Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

plans for spring/summer

well guys after yesterdays interesting dyno day i can say i was quitely happy with my results seeing as i was running on a terrible carb that we was up until 1am trying to sort out lol.

car made 178bhp and 177lb/ft torque @19psi with the fuelling all over the place and only ran up to 5.8k to stop it probably going bang i have to stress this is nothing to do with automedics as i bought the carb off a member on here being assured that it was set up for 20psi and had a full rebuild etc am sorry but it just hasnt at all the jets were totally wrong eg main jet of 1mm air corrector is standard etc. overall though considering all that i think the car performed well and certainly will break 200bhp @ 20psi once fuelling is sorted.

so the plan is to sort the carb out totally strip it re jet it where required and re new any bits in it that we can. now i know you can get idle valves and mixture screws from cgb or ktec but where can i get an emulsion tube from??

obviously going to be fitting the aem wideband kit i have here so we can monitor things at all times and get the other 3 plasma gauges fitted. iv decided that my standard brakes are no longer going to cut it so want a 285mm brake upgrade fitting asap.

i cant stress enough how good the t28/t2.63 is that iv put on such a great power delivery and ill certainly be pushing it further than 20psi just to see its limits before changing the rear end to a .49 t25.
    i think were also going to look into some serious headwork including big valves etc and water injection as my goal is to run around 25-26psi (i know people say dont bother with headwork but justin does my work for next to nothing tbh so why not haha)
    engine spec now stands as follows

t28/t2.63
    285 cam/vernier
    pipercross viper induction kit mounted behind the grille
    cosworth 2wd intercooler
    bb tuning ported head
    2.5" downpipe
    enlarged turbo elbow
    scorpion system
    standard exhaust/inlet manifold

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: plans for spring/summer

That's the problem with buying a carb all ready jetted is that it may fuel for 20psi on one engine but another engine be totally different hence alot of threads were peeps have different carb specs but similar engine specs. You really want to try and keep tha main jet standard fueling for boost is done mainly through the 2nd stage and some tweaks to the air corrector may also be required.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well another prob has arised. I can only get first gear i replaced the clutch cable and the ped but the white nylon bushes are worn so i ordered a clutch pedal repair kit to solve that. Any ideas whats causing thjs problem hoping its not the clutch gone.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

few new pics

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving the bay mate looks nice an clean, only thing that would drive me crazy is the yellow tinted header tank.

Thanks Mat

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks fella i know its bloody driving me mad that is i might have to invest in a new un or get mine cleaned up

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    well guys after yesterdays interesting dyno day i can say i was quitely happy with my results seeing as i was running on a terrible carb that we was up until 1am trying to sort out lol.

car made 178bhp and 177lb/ft torque @19psi with the fuelling all over the place and only ran up to 5.8k to stop it probably going bang i have to stress this is nothing to do with automedics as i bought the carb off a member on here being assured that it was set up for 20psi and had a full rebuild etc am sorry but it just hasnt at all the jets were totally wrong eg main jet of 1mm air corrector is standard etc. overall though considering all that i think the car performed well and certainly will break 200bhp @ 20psi once fuelling is sorted.

so the plan is to sort the carb out totally strip it re jet it where required and re new any bits in it that we can. now i know you can get idle valves and mixture screws from cgb or ktec but where can i get an emulsion tube from??

obviously going to be fitting the aem wideband kit i have here so we can monitor things at all times and get the other 3 plasma gauges fitted. iv decided that my standard brakes are no longer going to cut it so want a 285mm brake upgrade fitting asap.

i cant stress enough how good the t28/t2.63 is that iv put on such a great power delivery and ill certainly be pushing it further than 20psi just to see its limits before changing the rear end to a .49 t25.
    i think were also going to look into some serious headwork including big valves etc and water injection as my goal is to run around 25-26psi (i know people say dont bother with headwork but justin does my work for next to nothing tbh so why not haha)
    engine spec now stands as follows

t28/t2.63
    285 cam/vernier
    pipercross viper induction kit mounted behind the grille
    cosworth 2wd intercooler
    bb tuning ported head
    2.5" downpipe
    enlarged turbo elbow
    scorpion system
    standard exhaust/inlet manifold
    well im with you all the way with this one fella. got to fit afr gage and sort the carb out. gutted it bottomed out of fuel as pip said it would of flow past the 200 mark if fuel was spot on. and like you seen it was only boosting at 17psi. to me its all a learning curve.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Juto will have an innovate lm-1 very soon. So were all good.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

vid of my car on wgt dyno sat 19th march

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtUuQWJv850

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys my gearbox finally decided to let go last sunday but iv managed sort another one out with the help of a member off here

so i shall be picking that up this coming sunday, then whilst box is out ill fit the new clutch pivot bush i bought from gtt spares.

all the plasma gauges are being fitted and most importantly the aem wideband kit so were going get this carb set up bang on

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys lots been going on recently i bought my new gearbox last weekend and dropped it off down at automedics my engine is now out and we have decided to alter a few things

firstly were going to town on the head and porting it to the max with multi angle seats etc and also porting the inlet manifold

second whilst the box is out we sent my flywheel to be lightened which i get back today ill report back on official weight but its meant to be around 4kg

then onto the biggest news my car is going be the official demo car for automedics (am motorsport) so will be at lots of shows, 1/4 mile days, track days etc and the plans that are set for it are rather impressive and with it being a demo car i get the work done very cheap.

few things that are upcoming are a complete respray including engine out and inside the bay done with any holes that aint needed filled in etc, anything that can be renewed will be eg brake servo, brake master cylinder header tank etc. also the wiring loom will be altered so anything thats not needed will go.
    engine wise were thinking of moving battery to the boot and fitting aem water injection. an external wastegate will be added and a possible change of turbo spec using my existing one and upgrading the front wheel to a t34 mated to a .49 t25 ex housing with around 30psi put through it. oh and of course a big brake upgrade as the standard ones aint really up to much after standard boost lol
    these are all only a few things that were going to be doing so watch this space for one cracking project

Post Thanks / Like

Are you not going to let wgt fit the efi setup on this one anymore dude ?, always presumed it was going to be a demo car for them.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No mate i cant go through with that as its alot of outlay all in one hit and i dont think the other half would be to impressed especially as i spent alot of our holiday fund on my van etc lol. The offer is there for anyone who wants take them up on it as the first one is done at cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Blunty, this thread is rubbish without continual pics

Sounds exciting all this stuff, I want to see it, get that camera out

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok mate ill try get down the garage more taking some pics. The bodywork is going be done over the winter as it will be off the road then anyway so there will be plenty of pics

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

been down to am motorsport on my way home from work tonight i now have a lightened/balanced flywheel for the small cost of £50.
    justin is looking to crack on with my car next week. he informed me that anything that can be polished in the engine bay is going to be done which i wont argue with and also hes going to port my inlet manifold whilst its off. there is going to be plenty of pics of the headwork etc

iv also decided to buy one of the tubular manifolds from the group buy purely so i can do a back to back test with them against a standard one am not to bothered with regards to big power gains more bothered with spool up?throttle response etc

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

picked my tubular manifold up from clee on friday morning looks a decent bit of kit will be interesting to see if it makes any difference in the back to back tests we will be doing

should have my car back in a week or 2

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

my new much needed investment ktec big brake conversion £82 all in not bad at all

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_500wt_715

and also have treated the car to a new header tank and cap

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_500wt_715

Post Thanks / Like

Loving this thread a very nicely modified 5. But whats with the wonkey headlight if you dont mind me askin?

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

lol i cant seem get the bloody things to sit right not sure if anyone has any tips on this ?

couple of updates for you all

received the ktec big brakes and new header tank last week

should help me stop better and that header tank will tidy up the engine bay as mine was tatty as you can see from pics

popped into am motorsport tonight on route back from work things are looking good and the head is looking sound, couldnt believe how shoddy the bb tuning head was seemed like a friday afternoon special haha.
    had a good chat whilst i was there and it looks like ill be getting fibreglass panels sometime prob over the winter

panels which we are looking at doing are, bonnet,boot,doors,front wings and roof

best thing is both my doors aint the best and my bonnet is rather shot so its ideal really

Turn The Log tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think they'd be interested in doing any more panels?

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i could always ask mate cant see why not and might even be able organise a discounted group guy?

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

few updates for you all cant say how happy i am with the headwork and inlet work thats been done by justin at am motorsport

before bb tuning poor work head

after am motorsport bw head

had alot of work done to it also the inlet has been really ported out and also had the exterior flatted down and mirror polished ill get pics asap. also taken the opportunity to clean all the samco hoses whilst all off the car they have come up really well and look like new

will be getting car back this week with a bit of hope we did find that it needs a new passenger side wheel bearing so one of them will be going on

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

engine is now all built back up with the tubular manifold fitted just a case of dropping it in the bay now and then the fun begins,

not the best of pics but you get the idea

also replaced front passenger wheel bearing only to find the the inner spigot is worn out and cant be used so in process of getting one from gt turbo spares, and iv got get another 2mm needle valve as mr german ebay fella sent me the wrong one
    Last edited by BluntyR5GTT; 17-05-2011 at 17:54.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

iv also decided to replace both ball joints and track rod ends whilst we have the front hubs off would be rude not to really

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

hope your all well guys and getting the final touches done on your cars ready for national day

i was on phone to justin last night for around 45mins and fingers crossed my car will be done for weds evening i really cant wait to see what its like after a big load of headwork and inlet porting plus the tubular manifold just to see if its made any difference especially to response, finally got the right 2mm carb needle from german ebay fella so this should help get the fuelling bang on for 22psi

hopefully will see over 200bhp on the wgt dyno in july then it will be a case of getting a t25 wheel machined in the .63 ex housing to gain a few more ponies

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well guys

ITS ALIVE
    sounded really healthy should all be ready tomorrow fingers crossed.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

took a couple of quick pics of the engine bay earlier on really close to being done now

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE

iv now got my car back and my god is it a different beast to when it went on the last dyno day, fuelling is set up absolutely bang on sounds healthy as anything, and also left a certain subapoo driver with egg on his face about half hour ago

so now tomorrow ill be spending all day cleaning it making it look good ready for national day next sat

Post Thanks / Like

so what did it make after the fueling was setup?

Post Thanks / Like

engine bay looks really good dude, question is i guess how come was it running lean before dispite being setup by justin ?.

Either way , look forward to seeing it next weekend

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasnt set up last time he didnt even want me run it as we had bodge the carb together as the one i bought was no good.
    Now with time etc its bang on

adey did u mean power or afr?
    Last edited by BluntyR5GTT; 30-05-2011 at 07:41.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah power, you were aiming for 200?

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Will find that out on july 23rd at the dyno day iv organised.vi will say it feels alot qucker than it did at 178bhp and am running 3psi less atm.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys am absolutely loving the car atm got a little tweak of the carb to do today as in 4th and especially 5th its going lean on full boost 13-14afr

carb atm is standard main,2mm needle,1.2mm 2nd stage and 100 air corrector so am thinking either 1.3mm 2nd stage or 0.9 a/c might solve this

gave the car a full valet inside and out yesterday i was really pleased with how the carpet/seats etc come up used ag interior shampoo couldnt believe how well it cleaned everything.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thursday evenings plan will be to drill out 2nd stage to 1.3 and reduce a/c to 0.9. also fitting a new uj for the steering wheel as mine has a bit of play in it

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

quick pic

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got a few pics yesterday they aint the best but you get the idea, these were all taken before i put the ag extra gloss protection on

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well guys had a good day out at the national day was good to finally give my car a pretty decent run out 130 mile round trip it performed brilliant didnt miss a beat and used half tank of fuel had a few there and back my god it bloody flies hehe.
    couldnt believe my eyes on the way back as something appeared in my rear view mirror which was only a jag xj220 how big are them things

took a quick pic of my car at mallory

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

And the spending starts again lol. Bought a piar of poly top mounts and about to invest in a full polybush set think the car will need them as its going get some track action hopefully sooner rather than later.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

got a few little updates

fuelling is now spot on were running around 22-24psi (my boost gauge only goes up to 20 lol) need get a new un the gauges i bought off egay are pathetic

spec of carb is
    125 main
    1.3mm 2nd stage
    0.9 air corrector
    2mm needle
    standard venturi

afrs are brilliant and this time at the dyno day will have no probs doing 3 good runs .

bought a set of braided brake hoses a while back and forgot id got them haha so going get them fitted within the next 2 weeks, also had to get another uj for my steering wheel as mine had play in it again that will be fitted asap.
    Got a noise coming from rear drivers side when braking so im thinking maybe wheel bearing? as the discs and pads are only about 3k old.
    all in all am absolutely loving the car atm and cant wait to see what power it produces on 23rd july as after that the .63 t2 rear will be getting machined to take a t25 turbine wheel more power

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well my car is now back at its 2nd home (am motorsport) for 2 weeks as im away for a bit so id prefer it down there where its safe, also gives us chance sort the rear bearing etc

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

got a few pics of my car from earlier all nice and shiny

used poorboys black hole glaze and dodo juice supernatural hybrid can say the combination beats ag srp and ag hd wax by quite a bit. sorry bout pic quality light is rather poor, good old british summertime eh lol

as you can se it rained whilst i was doing this luckily id just finished my last panel on the car.

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well as a few of you know i didnt run my car at the dyno yesterday wasnt too happy about it but ill hopefully be up there this coming sat or the following sat to get it on the dyno.

few little things i wanna do rather soon are as follows
    uprated brake pads (prob ds2000)
    fit my braided brake hoses
    fit a full polybush set

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

not much going on with my car atm just enjoying it really, was hoping stick it on wgt hub dyno this saturday but iv now got my collectors area tickets for world series renault so saturday looks likely to be spent giving the car a good valet inside and out.

for anyone interested the products i use when giving the car a decent valet are as follows

exterior
    meguiars clay bar kit
    meguiars gold class shampoo
    auto glym high definition paint cleanser
    poorboys black hole show glaze
    dodo juice supernatural hybrid wax/sealant
    meguiars nxt glass cleaner
    auto glym bumper care
    auto glym metal polish (exhaust and engine parts)

wheels
    auto glym clean wheels
    auto glym ultra deep shine polish
    auto glym foaming tyre dressing

interior
    auto glym interior shampoo
    meguiars suprime shine protectant
    auto glym odour eliminator
    magic tree black ice air freshener

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

few pics of my car yesterday at world series renault

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

just received my new induction kit to replace the pipercross viper (now for sale). ramair kit bought brand new direct from them £40 which i think aint too bad

Turn The Log tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Ramair for mine, fantastic value!

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Defo agree with you there mate i just wanna try it see if it flows better than the viper

Committee Member
    Post Thanks / Like

finally got my car booked in for a session on the rolling road next weekend ideally i wanted to go to wgt on there hub dyno, but instead am off to psi tuning in stoke as im working next weekend so can just about get away with nipping off for half hour to psi.