Post Thanks / Like

Shanghai, China silicone hoses

has many people used these before, im sure they use to be about £180 there now £135 i mite get some black hoses if people rate them. wonder how long it takes to receive them..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Super-...#ht_1603wt_909

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shanghai, China silicone hoses

i have fitted a set, few probems with them, but all in all good value, the problems i had was turbo water hose cracked on bend, think because of heat produced by turbo, so used a standard and also top water hose bleed nipple leaked but i sorted that. hope this helps, just watch out for over tightening bleed nipple as there not fixed into the pipe too well and if forced the seal leaks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got them ..all im saying is ..the bleed nipples leak on them ...so i have the standard hoses on with the bleed nipples and the rest is blue

Post Thanks / Like

On the bleed nipples just rap a small bit of ptfe tape on the thread, that should stop them seeping

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a set of these you won't beat them for value but like what's already been said watch the bleed nipples I had to tighten the bit the screw threads into but since then done 4k on them

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers for peoples opinions, I think most silicone hoses have crap bleed nipples, iv got a samco one on mine now, iv gypsy modded the rad hose with a rachet socket extender and Electrition tape because the bleed nipple totally fell apart, it's spot on lol il post a pic up tomorrow. Looks brutal but will do for now.

It seems like a decent price for the hoses

Post Thanks / Like

my samco top hose nipple has decided to give,going to send it back to samco..
    had a full set of silicone hoses am slowly going back to oe,think there way better than
    most of these bling hoses,until they can make some that are actually robust an last.
    for oe and....for silicone..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    my samco top hose nipple has decided to give,going to send it back to samco..
    had a full set of silicone hoses am slowly going back to oe,think there way better than
    most of these bling hoses,until they can make some that are actually robust an last.
    for oe and....for silicone..
    oe ftw. can you still get every oe hose/breather pipes etc? im wanting to de-bling the bay now and make it more oe street sleeper

Post Thanks / Like

im sure you can,mr krissy M got a set for his phase 1 so phase 2 should not be problematic.