Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New member :)

First post!

hya every 1 me names Warren and have bin looking around the site and there is alot of infomation wich i will need as i am in the middle ov a renault 5 project , well i say in the middle haha its my first project car so hopefully it all goes well

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New member :)

Hey good luck with the project. Its as much about building these cars as driving them

Post Thanks / Like

welcome dude...the amount of info/knowledge on this site is incredible!! nothing like a good project, get some pics up

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, I'm on my first Renault project too... this site is the best for advice and assistance

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thanks alot lads , i have put sum photos up sumwere lol need abit of time to get use to the site before i start hammerin pics and stuff on here

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club mate, I've put a link to your pictures on your profile below:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=1259

I remember seeing this car advertised about 6 months ago, a friend of mine was very tempted by it, looks like a good one. What have you done to it since owning it?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

hya mate it was me that put the car up for sale but then cuddent part with it but a few months after keepin it the turbo blew and started gettin alot of problems so now decided for a conversion.

At the minute iv just dropped the engine out and sanded down all the arches and engine bay and cut out the rust ( ov wot there was ) all ready for spraying, then i will be looking around on the forum to see wot engine is the best for my conversion, im thinkin of the williams or 172 but not to sure yet as iv got alot to do before choosing a engine

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one, sounds interesting. IMO you have to but a turbo lump back in, otherwise the badge on the back is lying! i hear real good things about the Volvo lump, Andyhot near me has done a conversion recently and Philg is happy with his. If my engine let go in a big way it would be my next move.

I get the impression the 2.0 NA lumps take the fun out the car.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

haha yeh defo gettin it turbod just love the sound of the chatterin wastgate

not to sure on the engine yet like i said me car is in bits lol neva thought of rippin it all apart bit late for that now, just wish i had a garage so i could work on it in all weathers.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club Wozzer.. looks like you're well underway, I'm also on my first renault project and so far it's lasted 7 years

I would personally stick with the 1.4 turbo, I've been running a 172 in mine for about 2 years do get me wrong it goes well but it has cost me more that what it would have cost to have an absolute corker of a 1.4t engine ...maybe if I have absolutely no problems this year I'll change my mind

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

7 years hope mine dosent take this long haha

iv not even started with wich engine im choosin yet, iv got loads of work 2 do before that.

anyway THANKS EVERY 1 for welcomin me to the forum shud be able to get alot advice and hopefull be able to complete me convertion

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, and good luck with your project

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate i will need it as iv neva done anything like this before hahah
    got all the time in the world so gna try make a proper job out ov it

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wozzer View Post
    First post!

hya every 1 me names Warren and have bin looking around the site and there is alot of infomation wich i will need as i am in the middle ov a renault 5 project , well i say in the middle haha its my first project car so hopefully it all goes well
    Hi mate welcome to the club and good luck with the project

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome mate, i remember my first 5 many years ago and that was a challenge in keeping it on the road. Well time has moved on and i'm on no 8 now and those my ethusiam has slowed you can't beat the feeling of 5 on the road. So good luck mate

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the club mate, what plans you got for your project

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

hya mate erm not to sure about the engine yet but just sanded all the engine bay down and got rid ov the small amount ov rust that i found on the sills, im thinkin about the f7p engine but then turbo in it, but not really look at the work involved yet so could change me mind. I was gna buy an xr2 but then decided it would be betta to have a minter ov a r5, even no it broke alot i still enjoy and love drivin them.