Post Thanks / Like

Renault Engine Swaps

I've just been reading all about the BYP Honda Civic Time Attack car complete with it's K24 supercharged engine and it got me thinking....

The biggest down side to running a bigger engine in a GTT is the extra weight forward of the front axle that upsets the handling a bit. What modern Renault engines have alloy blocks that could be developed as a lightweight (relatively) power plant for a racing/rallying GTT, or clio for that matter?

Keeping it Renault would make it more eligible for different types of motorsport.

I can't think of one and if that is the case having an alloy block custom made for a current Renault engine would be an expensive option.

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Engine Swaps

Quote Originally Posted by Woznaldo View Post
    I've just been reading all about the BYP Honda Civic Time Attack car complete with it's K24 supercharged engine and it got me thinking....

The biggest down side to running a bigger engine in a GTT is the extra weight forward of the front axle that upsets the handling a bit. What modern Renault engines have alloy blocks that could be developed as a lightweight (relatively) power plant for a racing/rallying GTT, or clio for that matter?

Keeping it Renault would make it more eligible for different types of motorsport.

I can't think of one and if that is the case having an alloy block custom made for a current Renault engine would be an expensive option.
    I don't think Renault have alloy blocked engines mate

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renault Engine Swaps

Ok, if there are no alloy block Renault engines, what are the weights of the engines in the current engine range compared to the C1J?