Post Thanks / Like

pulling out of 2nd. creaky stearing wheel and starting issues.

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

hi guys just bought GT5 and has a few niggles for me to sort so here goes....

gearbox looks pretty clean oil is fine i think goes through all gears smooth no cruches or whines.... when i put it in second ocasionally it will pull out usually slow speed over a bump etc i have been told it may be a mount? i had a look the selector bar itself is quite loose and jiggly the gear lever is quite sloppy. i hope it is not the gearbox and was wondering if anyone could clarify how to find the cause and fix/eliminate the problem??

second i know its minore but steering wheel is real creaky think its just the plastic rubbing in the back of the wheel.... anyone had this put anything on to cure it??

third i know its maybe me and that i havent got the nack but could do with it clarifying... when the car is warm when i try start it it sometimes takes a while to turn over and get going should i give it any choke or throttle while starting when warm? what is the best method of starting when warm? seems to tick over low when i get it going and its warm until i have driven abit ?

thanks guys new to Renaults and keen to learn the right way to sort it as i love the car already.

Josh

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: pulling out of 2nd. creaky stearing wheel and starting issues.

Last edited by zinc; 17-07-2010 at 00:28.

Post Thanks / Like

check if the steering wheel has any movement up and down,there's 2 bearings on the column the top 1 wears out if not at the bottom of the column is a pinch bolt lossern it and pull steering wheel up to clear the plastic . as for the starting my's the same just keep turning it over i found the best

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

thanks mate needs a few tweeks i think the steering wheel is rubing on the plastic gunna have a day looking at it today thanks for help. any other info is apreciated.

thanks guys

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

hi mate,i had same problem with my gearbox,found out i was missing a spring!it goes under the car where the gear stick comes down and joins the rod,goes round there and onto a rubber pushin spring holder at goes into the floor plan.have a look mate see if its missing.you can get them from cgb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paulsurrey View Post
    hi mate,i had same problem with my gearbox,found out i was missing a spring!it goes under the car where the gear stick comes down and joins the rod,goes round there and onto a rubber pushin spring holder at goes into the floor plan.have a look mate see if its missing.you can get them from cgb
    my car has not had one of them in at least 6 years , never had a problem , i think it just stops your gear stick from being floppy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    my car has not had one of them in at least 6 years , never had a problem , i think it just stops your gear stick from being floppy

mines missing an it dont bother me no probs...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan y View Post
    me to. mines not had one for about 3years. and it changes gear with no problem and no pulling out. as for starting when warm they all take a while to turn over mines the same and its just had a service with new plugs. so dont worry to much about that.