Post Thanks / Like

Disrespecting site staff

What is deemed disrespecting site staff?

I only question this, as i share a vain interest in knowing my limits.

Say i feel very passionatly about somthing, and i depict a rather agressive way of expressing my opinion, about club maybe a member, what is deemed to far?

Certain bad feelings are rumbling around, not by me of course... just a large number of people....

what constitutes disrespect, and please for god sake dont link me to the club rules, ive been shown them countless times.

This is not to be turned into a bar room brawl like alot of things i post, its a simple question that i would like a well thought out very well put together answer..

Much like ian s would answer any question posed to him.

feel free to lock this, and pm me... i dont bite, even pop over if your close enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disrespecting site staff

Just got Pm saying someones banned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave j gtt View Post
    Just got Pm saying someones banned
    Do me a favour, stay out of this thread, its not about said banned person, this is somthing else.

Post Thanks / Like

Disrespect toward a committee member is when you make it personal. By that i mean, members AND committee can have a heated 2 way discussion/debate but when the discussion gets to the point of being abusive or threating toward committee they will be warned, if they persist then they will be banned using the infraction system.

Regards
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

So can you read pm's ? just out of qurio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    What is deemed disrespecting site staff?
    Personal attacks, constantly knocking the work they do, dragging the club backwards with negative attitude/vendettas towards them, and not listening to (and accepting) their reason for a given course of action.

Imho, you guys are lucky in that the Committee are maybe a bit 'soft' & forgiving, as similar 'attacks' of site staff on the MLR (for example, as that's the only other forum/car site I visit) is met with temporary bans, or full exclusion from the club.

I can think of 3 current rtoc members straight away who would've long been booted out of the MLR.

Post Thanks / Like

yes they read Pm's , when i asked, i didnt get an answer. so i'm presumming yes they can.

Me mart ??? please say to public the answer

Post Thanks / Like

So can you read pm's ? just out of qurio
    Yes i can and i did with your last pm today.

If you are referring to the pm saying you were withdrawing from the events person roll......what did you want me to say?

"Thats great, thanks for wasting our time and trying to make out that you wanted to get involved in the club"

Or fill you full of love by saying "thanks for letting me know and then saying whats a great loss it would be that you no longer have time for the position (or whatever your reason was) "

Logging off now...........
    Regards
    Chris

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As a MOD/Committee member I cant read peoples pm's...

I can say what i like in PM's, yet I think if i were to send "X" a pm calling him a w*nker and threatening to get him at a meet or something... I am sure he could complain against me and rightfully so I could be banned..

I would think there is a facility for a mod to be able to read pm's if needed, whether or not it is used i really dont know...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Yes i can and i did with your last pm today.

If you are referring to the pm saying you were withdrawing from the events person roll......what did you want me to say?

"Thats great, thanks for wasting our time and trying to make out that you wanted to get involved in the club"

Or fill you full of love by saying "thanks for letting me know and then saying whats a great loss it would be that you no longer have time for the position (or whatever your reason was) "

Logging off now...........
    Regards
    Chris
    Chris you silly sausage, i think you need to maybe take a deep breath and not think so bad of me.. the pm question was in no way aimed at you not responding to me... i actualy find that offencive that you think i wasted your time... i clearly said i think big steve is more up to the job than my self as its a very important role.

so thanks for that, i didnt want to waste your time, but i think you would rather get the correct candidate, and i felt i was not.

Also i have made clear i would like to have a more active role and help in any way i can, but seeing as (after thinking long and hard) i didnt feel fit for that role,
    why should i pursue it further? so i dont think im right so i with draw from that role, so now i dont want to help at all... hmmm ok

im not refering to any of the pm's we have exchanged nor do i like the fact you seem to make it public.

its simple, can you read pm's between people ones you are not involved in,

thanks for the rubbish reply of a situation you so drasticly miss read.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold View Post
    As a MOD/Committee member I cant read peoples pm's...

I can say what i like in PM's, yet I think if i were to send "X" a pm calling him a w*nker and threatening to get him at a meet or something... I am sure he could complain against me and rightfully so I could be banned..

I would think there is a facility for a mod to be able to read pm's if needed, whether or not it is used i really dont know...

so a mod could read a pm that i sent to jrp?

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

no, no one can read anyone elses PM, not even top administrators (of which there are only 3).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    no, no one can read anyone elses PM, not even top administrators (of which there are only 3).
    Thank you scoff, so im being fed utter cods wallop by sombody then...

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you scoff, so im being fed utter cods wallop by sombody then...
    well, I don't know in which context they imagined your question was ment - maybe they mis-understood the question, like in the case between you and miller above. it happens on forums unfortunately, the lack of intonation and the like make it easy for people to mis-understand a question, and for responses to be mis-interpreted. for sure, a PM cannot be read by anyone other than the sender and recipient.

Post Thanks / Like

well, I don't know in which context they imagined your question was ment - maybe they mis-understood the question, like in the case between you and miller above. it happens on forums unfortunately, the lack of intonation and the like make it easy for people to mis-understand a question, and for responses to be mis-interpreted. for sure, a PM cannot be read by anyone other than the sender and recipient.
    Very true, and very well put..

It is the mis interpritation (sorry spelling) and the fact i know he has mis taken it, to why i hold no grudge not in the slightest... hence the silly sausage comment.

Cheers scoff

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

So there you go JRP, no-one has got the evidence to make public your sordid gay PM's between you and.... oh hang on, have I let something slip?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    So there you go JRP, no-one has got the evidence to make public your sordid gay PM's between you and.... oh hang on, have I let something slip?!
    Thank god for that

Post Thanks / Like

Thank god for that

you ashamed of what you are??

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This post by Kenobi is an example of disrespecting site staff:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showpost....9&postcount=84

And the part that did it for me:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showpost....1&postcount=96

The thread, https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=14648

Not for the first time that he's said this kind of thing. Today several of the committee separately took exception to it and felt he'd crossed a line. A thread was started, agreement was very quickly reached.

Maybe it's the hotter weather, whatever, it got to us and action was taken.

Post Thanks / Like

was he warned?

Post Thanks / Like

Many times before.

I was considering refunding him his remaining membership and saying goodbye.

But he get's another chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post
    you ashamed of what you are??

Iam 100% stright up man with no whims for the other side. end of story,,,, weird pm's on the other hand meh im a recovering special case from parkhurst

Post Thanks / Like

sorry but no one other than miller has just Disrespected JPR

End off the day, behind the scenes all aint rosy

Post Thanks / Like

mmm I'm sure there is a way if there was a will

Post Thanks / Like

I know I shouldn't but the title made me spit my coffee out... Ahh, whatever next...

Full name: Daniel Harris
    Car: Clio Turbo conversion
    Title: Banned

Post Thanks / Like

He made the mistake of expanding his problem with, mainly CLee, to open fire on the rest of us and in particular myself and Miller.

I lost count years ago of the hundreds of hours I've given this club for free, as have others.

Eventually everyone at the top of this club has felt they've have enough of this kind of barracking from people who are not involved in an organisational role and don't care to be.

Some of them just do it for their own entertainment.

Post Thanks / Like

mmm I'm sure there is a way if there was a will
    There probably is a vB ap available to translate the vB machine code to something readable by admin, but we don't have it.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    This post by Kenobi is an example of disrespecting site staff:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showpost....9&postcount=84

And the part that did it for me:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showpost....1&postcount=96

The thread, https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=14648

Not for the first time that he's said this kind of thing. Today several of the committee separately took exception to it and felt he'd crossed a line. A thread was started, agreement was very quickly reached.

Maybe it's the hotter weather, whatever, it got to us and action was taken.
    Imho I cannot see any problem with what Dan has said here, a paying member should be allowed to voice his opinion. He quite clearly says that he thinks the club is run well, but not with his choice of people. Am I going to also get banned for speaking my mind and saying I think its out of order that he has been banned so publically and I for one will not be renewing my membership.

Sorry just re-read the end of that post, so if any of our committee are feeling a little out of sorts and someone posts something that they dont like, then that person gets banned....well done great committee!!

Post Thanks / Like

To explain my part in all this .

I logged in this morning to find Kenobi had jumped on something I had said last night about the rep selection .I tend to be a bit blunt in some of my responses but they weren't aimed at him or anyone else for that matter .It was then all my fault that the thread had deteriorated yet again ........
    I will not be told what I can or cannot post and responded in kind .I then get called an arse licker etc .
    I've got a real job to do during the day and to be honest I wasn't then able to concentrate on that fully .It got to me this morning along with some others .
    I posted on the committee boards and soon found that I was not alone in my frustration .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bommer View Post
    Imho I cannot see any problem with what Dan has said here, a paying member should be allowed to voice his opinion. He quite clearly says that he thinks the club is run well, but not with his choice of people. Am I going to also get banned for speaking my mind and saying I think its out of order that he has been banned so publically and I for one will not be renewing my membership.

Sorry just re-read the end of that post, so if any of our committee are feeling a little out of sorts and someone posts something that they dont like, then that person gets banned....well done great committee!!

i also cant understand why he was banned???

Post Thanks / Like

He's been banned for 5 days , that's all . After that he will be free to carry on just as before .

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe the lack of insight shown by some members on here. Get with the programme.

Read and understand - It's not having a grievance with the state of play it's almost always the manner in which you voice your opinion that causes the problem.

In my experience the committee here are lenient and patient even with people who persistently use aggrevational (sp) language in expressing their discontent.

Post Thanks / Like

what ever clee, you really do need to watch what you say. take it from me.

YOU wont be told what to post. so you'll break rules then cover up!

I got told what i could and couldnt post sh*t crack

Post Thanks / Like

"I posted on the committee boards"

The club has committee boards!? Thats kind of wierd......is it there and only you people can see it? wow....secret boards.... Cooool! Beem me up scotty!

Post Thanks / Like

He also quite clearly states he thinks, wrongly, that me and miller are self appointed and put our mates on the committee and lord it over all. The part about the club being well run is just to try and get away with the core of his gist.

IIRC he's said things of this kind before and been corrected before.

If his, or your opinion for that matter, is starkly opposite to the well known and well documented facts and truth and he, you or anyone else keeps voicing it in an insulting way just to cause a row then those people should join a club other than this one.

Some members no doubt feel it makes for good and fun reading but the committee and moderators are not there just to take pot shots at for fun.

If any member has a genuine grievance with a committee member, members or the whole committee, they are free to start a genuine meaningful and intelligent complaint either in PM's or a thread.

But not one that starts with 'the committee are g8y w8nkers and only their mates in their clique get a job'.

I don't think I'm being in anyway unreasonable, that same can not be said for the member now serving 5 days ban.

Post Thanks / Like

if kenobi got banned for what he said, then you're going too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a threat ? Really ?
    I've had enough of some of you lot .If you had a feckin brain cell you'd be dangerous .
    I have just fully explained my part in the banning of Kenobi .He brought it on himself with the constant jibes and snide remarks about those who's only crime is to try and help keep this club running .

Post Thanks / Like

here we go again

Post Thanks / Like

Normally i get some kind of perverse pleasure reading these threads but not the few from the last couple of days and open threats like this should lead to a lifetime ban.
    How stupid are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    He also quite clearly states he thinks, wrongly, that me and miller are self appointed and put our mates on the committee and lord it over all. The part about the club being well run is just to try and get away with the core of his gist.

IIRC he's said things of this kind before and been corrected before.

If his, or your opinion for that matter, is starkly opposite to the well known and well documented facts and truth and he, you or anyone else keeps voicing it in an insulting way just to cause a row then those people should join a club other than this one.

Some members no doubt feel it makes for good and fun reading but the committee and moderators are not there just to take pot shots at for fun.

If any member has a genuine grievance with a committee member, members or the whole committee, they are free to start a genuine meaningful and intelligent complaint either in PM's or a thread.

But not one that starts with 'the committee are g8y w8nkers and only their mates in their clique get a job'.

I don't think I'm being in anyway unreasonable, that same can not be said for the member now serving 5 days ban.
    I am not aware of what has gone before (was Dan warned about his comments before?)...I dont know.
    But where does Dan actually say that you 'lord it up' all he said was that he did not, just like the rest of us, have a say in who was appointed committee members/moderators. I also think that as a paying member he was well within his rights to say what he did.

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm sorry but what has been done is final, reasons have been posted which is more that necessary in terms of an explanation.

Thread locked by me.

PM me if you have an issue.

Ashy.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not aware of what has gone before (was Dan warned about his comments before?)...I dont know.
    But where does Dan actually say that you 'lord it up' all he said was that he did not, just like the rest of us, have a say in who was appointed committee members/moderators. I also think that as a paying member he was well within his rights to say what he did.
    We all know that some of the committee were not elected. Most of them however, were originally, then, as people resigned, some have been replaced mid term by co-option. Often there's only one applicant, so an election is not required.

It's been going on for some time with Kenobi.

It's very much the way he said it. And he's wrong anyway. We have an AGM every year. No-one offers to stand for anything. It's nearly impossible to get anyone to actively do a job within this club. So who is it exactly that should or would be making up the committee were it nor for those who already give their time to serve on it now? Who exactly does Kenobi want to be on the committee instead? We keep asking for more help and it does not come. Apart from a handful just now who are the new area reps and who responded to the call for a new events organiser. But it remains to be seen if the appointee actualy does the job or bails through finding a lack of available time and motivation due partly to it being less fun that he thought.

These threads are certain evidence that this club is at the low end of the club spectrum. Why don't people here just go and read the club rules and constitution before boring us all with their blustering and noise based on an abject lack of knowing anything.