Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ph1/ph2

First post!

what year did the PH 2 come in and is the raider a seperate addition

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ph1/ph2

I take it you are refering to the 5GTT ?? If so, ph2`s took over from the ph1`s in 1988, and ran up untill 1991. The raider was identical to the standard ph2, other than colour coding

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    I take it you are refering to the 5GTT ?? If so, ph2`s took over from the ph1`s in 1988, and ran up untill 1991. The raider was identical to the standard ph2, other than colour coding
    i think you need to say they didn't have twin turbos, more bhp, and aren't rare like a good old phase 1 rocking some oe bumpers and decals..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Thanks KRIS sorry yea a 5 GTT just Info is limited on them with out being a full member and I'm trying to get as much info on them as possible before i decide to buy or not

Post Thanks / Like

Best bit of advice i can say is just be careful about what car you look at and buy if you decide to get one, there's a few people out there that claim alot of things there car does that it clearly wouldn't and have been poorly tuned/repaired.

If you wanted to, if you see a car you like link it on here and we could give abit of advice on it.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    i think you need to say they didn't have twin turbos, more bhp, and aren't rare like a good old phase 1 rocking some oe bumpers and decals..
    like this you mean.....https://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php...ictureid=13166

...raiders are so common..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Best bit of advice i can say is just be careful about what car you look at and buy if you decide to get one, there's a few people out there that claim alot of things there car does that it clearly wouldn't and have been poorly tuned/repaired.

If you wanted to, if you see a car you like link it on here and we could give abit of advice on it.
    Thanks and as I've had a wide verity of cars over the years so i know what you mean with claims of 1000's of BHP with just a Induction Kit. from what research I've done so far the main thing which seems to go is turbo and head gasket, so I'm assuming first thing to do would be a bigger or twin core radiator? and maybe just maybe the odd hole descretly near the front to help disperse abit of heat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gwtaylor View Post

Thanks and as I've had a wide verity of cars over the years so i know what you mean with claims of 1000's of BHP with just a Induction Kit. from what research I've done so far the main thing which seems to go is turbo and head gasket, so I'm assuming first thing to do would be a bigger or twin core radiator? and maybe just maybe the odd hole descretly near the front to help disperse abit of heat
    They only have cooling problems because owners don't look after them or if they have a prob some seem to want to bodge them together again.

A standard cooling system is well up to the job even on a tuned engined.

Gaskets go down to poor cooling system of more commonly poorly tuned carbs, if everything is spot on you shouldn't be having any problems.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good think I may be starting my search for a white PH2 then

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know where there is a LHD rear engined 5 in Malta it's been stood in same spot for 10 years as i see it evry 2 years and the dust is so thick on it i wront a date on it 4 years ago and it's still there it's white in colour. I did ask abot owner but nobody knows about the car or owner might have to take a trip over with a trailer or is that cheeky as fook?

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know where there is a LHD rear engined 5 in Malta it's been stood in same spot for 10 years as i see it evry 2 years and the dust is so thick on it i wront a date on it 4 years ago and it's still there it's white in colour. I did ask abot owner but nobody knows about the car or owner might have to take a trip over with a trailer or is that cheeky as fook?
    No , but asking for advice without paying the full membership fee may be....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    No , but asking for advice without paying the full membership fee may be....
    ....so where were we.....white phase 2,there ok.....raiders have more power tho...

Post Thanks / Like

Im from malta to dude and i now the 5 your talking if i was you i don't go near it if you don't like some one screaming at you i will shot you next time and if you looking in a 5 gtt in malta will be hard to find one and will be over priced all the good ones the 6 i now to tell you the true are in good hands and owners want sell them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielmk323 View Post
    Im from malta to dude and i now the 5 your talking if i was you i don't go near it if you don't like some one screaming at you i will shot you next time and if you looking in a 5 gtt in malta will be hard to find one and will be over priced all the good ones the 6 i now to tell you the true are in good hands and owners want sell them
    The Malta mafia massif. Don't mess with them.

Mind you, I can't blame him/them. Putting up that you might just go and steal it is well out of line.

I would have said join the club and buy a good car based on the sound advice of the membership base here, but we don't want a pikey thief in the ranks.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    The Malta mafia massif. Don't mess with them.

Mind you, I can't blame him/them. Putting up that you might just go and steal it is well out of line.

I would have said join the club and buy a good car based on the sound advice of the membership base here, but we don't want a pikey thief in the ranks.
    Yea I'm going to join the club as I have enough info on them to warrent buying one now.
    Should of worded it alot better didnt mean to say just turn up and take it was going to get alot more info on it see if it did have owners but it now does so no i won't be going to "steal" it and i apollogise as how it may of sounded as i'm far from a thief and a pikey

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    in the ranks.
    Didn’t realise it was a political movement

Post Thanks / Like

Didn’t realise it was a political movement