Post Thanks / Like

Actuator pipework??

Im certain how i have things is ok as i've had gtt's for ages but i thought i'd ask for a 2nd opinion on this!

Basically im only getting about 3psi of boost!

Twin port actuator on standard turbo,Port closest to the front of the car goes to carb and has a T-piece in line which goes to the in car boost adjuster

The other port on the actuator is blocked, im sure this is ok? though some keep it open?

I NEED BOOST! 3-4 psi aint enough!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Actuator pipework??

back port should be open, but it isn't your pipes that are limiting your boost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    back port should be open, but it isn't your pipes that are limiting your boost.
    Ok,im sure i've seen people block it off? what effect would this have if any then?

I cant work out what else it is?? if i turn the boost adjuster nothing happens? but if i disconnect the pipe from actuator to carb (only for a very short blast) it gives loads of boost as you would expect

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nayls View Post
    Ok,im sure i've seen people block it off? what effect would this have if any then?

I cant work out what else it is?? if i turn the boost adjuster nothing happens? but if i disconnect the pipe from actuator to carb (only for a very short blast) it gives loads of boost as you would expect
    the rear port contains the spring, you have to compress that at the volume of air to open the actuator. I don't know how well it seals, so I don't suppose it'll makemuch difference.

Check the preload on the actuator, maybe it's been fitted loose?

Post Thanks / Like

tis all good now! it was a loose jubilee clip on the front mount pipework must have nearly blew the hose off when i ran it with the actuator pipe disconnected

Thanks for your help andrew