Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Snow reports....?

After watching "the only way is Essex" are you surprised you got left out haha.

Post Thanks / Like

My 5 on the drive last night & then again this morning, & my back garden this morning...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

ive been using my r5 in it daily, touch wood its been fine, however the eagle f1's on teh front seem a little useless in the snow.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sunny Henfield about 40 mins ago, no pic of the 5 as tucked away nicely in the garage

Up until today I have been getting to work in the zafira but the zaf has now been blocked in by 2 cars whom I have no idea whom own them as there none of my neighbours
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James5; 02-12-2010 at 10:32.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    After watching "the only way is Essex" are you surprised you got left out haha.
    ha ha had J tell me about that, flicked over to that channel, its annoying hearing the voices on the streets but on a tv programme wtf does anyone want to hear them talking like that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    That's pretty warm compared to some areas up in Scotland isn't it? The weather reports earlier were saying that some areas could have an air temp' of -25 tomorrow night. God knows what the wind chill will be

now they have frozen water pipes

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I made an effective snow cannon out of the works pressure washer...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt5 View Post
    I made an effective snow cannon out of the works pressure washer...

sounds like fun

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard of this?

AS OF TOMORROW ANY VEHICLE/CAR DRIVING AROUND WITH SNOW ON THE ROOF THE DRIVER IS LIABLE FOR A £60 FINE AND 3 POINTS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post

AS OF TOMORROW ANY VEHICLE/CAR DRIVING AROUND WITH SNOW ON THE ROOF THE DRIVER IS LIABLE FOR A £60 FINE AND 3 POINTS

When we had all the snow earlier on this year, the OB were pulling people over by my work and fining them.

Post Thanks / Like

fascists

Post Thanks / Like

As if things aren't bad enough for people

When we had all the snow earlier on this year, the OB were pulling people over by my work and fining them.

Post Thanks / Like

It's common sense. If the snow on your roof falls on to your windscreen at a junction or falls off and hits someone elses car and causes an accident who will be to blame....YOU! I can't believe some of the drivers on the news with a foot of snow on their roof's.
    Last edited by Sy5GTT; 02-12-2010 at 12:27.

Post Thanks / Like

the thing that gets me is the amount of cars i see around my way were they haven't bothered to clear the windows and try to drive down the road looking through a small gap at the bottom of the screen just like a tank driver

Post Thanks / Like

But they also say you cant leave your car running when nobody is in the car. So if your stuck in a traffic jam, do you have to turn off the engine, climb out and sweep the roof just as your about to move incase something falls off

Post Thanks / Like

I live near Rayleigh in Essex, about 6 miles west of Southend. It's been snowing since Monday night, in some places it's a foot deep. I live in a cul-de-sac and that's had no salt or any attempt to be scraped and cleaned of snow since the start. The main roads have had grit and they're brown and slushy but to get to the main road from where i live it hasn't been touched. The Clio is covered in a foot of snow on the roof

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post

jokers anything to get money out of a driver what is the police playing at

Post Thanks / Like

I say fair play - It's about time something was done

There's been plenty of times I've been following someone, and a feckin lump of snow the size of a small country flies off their roof, and into my car. Then, as Ray said, you've got the bellends who think that clearing a tiny square of snow off of the windscreen, just so they can see where they're going, is absolutely fine - Ignoring the side windows, rear window, headlights, tail lights, the lot

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There's been plenty of times I've been following someone, and a feckin lump of snow the size of a small country flies off their roof, and into my car. Then, as Ray said, you've got the bellends who think that clearing a tiny square of snow off of the windscreen, just so they can see where they're going, is absolutely fine - Ignoring the side windows, rear window, headlights, tail lights, the lot
    then but if i have a hi top van and i cant reach the top to take the snow off and it gets 5 inchs on the top but that ok to leave that tho cos its a van yes or even a lorry what a load of rubbish dont see van or lorry drivers cleaning it off do you and the police dont do **** about them do they

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raider_gtt View Post
    then but if i have a hi top van and i cant reach the top to take the snow off and it gets 5 inchs on the top but that ok to leave that tho cos its a van yes or even a lorry what a load of rubbish dont see van or lorry drivers cleaning it off do you and the police dont do **** about them do they

its all one sided anything to get money our of a motorist
    sounds like to me !

Post Thanks / Like

1.There's been plenty of times I've been following someone, and a feckin lump of snow the size of a small country flies off their roof, and into my car. 2.Then, as Ray said, you've got the bellends who think that clearing a tiny square of snow off of the windscreen, just so they can see where they're going, is absolutely fine - Ignoring the side windows, rear window, headlights, tail lights, the lot
    1.Fair enough now it's been explained like that, I can understand it, TBH its not something I actually thought about, & I bet not alot of other think about clearing the roof either...
    2. Thats just totally mental

Post Thanks / Like

Then they shouldn't be used on the road! To be honest though, I don't recall seeing that many lorries with piles of snow on top - Most of them are kept in depots. The vast majority of van roofs can be reached with the use of brooms, ladders etc....

How would you feel if you were driving your car, and a huge chunk of snow fell off the vehicle infront, causing you to crash into someone/something? I'm sure you'd be kicking off!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

We had another dumping of snow last night, and STILL there's been no gritters. Even the M25 hasn't been gritted round my way

same here at jun 3 on the m25 sill no gritters no wonder people cant get to work
    useless as nomal ho get the news we are better prepard than last year right o NOT

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Then they shouldn't be used on the road! To be honest though, I don't recall seeing that many lorries with piles of snow on top - Most of them are kept in depots. The vast majority of van roofs can be reached with the use of brooms, ladders etc....

How would you feel if you were driving your car, and a huge chunk of snow fell off the vehicle infront, causing you to crash into someone/something? I'm sure you'd be kicking off!
    no as i wouldnt be up the ass of the car or what ever in front of me and you are ment to make sure you have room in order to stop at any time for what ever resion that comes up ! if you crash then its due to going to fast or tailgateing the car or what ever is in front of you highway code tells you this make sure there is loads of room in order for you to stop safely at all times

Post Thanks / Like

no as i wouldnt be up the ass of the car or what ever in front of me and you are ment to make sure you have room in order to stop at any time for what ever resion that comes up !
    I thought you'd come up with a reply like that. Fair comment, but then you don't have to be sitting up the back bumper of the car in front. How about a car coming towards you on a bend, as they turn, a chunk of snow flies off their roof and into you? You're completely helpless, as the car's alongside you

Post Thanks / Like

been snowing here all day and -6.5 ,it was -9 yeasterday

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought you'd come up with a reply like that. Fair comment, but then you don't have to be sitting up the back bumper of the car in front. How about a car coming towards you on a bend, as they turn, a chunk of snow flies off their roof and into you? You're completely helpless, as the car's alongside you

no its no diffant if there is a lump of snow that is come off from a tunnal mate its all about speed you shouldnt be going to fast in order that you cant stop safely if you aint going fast then it shouldnt be a problem in stoping and cleaning it off your car
    thats if your car get the snow on it that is as it would brake up unless ice is in the snow which would make it even heaver
    Last edited by raider_gtt; 02-12-2010 at 18:58.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

the other thing if this did happen then they would have to be going some speed in order for it to fly over to your car as snow is not light as a block so it would hit the floor before hiting your car as i said unless you are to close to them which you shouldnt be due to them or you slideing or loseing control of your car due to snow or ice

Post Thanks / Like

Calm down girls....! Stop spoiling the thread....Moan somewhere else. Like via pm's....?

Post Thanks / Like

no its no diffant if there is a lump of snow that is come off from a tunnal mate its all about speed you shouldnt be going to fast in order that you cant stop safely if you aint going fast then it shouldnt be a problem in stoping and cleaning it off you car

You can be doing 20mph round a bend. If a car that's less than a couple of metres from the side of you chucks a sudden chunk of snow at you, you've not got time to react!

OK then - How about if someone rear ends you because they haven't cleared the snow off of their car, and can't see properly?

Post Thanks / Like

Calm down girls....! Stop spoiling the thread....
    I'm calm as a cucumber, you cucumber

We're just discussing an issue to do with the snow, which I'm sure is what this thread is about

Post Thanks / Like

But what happens if the ice from your roof falls onto your own windscreen and you can't see anything doing 50mph+?!

How hard is it to clear it off your roof anyway? There's no excuse really bar laziness

Post Thanks / Like

the other thing if this did happen then they would have to be going some speed in order for it to fly over to your car
    Not really. Snow is ice, car bodies are made of metal. Ice can slide across a smooth metal surface pretty easily once it's been loosened, which a constant stream of wind, and a bit of heat from the inside, can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Overnight we had roughly 4-5 inches of snow down here in Poole, loads of idiots on the road tailgating peering out of tiny holes in the windscreen. so glad I have a proper diff in the German barge.

Post Thanks / Like

its law in Germany that you must remove the snow and ice off your vehicle espeacally hgv`s befor you drive anywhere thats the roof also not just the windows at any speed as people have been killed after gettin their windscreen smashed in by it , though its not gona happen goin low speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go again as some parts of the country grind to a halt.
    Who has some?
    Who doesn't have some?
    Who is loving it or hating it? (Jessop in the GT obviously due to the pics)

Matt5
    Nope, I can't see where it says 'moan'.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You can be doing 20mph round a bend. If a car that's less than a couple of metres from the side of you chucks a sudden chunk of snow at you, you've not got time to react!

OK then - How about if someone rear ends you because they haven't cleared the snow off of their car, and can't see properly?
    dont matter you speck to any insur comany and they will tell you if someone hits the back of your car it is the car behinds fault no matter what or who is at fault i have had this myself not so long ago as my insur comany will not fight it mate even if it was not you at fault for hitting the back of other car,all you will get is that you was speeding or that you was to close to the car in front and should have made room in order to stop in time the other thing its hard to prov that the snow come off there car in order to make a claim all that will happen is the other driver will say is that you was speeding and thats y you hit the back of him end off you havent got a leg to stand on easy pay out here you come ££££
    Last edited by raider_gtt; 02-12-2010 at 19:29.

Post Thanks / Like

UTTER ****e

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I can't see where it says 'moan'.

So you're expecting one word answers to your questions, and people aren't allowed to elaborate/discuss, on a discussion forum?

Go play in the snow or something!

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter how insurance would treat it, I'd rather not be involved in an accident at all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

dont matter you speck to any insur comany and they will tell you if someone hits the back of your car it is the car behinds fault no matter what or who is at fault
    Yep

I'd still rather not be hit at all though. I don't want someone writing my car off, no matter how much their fault it is

Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D4WNO View Post
    It doesn't matter how insurance would treat it, I'd rather not be involved in an accident at all?!

no one does thats y its called a accident

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr white View Post

mummy loves it i bet she wishs her old mans was that big

Post Thanks / Like

So you're expecting one word answers to your questions, and people aren't allowed to elaborate/discuss, on a discussion forum?

Go play in the snow or something!

Sometimes one word answers for some people would work best...?

I for one, are in the 'like' the snow section.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes one word answers for some people would work best...?

I for one, are in the 'like' the snow section.
    Only if they're one syllable.....

Maybe you should have made this a poll

Post Thanks / Like

Looks that way now.....Hindsight is a great thing isn't it?
    Wasn't expecting people to gas on about stupid laws and sh1te I suppose.....good ole RTOC.
    'Ho Ho Ho' merry grumbles everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

no one does thats y its called a accident
    this will make you laugh, at work we are not allowed to call them road accidents anymore! they get called road traffic collisions, because if we call them accident it implies that no-one is to blame whereas in a collision, someone is always to blame.......apparently (insurance has always gotta blame someone).......personally think its boll*cks

and to add to this i was hit by a snowball about the size of a football whilst travelling up the A3 today, three lads were chucking them at on coming traffic on the motorway thinking it was funny as hell and as i only caught sight of what they were doing at the last minute i almost put the van into the armco when it exploded on the windscreen. just glad there wasnt any bits of grit or stones in it or i could have been in big trouble. little tinkers