Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

National Day Ticket Sales

Less than 7 weeks to go ....
    RTOC coffers are emptying by the day .
    To date we have ticket sales of just over a grand ,that is a tenth of what the day will cost
    I could go on but I think you all get the jist .We need some support .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: National Day Ticket Sales

Im deffo going even though my wedding is a couple of weeks later

Purcase tickets in the next couple of weeks

Gibbo

Post Thanks / Like

Me too, even tho my 1 year anniversary is 5 days before lol. And my 2nd baby will only be 3 months old.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

C'MON PEOPLE!!!!!!!

If i can book time off work, then drive all they way down from near Glasgow why can't more people from south of the border make the effort to support OUR club.

If it carries on like this we'll end up with exactly the same threads afterwards complaining about non-renaults being on track (mine included, crx this year) and general lack of support for the event.

SO NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post

If it carries on like this we'll end up with exactly the same threads afterwards complaining about non-renaults being on track

SO NOW'S YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!

Exactly

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Would love to go but I am not back until the following weekend, have a good day everyone...

Post Thanks / Like

Having only missed 1 from my memory.... i have supported the club. This year i wont attend; date clash with somthing rather important. Also pod falls rather close and cant afford both.

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

im defo coming to this just waiting on seeing if were doing some track time, out of interest if i buy a normal ticket but decide i wanna track my car on the day can we buy track tickets there and then?

am also hoping to have the old ep motorsport twin engined car coming along for a play

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my tickets only missed 1 national day since I joined, I don't intend to miss another

Post Thanks / Like

i will not be coming to this years rtoc national day as i have not got a cup car or a non renault to use on track.There are also other resons aswell

Post Thanks / Like

The way things are at the minute it looks like this will be the last National day held at Mallory in any case .
    It would seem to have run it's natural course and the trackday side of things is on the downturn as far as this club is concerned .No great issue ,things evolve and if this is not what members now want then so be it ,we will have to rethink next year what shape future days will take .
    It will cost 10k for Mallory ,we can just about cover this and Pod using existing club funds this year but that will be it ..we will be potless .

We are committed to Mallory and Pod for this year though so unless members stand up and support in good measure by month end then I'm afraid we will have to tout the tracktime out to others .
    The club cannot afford to lose the greater balance of it's funds on this and Pod .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    im defo coming to this just waiting on seeing if were doing some track time, out of interest if i buy a normal ticket but decide i wanna track my car on the day can we buy track tickets there and then?
    Yes, no problem but you won't get the advanced ticket price

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    The way things are at the minute it looks like this will be the last National day held at Mallory in any case .
    It would seem to have run it's natural course and the trackday side of things is on the downturn as far as this club is concerned .No great issue ,things evolve and if this is not what members now want then so be it ,we will have to rethink next year what shape future days will take .
    It will cost 10k for Mallory ,we can just about cover this and Pod using existing club funds this year but that will be it ..we will be potless .

We are committed to Mallory and Pod for this year though so unless members stand up and support in good measure by month end then I'm afraid we will have to tout the tracktime out to others .
    The club cannot afford to lose the greater balance of it's funds on this and Pod .
    Sad times

It was suggested numerous times in the past (and even at last year's AGM) that having our ND @ Mallory was starting to become a bit of a stagnant affair, and that maybe we should look at an alternative venue/format for this year. Variety is the spice of life & all that.

Why wasn't that looked into more?

The latest rumour going around on the grapevine is that we've been somewhat fortunate (read mainly thanks to Mallory personnel) to be given a slot there this year anyway

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Why wasn't that looked into more?
    This club has no-one to look into it. Are you volunteering?

The only suggestion was to fall in with someone else' trackday. There was endless winging when that was done in 2007 with the FCS at Donnington.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    This club has no-one to look into it. Are you volunteering?
    No-one on the Committee interested then?

Big Steve? (Events Organiser)

Post Thanks / Like

We've had this discussion haven't we ?

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=17607

Fact is we are at Mallory and need to make the best of it .
    Members can either buy the tickets or they will be sold to non-members .If we can't sell enough we will make a big loss and there will be no events next year at all .
    Or we cancel and take whatever hit that brings .

Post Thanks / Like

just purchased mine........sorry for not doing it sooner

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you .

Post Thanks / Like

i wil be booking tickets very soon for at least 3 of us.. i love nationals day and wont be missing it. I personally think mallorys great but thats just me i guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the vast majority think that Mallory is great ,we don't hear from them though just the moaners but we can't continue to do it if we can't get somewhere near breaking even .

Post Thanks / Like

i guess looking at it, we will definatly need to invite another club, the question is whom would be best suited and join in the enviroment nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

We've tried the RAOC ,21toc ,Clio lads .I expect a few from those clubs hopefully Renaultsport as well .

Post Thanks / Like

just a thought clee.. although its not renault related, its still an iconic 80's hatch..

a lot of the 205 gti drivers are very track based, and im happy to ledn you my forum account if you wanted to maybe attract a few of them to cover costs.

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers dj

If you could copy and paste this on there for me that'd be great Plug it a bit will you

RTOC National Day ,Mallory Park ,Saturday June 4th .
    Renault Turbo Owners Club have hired the circuit for 7 hrs of open pit action !
    All are welcome ,you don't have to be a RTOC member and we can offer a discount on the non members ticket if purchased this month .
    For more information and Club group bookings please contact .
    Lee Crowston at shop@rtoc.org or phone 07974 493002 .
    https://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Wastegate/RTOCNatDay2011.pdf

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys iv just paid for my 2 tickets got my better half coming along for the day . iv decided see how things go with regards to tracking my car if i decide do it then ill pay up on the day no probs

come on guys dont be bloody shy support your club you will all be moaning when we have no events

Post Thanks / Like

Bought mine yonks ago. Never missed one yet.
    Will be sad if this years is a flop.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just bought my tickets ... but not a track pass this year... sold my Track Car! DOH!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    This club has no-one to look into it.
    I did offer to look into doing a joint affair with one of the many track organisers but it was suggested that it was too late to be looking at this year & we've missed the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Im going to pay for my ticket on fri. Still unsure what car to take though, would be nice to take my gtt but cant hoon it round the track & the van is setup for the dragstrip but could handle a few laps. Decisions decisions!
    Last edited by Brigsy; 18-04-2011 at 18:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys
    Appreciate the support

On top of this I've been having a few Shop/Paypal issues the last few days and some orders have not been processed correctly , PP has been refunded so I need to contact a few people and get them to re-order/pay .
    Apologies for this ,if anyone that has ordered anything does not receive either the goods or an email to explain then can they please shout at me via email/phone or PM .

One good bit of news is that I've been in touch with the guys at Trackaction Online and we have put together a package for expert instruction on the day .
    This is something that happens on lots of Trackdays and is very useful for beginners and seasoned drivers alike .
    There will be 1/2hr sessions available throughout the day ,we should have two instructors on hand so 20+ available slots .
    I'll let you all know details later on this week .Again the club is subsidising this for members so costs will be very affordable,well worth having .

Post Thanks / Like

Iam sure the day will bee a success as normal, and iam sure it will be enjoyed by all.

Lets hope it gets the support to see some money in the rtoc coffers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it will .

Now JRP ...That tenner you have saved by not turning up ...could you not put that on some nag you'll be watching instead and donate the winnings

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Heres a question for your clee... im put off with tracktime ...due to the fact i wont be there for the briefing as ill be at a different campsite ..will i be able to buy a slot when i turn up ..or will i not be able to go on as ive missed the briefing?

also the fact im driving down from glasgow and have no idea what the car will be like on a long journey

Post Thanks / Like

You should be OK if we have any space left
    There is always some provision for people turning up late and missing the briefing .Please don't take this as licence to have a big breakfast and not turn up on time though people .
    It all eats into the time and running procedure of the organisers on the day so try and be there for the main briefing please
    The entry to the paddock area at Mallory is via the track and so this will obviously be closed as soon as the track action starts .There will be chances to come and go during this time but this could mean a long wait to get in .

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

what time is the breifing at lee?

Post Thanks / Like

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm i doubt ill make the breifing mate prob get there around 9-9.30am

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be OK if we have any space left
    There is always some provision for people turning up late and missing the briefing .Please don't take this as licence to have a big breakfast and not turn up on time though people .
    It all eats into the time and running procedure of the organisers on the day so try and be there for the main briefing please
    The entry to the paddock area at Mallory is via the track and so this will obviously be closed as soon as the track action starts .There will be chances to come and go during this time but this could mean a long wait to get in .
    Ok cool i turned upto the last national day at 2pm ...wasnt on the track ..but had to wait till the track action finished to get in.

I will be at billing aquadrome campsite as im going to french car show ..so getting there for friday evening. I kno i will be dragging some of my clubclio members along to come see some track action

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it will .

Now JRP ...That tenner you have saved by not turning up ...could you not put that on some nag you'll be watching instead and donate the winnings
    Deal, on the day get a paper scan it... pick a horse and on behalf of the club i'll pop a £10 bet on if it wins i'll cough up the winnings

Thats Epsom Derby day only no other track

Post Thanks / Like

ticket paid for, but im backing out of a track ticket this year for several reasons so spectating for me.

Post Thanks / Like

One good bit of news is that I've been in touch with the guys at Trackaction Online and we have put together a package for expert instruction on the day .
    This is something that happens on lots of Trackdays and is very useful for beginners and seasoned drivers alike .
    There will be 1/2hr sessions available throughout the day ,we should have two instructors on hand so 20+ available slots .
    I'll let you all know details later on this week .Again the club is subsidising this for members so costs will be very affordable,well worth having .
    Be interested in this, let us know more details when you can Clee

Post Thanks / Like

National day bookings down.Booked for the day before french car show. (only one of the biggest shows in the u.k)a commitee lead by a member who spends no time on online.

santa pod booked within weeks of national day it would seem there is a major lack of communication with all members of the commitee.The list of things could go on.

Post Thanks / Like

Didnt this happen last year? As in there was a mad rush for tickets in the last two weeks!?

Clee, massive respect for your commitment, im sure all will end very rosy!

Post Thanks / Like

TBH you'll sell loads of tickets in the last week. People don't buy until then as we own Renaults and people want to make sure their car is running when the big day comes. I've only bought my ticket now because if the 5's broke i can take the clio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 005 View Post
    National day bookings down.Booked for the day before french car show. (only one of the biggest shows in the u.k)a commitee lead by a member who spends no time on online.

santa pod booked within weeks of national day it would seem there is a major lack of communication with all members of the commitee.The list of things could go on.
    Constructive input as ever

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh if you bought a ticket for a mere £10 and couldnt make the day its not a big loss really and it all goes to help the club out as well

Post Thanks / Like

still need to get mine as well

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We've tried the RAOC ,21toc ,Clio lads .I expect a few from those clubs hopefully Renaultsport as well .
    just outta intrest mate how have you got on with the responce of these others clubs like?would be good to see a whole load of reanults togther haha even though im not a massive fan of the new renaults but just something diffrent to see like.would be good to see the r26 r(in white that is ).
    or is it just the case of car clubs like to keep them self to them self??
    (21 turbo,clio,megan 225 club)
    or is it just the case of new skool dont want to be mixed with old skool
    also lets hope it dont rain like last yr or the park will be empty

Post Thanks / Like

Honest breakdown ...
    RAOC ...Any that will turn up are members here already, 3 or 4 max ....Far older member base that like park and polish and very much keep to themselves .If it's Renault H&C then they will be there .
    21toc ...far too few members ,probably less 21's out there than GTA/610 .FCS is more their thing for the social side .
    Clio ...more hopeful .Penfold is working on that .
    Renaultsport ???

Non-member old skool turbo power's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

21toc ...far too few members ,probably less 21's out there than GTA/610 .FCS is more their thing for the social side .
    ???

yeh i did notice that mate at the fcs in 2006. never seen so many 21 turbos at one go.