanks / Like

Not been upto much just doing odd bits lost all my phone numbers again as I have a new phone lol (tnt crew pls send them to my inbox lol on here or txt) will be done before Christmas this year hopefully lol

Post Thanks / Like

I frickin love the east coast massive

Post Thanks / Like

jimmy_b - still got the std 182 although heading out on track in it soon, and camper still in many bits, although alot less rust now

Post Thanks / Like

the 11 runs... but leaked oil like a bastid...

got the box off this eve and the leaky crank seal out... just need a new one and should be back where i was at the weekend

just some wiring to gauges to go after that, and then all that is left is suspension and brakes, then hopefully tax, test and hoonage!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_b View Post
    jimmy_b - still got the std 182 although heading out on track in it soon, and camper still in many bits, although alot less rust now
    Sorry, Jimmy - Didn't even mention you. How rude of me. I deduct me 3 points.

Post Thanks / Like

the 11 runs... but leaked oil like a bastid...

got the box off this eve and the leaky crank seal out... just need a new one and should be back where i was at the weekend

just some wiring to gauges to go after that, and then all that is left is suspension and brakes, then hopefully tax, test and hoonage!
    Practice practice practice practice.

Saw the progress on arse-face, got to say, this will look and go wicked I'm sure. The grin factor when pulling away from the so-called big boys in this will be legendary.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on Markey - when you on the road proper?

Post Thanks / Like

Spot on Markey - when you on the road proper?
    still got brakes and supsension to swap. few little bits and bobs to tidy up and then MOT and tax... hopeing to have it road legal start of next month all being well

Post Thanks / Like

this month mine is getting major work done that should have never needed to have

First off i'm having a custom down pipe made after a suplied item turned out to be no use what so ever.

And secound she's undergoing major surgery, both sill's are shot after it turns out a certain bodyshps idea off fixing sill's involves filling the rust holes with silicone and blue paper roll

Post Thanks / Like

this month mine is getting major work done that should have never needed to have

First off i'm having a custom down pipe made after a suplied item turned out to be no use what so ever.

And secound she's undergoing major surgery, both sill's are shot after it turns out a certain bodyshps idea off fixing sill's involves filling the rust holes with silicone and blue paper roll

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

new pwr arrived and fitted, manifold and new billet throttle body at fabricators, should be ready when i get back in 10 days, camber corrector bolts and new shocks on front to be fitted and tracking re aligned ,yet again ,and all before 22nd october

Post Thanks / Like

still got brakes and supsension to swap. few little bits and bobs to tidy up and then MOT and tax... hopeing to have it road legal start of next month all being well
    Nice one chap - we need a road trip down your neck of the woods soon, hopefully we will have ol Red back on the rd next Tuesday and get down to see you.

Post Thanks / Like

The big 'C' spreads it's ugly reputation even further.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAndy View Post
    new pwr arrived and fitted, manifold and new billet throttle body at fabricators, should be ready when i get back in 10 days, camber corrector bolts and new shocks on front to be fitted and tracking re aligned ,yet again ,and all before 22nd october
    Glad you're not dead - hope you don't get dragged in by a shark and eaten.