Post Thanks / Like

anybody do aprenticeships?

ok, im currently working for marley eternit (building industry) but on the technical side so computers all day long.

Id love to learn a trade but im 22 (not far off 23) and id also like to look at moving out this year and getting house with my girlfriend, because of that im not sure if id manage on the aprenticeship wage.

Whats the best method of finding sparky aprenticeships and is there another way of gettnig the required qualifications etc?

Im pretty bright and have good practical skills, i dont think theres any cash in mechanics or car bodywork and i think a building trade would be the best career path for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: anybody do aprenticeships?

Hi

iv just came out of my apprenticeship (multi-skilled maintenance) at the begining of this year and as there where no jobs at the company i worked for so i got laid off.

finding a maintenance position with no post apprenticeship experiance is eye on impossible

as for wage i did mine when i was 17 so the wage was good (9k a year lol)

if you can get in with a decent company thats not going to **** you over the wage goes up every year and after 4 or 5 years your pretty much guaranteed 30k a year

edit: i started out in a training centre who found me a position with a company but the big companies i.e. nissan, shell, the council tend to do there own.