Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

accelerator pump jet??

gave my carb a rebuild but now the idle is all over the place and cant get it to idle right just keeps bouncing from 1100rpm to about 1500rpm.i was wondering if the accelerator pump,where it has the spring and little nut on bottom of carb,how far in is the bolt ment to go against the spring??should it be wound right in or is there a certain distance?

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: accelerator pump jet??

you might need to clean it out again and blow through the jets etc again.. it takes a good few goes to get every last bit of craap out the carb..

if you can see down carb you can see if the acc jets squirting but thats response, not idle.. it'll bog down or stall if thats dribbling fuel rather than misting a good squirt..

have it apart again and give it another good clean, fire some brake cleaner into a few holes etc..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok,cheers mate.was going to wip it off again and go through it all again make sure iv done everything right and give it another good clean out.i knew as soon as i got the kit to do it that once i put it back on i bet something ant right just my luck

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

it always happens, its luck if you get it bang on the first time everytime.. if your feeling like really sorting the flow of clean fuel do the filter and why not open up the tank from under the rear bench, you'll find alot of sh1t builds up in there over the years..