Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: F1

trev - mmmm wonder how cheap flights are! and does anyone know if easyjet go that way

to be honest non of it is lewis' fault

its mainly Ron Dennis' fault! there's only one time in my eyes he's been good as a manager and thats when he had mika and that scotish oap, and it was easy for him as he had a excellent no 1 driver and an ideal no 2 driver who was happy to play 2nd fiddle!

prost and senna was a earthquake waiting to happen and well last year was just outright funny!

there comes a time if we want it or not that you've got to have the balls to say, you're number 1, your number 2 and you will both do as i say, even eddie jordan managed it!

lets just hope that Heki (sp) gets a faster car, or perhaps shared setup? so he can get up and help lewis! if not, well you're playing in the red cars favourite hol location!!!

to be honest, it would be nice to see Lewis win, and do it with a mature head! just a shame its in a silver car!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

trev mate your harsh bud, am i not entitled to my opinion, gods sake our country went to war over a bull *hit story about wmd's so i can have a little opinion on f1 which is boring and pants.

now i do like other racing i just dont like f1, as i said not enough cars, and no danger eliment anymore, yes i do want to see them earn there money and if it means crashing all the better lets not forget a little excitment never hurt, its a spectator sport.

and trev dont panick i'm due off in 2 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Moggs - Agreed mate, spot on.

Ross - Read my post, there's no issue with you having an opinion it's often what your opinions are based on that's the problem, and your attitude during the following discussion. Example: You've more or less just said you want to see them risk their lives in order to excite you and in the next breath say that a little excitement never hurt anyone.

The FIA regs earlier in this thread and the roll cage discussion are two more cases in point.

Post Thanks / Like

Andy Murray hates the English LOL

Hes openly admitted it the janky caaaaaaaaant!

Fair play, 2 masters titles is pretty good LOL

This morning' race was arguably the most boring, there was only ever going to be one result after the Mclaren showed how stupendously quick it was from the 1st free practice!!

Oh well, on to Brazil.

Best bit was the Renny powering past Kova'whathisface on the 1st/2nd lap...POWWWWEEEEERRRRRRR

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, i'll go with the media. It'll be good to see an English man win the championship, especially after 12 years. He's immature, but so am I, and i'm the same age.

Racing nowadays isn't based on a car that can do reckless speeds without ensuring the driver won't be hurt in a collision, that's just plain stupid. The last big accident I remember was Schumacher when he broke both his legs, and he was lcuky to walk away from that.

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell, it was a miracle if he walked away after he broke both his legs!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just an idea but how about we go back to slicks and low downforce a la the 80's..................oh whoops that's what happening next year!!!! that's the only reason we look back at the 80's and say it was real racing, drivers had to show some bottle and actually overtake! and they had the grip to do so! Common ecu's are already here to stop cheating e.g. Bennetton and traction control so that should help to remove some suspicion that ferrari are being favoured by the fia (i must admit that i believe ferrari have been given too much leeway compared to other teams) So hopefully next year should be closer to how f1 should be.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ERR Canada, Kubica......ring any bells?????!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Bloody hell, it was a miracle if he walked away after he broke both his legs!
    Walk away, once he'd healed

Duh!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post
    and Heikki this year, his shunt was very much like Michael's

the FIA have been trying to stop 'creative mapping' for a long time, but there are always teams that manage to find more 'traction'. The best thing they did was make it legal, everything else just opens up a family sized can of worms.

Post Thanks / Like

"Walk away, once he'd healed"

Yeah a bit like this - >

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by warpspeed View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkYs97UfN4

indeed

Post Thanks / Like

only just noticed this thread but never too late to add my 2 pence i guess .

personally think hamilton is a coont of the highest order by simply fooking
    off to switzerland to avoid paying tax over here which we all fooking pay big style .
    yeah my opinion is based on media surprisingly

"I love England and I'm happy to pay tax if I live there. Money isn't a decider - the quality of life is."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motors...9520-20067297/

Post Thanks / Like

But it clearly says that it's for a better way of life. Yeah, course, the tax haven is an obvious bonus, but given the choice of living in either country, I'd be packing my bags as well...

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you been to Switzerland?

I have, a few times. It very quiet there. It's a place to go if you want to go somewhere to get away from it all where it's very quiet.

I don't know how it works but I'd guess that F1 drivers are paid in some kind of international way so don't pay income tax for the country of their residence.

My sister was dating an American working in London and earning a £1,000,000 a year who was paid in gold bars to avoid tax. Though he was not a UK resident.

A UK resident working abroad and earning millions abroad may as well be paid abroad to a Swiss account.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schakal View Post
    only just noticed this thread but never too late to add my 2 pence i guess .

personally think hamilton is a coont of the highest order by simply fooking
    off to switzerland to avoid paying tax over here which we all fooking pay big style .
    yeah my opinion is based on media surprisingly

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/motors...9520-20067297/
    IMO 'coonts of the highest order' are those that waste thier time begrudging other people thier good fortune, instead of getting on and trying to improve their own situation.

This sort of envy is akin to some lucky guy at work getting to slack half of each day and then someone else dobbing him in just for the sake of it. If he's not affecting your work, stop being so feckin jealous. There will always be someone better off than you.

In this case Hamilton is making the right financial decisions for himself that are within the rules. Should we all follow the Paul Gascoigne fiscal policy instead then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    Have you been to Switzerland?

I have, a few times. It very quiet there. It's a place to go if you want to go somewhere to get away from it all where it's very quiet.
    I have, twice.

It's also a lovely part of the world, v tranquil & picturesque, low levels of crime, lack of sponging b*stards/immigrants/chavs/feckwit 'yoofs' whose way of life is to get lagered up on a Friday/Saturday night, then go looking for a fight to prove how 'hard' they are to their equally feckwit mates, fair taxes, and an economy which isn't seemingly falling on its ass.

Pretty much all the things that England isn't at the mo.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO 'coonts of the highest order' are those that waste thier time begrudging other people thier good fortune, instead of getting on and trying to improve their own situation.

This sort of envy is akin to some lucky guy at work getting to slack half of each day and then someone else dobbing him in just for the sake of it. If he's not affecting your work, stop being so feckin jealous. There will always be someone better off than you.

In this case Hamilton is making the right financial decisions for himself that are within the rules. Should we all follow the Paul Gascoigne fiscal policy instead then?
    amen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I have, twice.

It's also a lovely part of the world, v tranquil & picturesque, low levels of crime, lack of sponging b*stards/immigrants/chavs/feckwit 'yoofs' whose way of life is to get lagered up on a Friday/Saturday night, then go looking for a fight to prove how 'hard' they are to their equally feckwit mates, fair taxes, and an economy which isn't seemingly falling on its ass.

Pretty much all the things that England isn't at the mo.
    True, yet oh so funny.

Switzerland is a bloomin lovely place. I went through Switzerland briefly with my brother whilst we were driving through europe last year (we went to watch the Italian and Belgian grand prix). As above, it is so picturesque. Everything is so clean, and beautiful.. I would live there! Just need to learn the lingo / get a job there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriC View Post
    True, yet oh so funny.

Switzerland is a bloomin lovely place. I went through Switzerland briefly with my brother whilst we were driving through europe last year (we went to watch the Italian and Belgian grand prix). As above, it is so picturesque. Everything is so clean, and beautiful.. I would live there! Just need to learn the lingo / get a job there
    id actually love to live there too, in my personal experience anywhere thats picturesque does your mind/soul a load of good
    this country is pretty limited in that area

so good on hamilton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    this country is pretty limited in that area
    It certainly is. Crappy England

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm correct in saying Switzerland has / had the largest drug use problem in Europe. So there must be something not quite right there.

Post Thanks / Like

so you are happy someone born and raised in this country ,which also owes
    some of his good fortune to this country again , does not pay a penny of tax ??
    i am sorry but how fecking naive are you ??

Post Thanks / Like

I should think he's already paid more tax that you ever will in your working career. Then at aged 65 he probably won't be claiming a pension from the state as you probably will?

I guess you never heard of the brain drain?

Super taxing labour Gov forced successful capable people to leave Britain and work abroad so they could keep the money they earned. Then the Thatcher crewe wanted to make Britain great again and lowered tax to make Britain more attractive to high earning high spending types.

40% is still rather a lot really to hand over. One can do very well abroad with an extra £4 million.

I expect you also didn't know that income tax was fairly new. It was introduced to pay for a war Britain got involved in but removed after the war then, IIRC, brought in again for the 1st world war, only that time they kept it going afterwards. In the recent London Mayor election one small political party said they felt income tax could and should be scrapped.

Post Thanks / Like

im assuming the majority of people only pay tax because they have to!

i pay tax but send most of my earned money abroad as i dont want it in this fcuk hole of so called country. the only thing that brings immigrants etc over is that ther pound is worth alot more when sent back to there country. so why not work here and send money elsewhere? all good in my books.
    Last edited by raj; 12-11-2008 at 17:37.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I should think he's already paid more tax that you ever will in your working career. Then at aged 65 he probably won't be claiming a pension from the state as you probably will?

I guess you never heard of the brain drain?

Super taxing labour Gov forced successful capable people to leave Britain and work abroad so they could keep the money they earned. Then the Thatcher crewe wanted to make Britain great again and lowered tax to make Britain more attractive to high earning high spending types.

40% is still rather a lot really to hand over. One can do very well abroad with an extra £4 million.

I expect you also didn't know that income tax was fairly new. It was introduced to pay for a war Britain got involved in but removed after the war then, IIRC, brought in again for the 1st world war, only that time they kept it going afterwards. In the recent London Mayor election one small political party said they felt income tax could and should be scrapped.

what sort of difference ,does the amount of tax i pay make
    its all percentages of what you earn as far as i am concerned unless
    you are saying we shall all pay the same amount which does not make sense at all ??

dont get me wrong , i am not a tax whore that gets some sort of buzz out
    of paying taxes , i just pointed out that the rich can get away easily where as
    the rest have no choice .
    think about it ,if a 100 people like hamilton get away with
    £4 million each , who is going to pay for it ??
    i guess it will be me ,you and all the rest !!
    ohhh now 40% makes sense all of a sudden !!!

like mentioned its legal and the system allows it ,cant argue with that .
    but its not ethic and especially trying to cover up the obvious by saying
    "its not the tax but quality of life " is very coontish in my books .

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm going to let something that I can't do anything about stress me out and shorten my life. Now that would be naive.

Let me put it in terms that I imagine you might be able to relate to: The tiny financial impact I will feel due to Hamilton's unpaid Tax, is roughly offset by the happiness I felt (resulting in an imperceptible extension to my lifespan), by his winning the F1 title. I'll take it.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm going to let something that I can't do anything about stress me out and shorten my life. Now that would be naive.

Let me put it in terms that I imagine you might be able to relate to: The tiny financial impact I will feel due to Hamilton's unpaid Tax, is roughly offset by the happiness I felt (resulting in an imperceptible extension to my lifespan), by his winning the F1 title. I'll take it.

nahh mate i am hardly at a point of being stressed about it
    however i am not gonna talk *sheet just because i may stress you or
    shorten your life (god forbid).

i have nothing against hamiltons driving skills or f1 title ,well done to him
    on the other hand i wish he could have grown some balls and either admit to
    whats happening ( as in "fook the lot of you,i am off to switzerland to save on tax " )
    or support britain as much as britain has supported him .

no point going around in circles either,i am quite certain i made my point
    and it appears you are totally chuffed to bits as well
    AAPPPYY DAYZZZ

Post Thanks / Like

So given the same circumstances of having millions in the bank, you'd still live in Wales then would you?

Post Thanks / Like

If that was me, I'd be long gone. CIAO MEIN!! Toodle-pip, Ta-raaaa!

Post Thanks / Like

And a lot of others.

Apparently more people leave Britain each year than immigrate.

Many pensioners got to the Mediterranean. Not only is it warmer but the £ goes a lot further.