Post Thanks / Like

please help

guys i need some help in liverpool with the 5 looking over it and the accelerator cable is long enough to go round the world twice!!! the clutch is the same and seriously lazy can somebody come over to help i will pay cold hard cash!!! i just need it doing by sunday.

please help me i dont know what else i can do the garage round mine wont touch it because he says there very tempermental engines and even if he would your talkin a few hundred for the pleasure.

oh and the misses make a spot on cup of tea
    the last thing i want todo is sell it but i might have to if i cant get it done the misses will go mental if it stays on the drive any longer.

thank you folks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: please help

i feel for you mate i really do. i live in leicester so to far for me mate. But if you could get the car down to stoke my mate justin at automedics motorsport will sort ur car out for you. And get the misses off ur back. Give him a call on 01782744014 hes a top bloke and knows everything about 5s. and he dont charge the earth. good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mate but thats abit far i dont have a car with a towbar anymore so cant get it there. cant afford to get it trailered either so fingers still crossed for a local mamber.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbie506 View Post
    guys i need some help in liverpool with the 5 looking over it and the accelerator cable is long enough to go round the world twice!!! the clutch is the same and seriously lazy can somebody come over to help i will pay cold hard cash!!! i just need it doing by sunday.

please help me i dont know what else i can do the garage round mine wont touch it because he says there very tempermental engines and even if he would your talkin a few hundred for the pleasure.

oh and the misses make a spot on cup of tea
    the last thing i want todo is sell it but i might have to if i cant get it done the misses will go mental if it stays on the drive any longer.

thank you folks

do the electrical connector mod on the accel cable that should take the slack up and is the clutch engaging or not? if you need to pack it out you can use some big washers on the clutch arm just cut a slot in them so they can slide over the cable

Post Thanks / Like

im going to have a good go at doing this tonight.

thank you for the advice so far guys anymore would be greatley appricated. any pictures anybody has would be spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

spot on with them now i know i have a spring missing aswell

Post Thanks / Like

you can use a spring off your indicators off the front if your stuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IANMM View Post
    you can use a spring off your indicators off the front if your stuck

nice

sorted quite excited about doing this now i want it done.

Post Thanks / Like

i had a look through it last night still no go on the clutch but the accelerator is done garage picks it up at 1 hopefuly pick it up friday morning thanks for the pictures and advice if i had more time i would do it myself but no choice but to spend the money no but at least it will be on the road again.

Post Thanks / Like

clutch is done waiting for the mechanic to show i thought i woulld have anoother look. and saw a jubliee clip hiding round the back of the cable kinda gap filling took this out and it made the clutch non existant pedal went straight to the floor. so i got some old washers groung out a gap in the side fitted them onto the cable and it works great needs a couple more to be perfect. so im going to get a new cable as this one on it must be the wrong one or has been stretched somehow. but its working now im so happy .

Post Thanks / Like

good work my man

Post Thanks / Like

i did the same as IANMM with my universal cable except mine was to fit the b18ft, good idea using then electrical connectors.
    Last edited by REGGY5GT; 30-09-2010 at 11:42.

Post Thanks / Like

cable snaped

was half expecting something to go wrong so its now getting a new one fitted today.