Post Thanks / Like

any one in BFG

Hi all is there anyone else on here in or around the BFG (British Forces Germany) area ??

I have spotted one R5gtt outside the Bighoues in JHQ about 2 -3 years ago but since then not one , , if there is a few of us then maybe a meet up could be organised ?.
    Cheers - Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Re: any one in BFG

or any civvy Germans ????

Post Thanks / Like

all on my own then , can i be my area rep ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    all on my own then , can i be my area rep ?

Post Thanks / Like

Not BFG anymore, was in ou lala's i mean honhe about 5 years ago, in the med regt then moved down to munster,
    Not in now though, I saw the light and got out and now i'm doing the same job for 3x as much money, Oh and i don't stag on or sleep in bushes. Result

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Not BFG anymore, was in ou lala's i mean honhe about 5 years ago, in the med regt then moved down to munster,
    Not in now though, I saw the light and got out and now i'm doing the same job for 3x as much money, Oh and i don't stag on or sleep in bushes. Result
    fair one.

oh there are 3 whore houses now oh lalas , candy club and another i cant remember, i went in one a while ago, we were there till about 0730 lol , i dont do whores as im married but it is all very funny givin them some abuse ,,
    it cost me 10 euro for a bottle of beer

Committee Member James_Surridge G1 5 GTT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man after my own heart!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    fair one.

oh there are 3 whore houses now oh lalas , candy club and another i cant remember, i went in one a while ago, we were there till about 0730 lol , i dont do whores as im married but it is all very funny givin them some abuse ,,
    it cost me 10 euro for a bottle of beer
    What job are you doing out there, Can't remember who is there now. I think the medics left didnt they, i was a driver, after germany i moved to 8 regt in catterick but got out not too long after that as someone sent me to the falklands for 6 months with 2 days notice (not a happy driver) Now i drive a petrol tanker for a certain company based in stanlow (ellesmere port) and don't once regret leaving

Post Thanks / Like

What job are you doing out there, Can't remember who is there now. I think the medics left didnt they, i was a driver, after germany i moved to 8 regt in catterick but got out not too long after that as someone sent me to the falklands for 6 months with 2 days notice (not a happy driver) Now i drive a petrol tanker for a certain company based in stanlow (ellesmere port) and don't once regret leaving
    Im a driver also m8 RLC , i drive the Bde Comd around in a mondeo lol.

pritty cushy job at times (went to Denmark the other day as he went sailing ,got a free night in a Hotel few beers etc ).

2 med regt are here now , along with 3RHA 32engr regt and 9/12th lancers.

how easy is it to get straight into a job driving fuel tankers ive got all the hazmat c, c+e licenses etc ,, i was driving 20000ltrs of fuel around iraq in an unarmoured foden back in 2004 gettin shot at ,
    not driven them at all sice though , i resat my hazmat test in 2008 .

seriously thinking about gettin away from this sh;t at my 12 year point.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...56622877691010

if any one in or around BFG area , join my fb group ,

Post Thanks / Like

how easy is it to get straight into a job driving fuel tankers ive got all the hazmat c, c+e licenses etc ,, i was driving 20000ltrs of fuel around iraq in an unarmoured foden back in 2004 gettin shot at ,
    not driven them at all sice though , i resat my hazmat test in 2008 .

seriously thinking about gettin away from this sh;t at my 12 year point.

Pretty much impossible tbh, as you have no driving experience, no taco experience, no customer experience, no driver cpc etc etc etc, belive me ive heard it all from everyone,
    Wouldnt really recomend going down the driving route, im sure all the people you work with now who have signed off are saying "Yeah yeah i'll earn loads of money driving" sure you can, but it involves 15hrs days and 4/5 night out inthe wagon a week. Ok its a grand a week (ADR Tanker jobs) but its alot of time away from home, and in that case you may as well just stay in the army. No nights out on the petrol tankers, but you have to get that job. I would start with the little oil companys 1st (GB oils, NWF, Watsons etc) then try and move up to Hoyers, BP Texaco etc. Not forgetting of course you have to live near a oil refinery.
    You could consider the chemical tannkers, but with the way our industry is now it could be hit or miss.

If you need help or advise PM no problem. i have loads of application forms and literatture