Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RTOC CAR RAFFLE - WIN A Phase 1 Renault 5 GT Turbo

Have Just paid for 2 Raffle Tickets come on guys it's £20 support the club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    So does this mean that you only purchase a raffle ticket when you have checked out the odds of winning & make a calculated decision at that point??

You have to be in it to win it.
    If the raffle was £20 a ticket, yes, absolutely. If I enter a church raffle at £1 for a book of five, or the lottery for a quid a go, I don't have the same compulsion.
    Last edited by Trevhib; 22-08-2011 at 22:22.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought 1 to support the club, I haven't got a clue what I'd do with it if I won - probably put it up for sale for £500 and the person who got the cash to me first would win it. Kind of an event in itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post

The Committee created this raffle to try something new & give the opportunity for a keen committed member to win a Minty Fresh OE Phase 1 GTT.

What we didn't want to do was just make money. We could have sold the tickets to any Thomas Richard or Harry but right from the beginning we all thought it would be a good idea to raffle it off to Club Members Only.

To see it raffled off to anyone & then appearing on e-Bay/Pistonheads would be a real kick in the balls because we want a member to win such a car for £20!?

We didn't start this raffle with the intention of the club losing money so just printed 400 tickets, a closing date and then put them in the shop. We were expecting to sell MORE than the 125 to cover costs and then make the draw. Unfortunately though that's just not the case (thus far) so will have to continue to sell the tickets until the magic figure is reached.

If we draw the prize early without all of the tickets sold then that's just going to cost the club money & I don't see why we should do that.
    None of the above is in question. Everybody is excited about the raffle. Nobody wants this car to go to anyone other than a club member. Nobody wants the raffle to cost the club money (and no-one has asked for it to be drawn until costs are covered). Neither is anyone accusing the club of trying to profit from it unduly.

In any case, it now appears to have been stated that the draw will definitely take place upon the sale of 125 tickets. Great, so how many are left to sell? Because that's really the only thing left to talk about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    None of the above is in question. Everybody is excited about the raffle. Nobody wants this car to go to anyone other than a club member. Nobody wants the raffle to cost the club money (and no-one has asked for it to be drawn until costs are covered). Neither is anyone accusing the club of trying to profit from it unduly.

In any case, it now appears to have been stated that the draw will definitely take place upon the sale of 125 tickets. Great, so how many are left to sell? Because that's really the only thing left to talk about.
    40 (I've got 5 stubbs here).

It's all on the link on the raffle page Trev. 320 left, leaving 45 to hit the 'magic' 125 sold.

Post Thanks / Like

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lomo, Ian, thanks for clearing this up. Just to be clear the draw will take place once 125 tickets are sold, no more? I don't really care how long that takes, but is seems the only fair way to those that purchased (to support the club) before the 'close' date.

Are members now allowed to purchase more than the max of 5 now?

Where and by whom will the draw take place now? Or is it date dependant? Who will adjudicate?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm excited and quite interested on where this will end up. I hope it's with someone active in the club/forums.

This was a great idea from the club! It's quite cheap relative to the prize and with good odds.

I log on everyday to see my new car!!! Haha

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

125 covered the original purchase cost that I paid Mike Amato, but I think a few expenses have been incurred since then. That number was only the basic target when the project was being costed. If all the committee involved decide to not claim any costs then it could be 125. It was never expected to be that low. That's not shifting any goal posts, there just isn't a fully costed total figure in with me at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Lomo, Ian, thanks for clearing this up. Just to be clear the draw will take place once 125 tickets are sold, no more? I don't really care how long that takes, but is seems the only fair way to those that purchased (to support the club) before the 'close' date.

Are members now allowed to purchase more than the max of 5 now?

Where and by whom will the draw take place now? Or is it date dependant? Who will adjudicate?
    The day the raffle sells 125 tickets will be the last day of sales, yes. HOWEVER, it will run up to midnight of that day. Regardless of what time the last ticket sells. If it sells at 11pm it will close an hour later etc etc.

Members are not allowed to buy more than 5 tickets no.

This will be discussed over the coming days but I can see it being date dependant. As soon as a decision is made it will be announced. It will obviously be done in complete fairness (that goes without say) and we will decide by whom it will be drawn and who will be present whilst doing it. Again, it will all be announced so everyone knows and agrees.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so looking at some of the comments, it's obvious these things haven't been officially agreed by all necessary club parties as yet after all.

Whilst it could be argued that having no definite number from the start means that reacting to a changing situation since then is not shifting the goal-posts, it simply means that there are no goal posts; so nobody actually knows where the blinkin' goal is!

Club expenses should be covered, the number of tickets that need to be sold should be calculated and capped (at £20 a ticket it can't be that many on top of the 125 needed to cover the cost of the car), this should be announced officially followed by the rustling up of buyers to purchase the remainder to get this expedited. Then an event chosen at which the raffle can be drawn.

If Norris McWhirter is going to be there, I'm definitely coming.

Post Thanks / Like

Im surprised committee members are allowed to enter???

they are the one's selling tickets and normally are not allowed to enter???

gonna be fun and games when one of them wins the car!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh when i heard about the raffle, i thought it was a great idea, and the odds of 400-1, are brilliant. i thought theyd be sold out after the first week, and snapped one up. but i cant understand all the negativity towards it? for me this is probly the only way id be able to get a good phase one because of all the high prices for the parts, and the fact that the club will make some money is great as well, because as was said before, the clubs not in it to make money from us, and it will be used to keep things going and get more events sortd for us etc. so everyone should stop whineing , and just get some tickets and then i can win it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frano81 View Post
    tbh when i heard about the raffle, i thought it was a great idea, and the odds of 400-1, are brilliant. i thought theyd be sold out after the first week, and snapped one up. but i cant understand all the negativity towards it? for me this is probly the only way id be able to get a good phase one because of all the high prices for the parts, and the fact that the club will make some money is great as well, because as was said before, the clubs not in it to make money from us, and it will be used to keep things going and get more events sortd for us etc. so everyone should stop whineing , and just get some tickets and then i can win it!!
    Its nice to read a little positivity once in a while.

If you think about it the odds of 125-1 are even better.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frano81 View Post
    It's good to see that some people understand, agree & like what the club are doing!!

Niceone Frano!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, where is the negativity? There have been some reasons put forward from one or two as to why they personally aren't buying a ticket (which is their prerogative), and there's been some pertinent questions from me pertaining to the odd way the situation has developed and asking for some clarity on how it is going to be run/concluded from here. There is absolutely no harm in either of these things, so what's the problem? What a bunch of cry babies.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, where is the negativity? There have been some reasons put forward from one or two as to why they personally aren't buying a ticket (which is their prerogative), and there's been some pertinent questions from me pertaining to the odd way the situation has developed and asking for some clarity on how it is going to be run/concluded from here. There is absolutely no harm in either of these things, so what's the problem? What a bunch of cry babies.
    Dont be silly Trev. We have set out from the beginning to make this as fun as possible for the members and unfortunately the last month or so it's been very difficult to sell as well as we would of liked. The fact we got some sort of normal website back 2 days before the RWS didn't help matters either.

Its not a case of being cry babies, or highlighting the positivity, but during the last 3 or 4 days I've probably felt as disappointed as anyone that the tickets didn't sell as the raffle was in fact my idea. I honestly thought we would sell the tickets. We haven't, so as you'll probably understand, its nice to read a positive post.

The last thing we wanted this raffle to be was a joke. Its been difficult of late to get a majority decision on anything with the site being down added to the fact we've all been ridiculously busy of late. I did at one point feel like it was coming across like we didnt give a damn about it and thats how some of the posts read but perhaps it was my frame of mind. I can assure you some of us have thought about this on a daily basis.

As it stands the raffle will be closed at midnight on the day of the 125th ticket being sold. If that means the last ticket is sold at 3pm there will be a remaining 8 hours in which any member can buy a ticket. Over the next couple of days a decision will be made regarding when the draw will take place. One thing is for certain and that is we are going to film the draw for all the members to see.

Iain

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What a bunch of cry babies.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there should be a meet on the day the winning ticket is drawn, it would be a right laugh This raffle has been a great idea, the rules and regs have been fine, the only bad thing that can come of it in my opinion is if a member wins it and then strips or modifies or sells on to a non member. C'mon 40 odd tickets to go & 600 members!! We'll have this drawn by christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

My posts have been balanced. I give up.

How's this:

I think this raffle is a fabulous idea and as ever, the praise rightly goes to all the clubs volunteers involved with it. I'm equally disappointed that the tickets haven't flown out of the shop. Still, I have absolute faith that the remainder will be sold to RTOC members and I look forward to the draw with genuine excitement.

Btw Steve, I notice that smiley's eyes are shut even when his hand is not over them. How apt!

Post Thanks / Like

The magic number gets ever closer people...Just 38 more to sell and the raffle can be drawn!

BIG thanks to those who have already purchased tickets and supported the club

Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my 4 tickets will buy the other one once i get paid next week!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil W View Post
    Just bought my 4 tickets will buy the other one once i get paid next week!!!
    Thanks for supporting it and good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Just 30 more tickets needed to sell people and the draw can take place.

In it to win it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting closer.

Clee, do you know if this includes my second one, still not got it through yet.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

If I'm really pants with post and have lost what was sent to me, can I still win?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    If I'm really pants with post and have lost what was sent to me, can I still win?
    We will still have the other piece of the ticket Adey so yes mate ..Im sure we can trust you

Post Thanks / Like

Cool beans cheers buddy

Post Thanks / Like

How's about this then ?

With 30 tickets left to sell before we reach the 125 I suggest we make the draw at the RR day that Blunty has organised on the 22nd Oct .
    https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=23140
    PFC will be there to cover the event so makes sense to grab a bit of press action
    Draw to take place even if we have not reached the min number required but I'm sure we will

Honorary Member Bruce - BHPerformance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think as a long standing member and previous club official that is not entering the competition due to too many renaults already that I should pull the winning ticket.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    How's about this then ?
    Draw to take place even if we have not reached the min number required but I'm sure we will

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_rob View Post
    Getting closer.

Clee, do you know if this includes my second one, still not got it through yet.

Cheers
    Clee, could you get back to me about my second ticket mate, dropped you a pm the other day and obviously paid up a good couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

rob

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are tickets offered to us lot (RTOC) only? If this was posted on Pistonheads the tickets would fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Purple_rob View Post
    Clee, could you get back to me about my second ticket mate, dropped you a pm the other day and obviously paid up a good couple of weeks ago.

Thanks

rob
    Ticket sent

Post Thanks / Like

103 sold!! Well done people!!

Just 22 to go and we can make one member very happy!!!

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lomo View Post
    103 sold!! Well done people!!

Just 22 to go and we can make one member very happy!!!
    Can i buy more than 5 yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    Can i buy more than 5 yet?
    No

Post Thanks / Like

In a true charlie and the chocolate fashion I have the golden ticket

Lomo made me buy the winning ticket on sunday morning (if he never lost it ) still not sure what I signed up to on those T&C's mind

If I win its a bit of dry storage for Benjamin when he gets older and maybe a few cheeky outings

DG

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RTOC Car Raffle

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Because it isn't ,it's £20 which was calculated relative to selling 125 to break even .The postal charges help to cover admin costs and on certain items this leaves us with a bit left over .If you buy 5 tickets the PP fees increase etc but you are not charged £10 extra for buying 4 more .
    The shop is a service for members ,we lose on it more than we make .It's not feckin Ebay and it's not a business .I only wish it was m,then we could do far more with it to the benefit of all .
    We charge a flat rate postage in the shop so if you feel you are being ripped off then buy two sets of headbolts and the club will lose on the postage ...........................
    Such a good answer I decided to buy a ticket

Post Thanks / Like

So want to buy a ticket or 2, but as some of you heard over the weeked, it would be a lose lose scenario for me

Post Thanks / Like

Not lost your licence have you?

Post Thanks / Like

No but he may loose some other bits if he brings another one home

DG

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    So want to buy a ticket or 2, but as some of you heard over the weeked, it would be a lose lose scenario for me
    Dont tell me you brought old whitey??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    In a true charlie and the chocolate fashion I have the golden ticket

Lomo made me buy the winning ticket on sunday morning (if he never lost it ) still not sure what I signed up to on those T&C's mind

If I win its a bit of dry storage for Benjamin when he gets older and maybe a few cheeky outings

DG
    Have a read of the first post in this thread Dunc, all the T&C's are there. And dont worry, your ticket is safe along with all the other ones....

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...411#post225411

Post Thanks / Like

Lomo think I prefered the conspiracy theory options discussed over breakfast with the gang - those T&C's are quite frankly a bit boring

DG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    Not lost your licence have you?
    No mate. See Duncan's reply for the general jist.

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Dont tell me you brought old whitey??
    That's the ultimate plan, but the Evo has to go first.

/scratched record

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Lomo think I prefered the conspiracy theory options discussed over breakfast with the gang - those T&C's are quite frankly a bit boring

DG
    You mean the one where the winner must give the car to me? i can live with that!

Post Thanks / Like

bought.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tubbyG View Post
    bought.....
    Thanks for buying a ticket and good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Just tried to buy a ticket, i had to register for a shop account to, is that correct?

And how do i un-check the £2.50 del charge

phil