Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RTOC National Day 2012 Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    That's an interesting post.

So some evening entertainment would make you come to the event more-so than the actual car event in the daytime??

Worth more of a discussion on the Committe Boards that.
    Not at all mate, like I said I havent been to one yet so cant say I have a preference I'm happy with whatever happens

Post Thanks / Like

Blyton Park Trackday this looks good and might be a long way up but if the price is right and can camp am game to drive all the way from weston super mare

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy-wsm View Post
    Blyton Park Trackday this looks good and might be a long way up but if the price is right and can camp am game to drive all the way from weston super mare
    Try Plymouth, or Scotland like Miller etc, that's a fair round trip! Still, either way I will be there for some track action!

Post Thanks / Like

thats is a long way to come from but still will be a good weekend and never been to a nat day and relly wont too and should after all been a member of rtoc for years i guss all i was thiinking it would take ages in my campus to get to a nat day or eveing going to france for there nat day but i am aiming to have a turbo 5 buy end of oct after ive done my partying in augest lol
    Last edited by wiggy-wsm; 12-07-2011 at 23:25.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not that far. I did Bristol to Doncaster in about 3 hours yesterday... And I wasn't booting it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy-wsm View Post
    thats is a long way to come from but still will be a good weekend and never been to a nat day and relly wont too and should after all been a member of rtoc for years i guss all i was thiinking it would take ages in my campus to get to a nat day or eveing going to france for there nat day but i am aiming to have a turbo 5 buy end of oct after ive done my partying in augest lol
    Just you wait until your part of a local convoy on route to the day. The mileage/distance becomes irrelevant!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    cette journée national de RTOC , si je comprend bien , il y as :
    circuit et exposition , c'est bien sa ??

si l'on me donne les infos nécessaire "rapidement" je ferais ce qui faut pour faire venir les français !!
    en tout cas moi personnellement et mes amis sa nous intéresse fortement !!

les anglais en France le 2juin 2012 , et les français chez vous juste derrière , sa serais le top !!!

this day national of RTOC, if I understand well, it there ace:
    is circuit and exposure, it well its??

if one gives me the information necessary “quickly” I would make what is necessary to make come French!!
    in any case me personally and my friends its strongly interests us!!

English in France on June 2nd, 2012, and French on your premise just behind, his would be the signal!!!

Bonjour xénon,

Ce serait excellent si vous et quelques-uns des clubs français pourraient se joindre à nous pour notre fête nationale 2012.

Nous allons vraiment mettre un peu d'effort dans l'événement prochaines années parce que c'est la 10e année de notre Journée nationale de sorte que nous voulons en faire une journée mémorable!

Pour l'instant il semble que ce sera la fin de Juillet 2012, mais nous annoncerons la date pour le club dès que nous savons.

Si vous avez des recommandations de ce que vous aimeriez voir le jour alors je serais heureux de les entendre. Le plus grand soutien que nous obtenir le meilleur de la journée pourrait être!

Steve

Hello Xenon,

It would be excellent if you and some of the French clubs could join us for our National Day 2012.

We are really going to put some effort into next years event because it's the 10th Year of our National Day so we want to make it a day to remember!!

At the moment it looks like it will be late July 2012 but we will announce the date to the club as soon as we know.

If you have any recommendations of what you would like to see at the day then I would be pleased to hear them. The more support we get the better the day could be!!

Steve

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

So all the members of the RTOC have spoken.... (all 74 of them ) as the National Day 2012 Surveys have now closed.

The Final results on the chosen Location and Preferred Month can be seen if you click on the links.

So it would seem that the preferred option is to hold the National Day 2012 at Blyton Park in July sometime.

I am now in negotiation with the owner of the facility to see what sort of "Deal" he can do us...

Will report back as soon as I have an update.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work mate, good darts

Good suggestion eh?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Good suggestion eh?
    Would expect nothing less from the Trackday Organiser

Post Thanks / Like

Bobbins! Only just seen this. Doesn't matter though, as it looks like we're going ahead with my preferred option anyway!

I probably won't have a 5 anymore at the time this takes place, but even still, would like to attend!

Good work on finding the new venue Steve, and all those involved

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn,t vote as wherever it is will attend havn,t missed a National day for 8 years now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post
    Will the mashalls be members of the BMMC? What level of first-aid cover will be provided? sorry to be pernickity but these are important questions that need answered properly Steve.
    In response to your question Scott, this is the reply I got from the Owner of Blyton Park:

We do not insist that our marshals are BMMC members but they are all experienced and marshal for ourselves, Javelin Trackdays , Cadwell Park and our MSA Rallycross events. We use Event Fire Services to provide both rescue and medical cover on track ( they were the guys who extracted Richard Hammond from his ill fated dragster ride a few years ago) and they have risk assessed the circuit and supply two technicians and a unit for all our track activity.

Post Thanks / Like

Would expect nothing less from the Trackday Organiser

Just holla if you need more guidance...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RTOC National Day 2012 Surveys - HAVE YOUR SAY!!

Thanks to these wonderful little survey's we have been creating, the Club members have had their say on WHERE and WHEN the National Day 2012 will be!

I am now just wanting to get the members opinions on WHAT they would like to see/experience at the Day and also what Catering and Entertainment options you would prefer??

PLEASE CAN YOU ALL COMPLETE THIS NEW SURVEY

As before the password to enter is rtoc (lower case)

The survey will run until Midnight on 21st July 2011.

Again you will be able to view the RESULTS yourself.

We really appreciate you completing these surveys guys so you can contribute to the way the day will run also!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

In response to your question Scott, this is the reply I got from the Owner of Blyton Park:

We do not insist that our marshals are BMMC members but they are all experienced and marshal for ourselves, Javelin Trackdays , Cadwell Park and our MSA Rallycross events. We use Event Fire Services to provide both rescue and medical cover on track ( they were the guys who extracted Richard Hammond from his ill fated dragster ride a few years ago) and they have risk assessed the circuit and supply two technicians and a unit for all our track activity.

Hmmm, let me put it this way Steve, we all saw what happened to Nick at Mallory and how profesional the marshals and first-aid team were in assisting them, heaven forbid something like that happens again but as we all know trackdays are dangerous (it's why we do it after all!)

A high proportion of cars at previous ND's ran road-legal trackday tyres meaning higher cornering speeds and a rollcage isn't required, if a car goes off at Blyton and digs in, it's going to roll a lot meaning a higher risk of serious head injuries, if the marshalling and medical cover isn't to the highest reasonable standard then can we be sure of the correct level of care should something go wrong?

I rolled a race kart twice at around 90mph and there were no marshalls or medical cover provided as it was a test day so i had to wait for an ambulance and then an air-ambulance as the medics suspected i had broken my spine, i was extremely lucky that day and as consequence now look at what could go wrong, it's also part of my job as an engineer on tugs towing 12000ton barges to make sure things don't go wrong putting lives at risk, yes we are all enthusiasts in a car club but we must take every precaution possible.

Sorry if i'm banging on a bit about this but i feel eveybody should be aware of the issues, is the cover provided at Blyton to the same standard as Mallory? If not i would be happy if the tickets were more expensive for the peace of mind of having the same kind of cover as Mallory, if the cover is as good then no problems

Post Thanks / Like

I'm failing to see what difference the professionalism of the marshalls is going to make should something go pete tong? If Nick had been knocked unconscious or severly injured at Mallory, it would have been the fire brigade & paramedics getting him out the car, not the marshalls.

Their job is to maintain a level of etiquette on track, flag control, offering assistance if someone pulls off the track, etc etc. Anything major, and the 999 guys get involved. Simple as.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Mart, you are right except that the 1st person or people on the scene largely determine the way things will go, someone skilled in marshalling will know whether to drag someone out of a car if the risk of it catching fire looks greater than the injuries or to keep them still if a spinal or brain injury is the risk, we as humans can't always do the right thing in an emergency but the more training and drills/practise we have then the more likely we will get it right when things do go wrong.
    In my day job we do drills all the time as although we may have fire fighting/first-aid and sea survival tickets when we go to sea if we don't practise we do forget our training very quickly, the reason i asked if the marshalls were members of the BMMC is that the club carries out regular training to make sure it's members have all that training fresh in their minds at each event they attend.
    I'm only asking the questions as i know that BMMC marshalls are the best in the world and i don't want to take chances with mine or anyone else's safety and neither should we as a club.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to these wonderful little survey's we have been creating, the Club members have had their say on WHERE and WHEN the National Day 2012 will be!

I am now just wanting to get the members opinions on WHAT they would like to see/experience at the Day and also what Catering and Entertainment options you would prefer??

We really appreciate you completing these surveys guys so you can contribute to the way the day will run also!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: RTOC National Day 2012 Surveys - HAVE YOUR SAY!

Done
    I like some of the ideas on there, a catering van may be a good call for the day, unless we can get a big BBQ caterer or something that goes all day & into the eve?

Mind you if there is places nearby we could get deliveries or non-drinkers could pop out to get food, whats the security situation Steve ? Are we going ot be allowed off site or is there a lock in ?
    I also like the idea of maybe a RR or something else to do during the day if you aren't on track.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    I like some of the ideas on there, a catering van may be a good call for the day, unless we can get a big BBQ caterer or something that goes all day & into the eve?
    That's one of my ideas for next years big day, rather than everyone having to go to all the hassle of bringing BBQ's, Buns, Sauce, Meat ETC ETC the club could put on a subsidised BBQ van/burger wagon & then the members are able to buy some cheap (But Quality!) food at the day leaving you more time to enjoy the day, rather than cooking!

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Mind you if there is places nearby we could get deliveries or non-drinkers could pop out to get food, whats the security situation Steve ? Are we going ot be allowed off site or is there a lock in ?
    I also like the idea of maybe a RR or something else to do during the day if you aren't on track.
    There's a small Chinese takeaway in Blyton Village (A 5 minute drive away)

And for the Ladies... An ICE CREAM PARLOUR in the Village of Blyton also which is also a Cafe & Bistro.

There is a Tesco's and large restaurant (about 15 minutes drive away). I'm sure you'll be able to come & go, I wouldnt want up to be locked in for the whole weekend!

I'm thinking about a portable rolling road for the day also. If anyone knows a tuner with one or has a preference of which one to get there, then please let me know

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

lol

Post Thanks / Like

looking good guys

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

sounding really good

theres a couple of vids on youtube of cars on the new track, also a little write up in last months redline mag. really like the look of the track and location