Post Thanks / Like

a couple of different questions

heres my 5 project, it was a non runner that ive got running (starter motor) i say its running but its still abit ruff around the edges for my liking..

whats this peice that is coming from the anti-percolating fan? it doesnt have any pipes coming away from it but i know this isnt the orriginal engine so perhaps its not needed for this year of engine type

and heres a bay picture.. quite messy, was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on tidying the engine bay up as at the moment its impossible to even check the dip stick.. also whats the options on silicon tubing do i have for water pipes? (keep sucking closed on top pipe) i found some on ebay for 170 pounds but wasnt sure if they were crap import copys.

also the turbo is a Garret AR 48 KTT.. does anyone have any information about them? ive the induction off and the bearings seem good with no side movement

its also got a gready digital boast controler.. but at the moment it only reads out minus boast though this is just on tick over.. the car has been stood for the last two years so could this just be the case of a couple of good stints up the roads?

cheeres for taking a look.. ollie
    Last edited by forest_of_turbo01; 07-05-2010 at 20:49.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a couple of different questions

Quote Originally Posted by forest_of_turbo01 View Post
    whats this peice that is coming from the anti-percolating fan? it doesnt have any pipes coming away from it but i know this isnt the orriginal engine so perhaps its not needed for this year of engine type
    It's the control solenoid for the anti-percolation fan. The outlet, that doesnt have anything currently connected to it, goes to an outlet on the standard boost hose. It has a socket on the underside of it for the wiring to plug into.

Get yourself a turbo heatshield bud

Post Thanks / Like

yea im after one at the moment, or im gonna fabricate one so i can re house the sensor for the antipercolating fan.. what type of boost hose, also i cant find the wiring for the solenoid part..? i'll have a good look tomoro in the day light.. cheeres

Post Thanks / Like

You need to have a serious tidy up of those hoses and wires dude. Looks like you might fry the tdc wire on the turbo if ya not careful

Post Thanks / Like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-5-GT-t...item2eac63ae84 is this a good price for 200?? it says there good for 170 C

or samco's for £340

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMCO-SILICONE...item4836add746

obviously im on abit of a budget but if people think samcos are far better then i would proberly get them as a good precaution.

Post Thanks / Like

How come cant you get the dipstick out? should be enough room.

The top hose will always suck shut until the thermostat opens mate, due to the design of the cooling system. Dont worry about it!

I wouldnt even buy the hoses unless yours are old & perished, unless you want bling. The ebay copy hoses are fine, just tighten up the bleed nipples on the hoses before fitting.

All id do in your engine bay is tidy up the wiring, bin the perc solenoid & tie wrap the tdc wire out the way of the turbo, jobs a good'en

Post Thanks / Like

ah i see.. thats why the pipe is sucking up, cheeres brigsy. I think i'll get new low temp thermostat then and i may still get a new set of hoes cause the one return pipe to the expansion/header tank is ballooned quite bad. Is samco really worth the money then or is it just bling??

does anyone know anything about my turbo, its a Garret AR 48 KTT, i cant find any information about it, would it be worth while to get in touch with garret to find more out about it??