Post Thanks / Like

Saxo engine conversion?

I've join the saxperince and ssc thinking they would be as helpful as the Rtoc club and there really not, so here goes...
    Just wondering if you could fit any better engines in the front of a saxo. I've seen the vtec in the boot and the gti6 up front but nothin like the Rtoc guys do with Clio sport and vag lumps in 5s. They all seem happy with the 1.6 8v and 16v

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saxo engine conversion?

They stick with the 16v as its a bloody good engine and responds to tuning really well. I once went in a saxo on throttle.bodies which went really well also a mate did a low.boost turbo conversion on one and that was a weapon.
    Gti6 engine would be a good engine to drop in other engines i suppose its like anything how deep are your pockets.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Saxo engine conversion?

haha saxperiance and 106 owners club are hopeless dude, mostly young kids or jumped or ****s.

Basically the 106 uses the tu spec engine , the gti6 is an xu spec engine, i think you willl therefore have to fabricate a top engine mount however theres plenty of room to play with so not difficult.. gti6 is the way i would go, strong powerfull engine, then if you want more ponies supercharge it.. simples