Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

alarm

since ive had my new 5 the alarm on it has been a right pig. Its a clifford alarm i think its a concept 300. Baiscally it goes of willy nilly lol. It goes of repetadly sometimes when i start it.

Ive got no manuel with it so i dont have its security code which is a nytmare, so im woundering if there is anyway i can find this out? Obviously ask the previous owner but ii brought it from a m8 who just dealt with it.

Am i right in thinking if i took every single wire which belongs to the alarm out the car will still work? As i took it to a car audio place that deals with alarm and i think he was more intrested in the money then being helpfull. Which was annoying. And he reckond you couldnt just take it out.

Which i think sounds bully and dont really want to give him my money.

But i could really do with getting the code and try to sort the alarm out. And it would cost me £80 just 4 him to even see if he could do that.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated as the alarms bloody loud lol.

Essay over thanks 4 reading lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: alarm

If you completely remove the Clifford loom then I think it should be fine. You may possibly need to rejoin any cables that have been cut to fit the Clifford. IIRC there maybe a few like this. Also when you say code is it a rocker switch with one side that latches into place but the other side just moves ?.

Post Thanks / Like

regards to the alarm going off constantly could be to do with the proximity sensor being set too high, mine used to go off when cats used to brush past it, you need to look for a little box about the size of a matchbox but half as thin, it will have a little red led that flashes, then you'll see a white screw head that sets sensitivity, wind it to lowest and might help.

as for it keep going off when starting that's because you probably haven't deactivated the alarm. when the alarm goes off, by pressing the button to stop it, it only resets it, you then need to press the button again, without opening the door and the led will stop flashing.

you don't need the code you can put it in valet mode by pressing the *and unlock buttons together, it will disable the alarm until the ignition is turned on, indicated by the led being constantly illuminated.

hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

if its an old concept 300, pm me and i'll tell you how to get the code

(obviously dont want to post it on here )

Post Thanks / Like

I would say its not wired in correctly myself. If its a concept 300 then once you de-active the alarm on the remote and the ignition is on the alarm will not go off as it knows the ignition is on as its get a feedback signal from the ign+/ immob wiring.

You need to check that you can't start the car when the alarm going off. If you can then the immobiliser circuit are not wired in correctly and the alarm will get the arse big style.

The immobisier wires are paired and need to be correct for this alarm to function correctly.

Your can get a copy of cliffnet wizard off the clifford site but you need a lead to plug into the alarm and the 4 digit code to access it unless you have the pro version . As commented earlier the valet 4 digit code is easy to obtain just ask. Unless its been changed which i doubt it has but you never know.

So to sum up.

Do some checks first before you write off the alarm as its proberly something simple. If you do rip it out i'll have it

Enjoy!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

what i mean by code it it has a little pad with a star and then another button and you have to type in some sequence with the two buttons.

have found the proximity sensor not sure which way to turn it so have turned it one way and have moved it now for the moment for easier access to adjust if needs be. this was pretty much in the middle of the car behind the gear stick, is this the best place for it?

will try pressing the button twice to stop it i was sort of doing that, but i would be in the car.
    also when i press the two buttons the led is goes off.

will have to check if i can start the car when the alarms going off, i dont think i can.

how do i tell if its an old 300? i would have thought it was.

thanks for you help hope i get this under control lol.

Post Thanks / Like

yep, the valet code. hence the star on the fob. you only really need it if you lose the fob, otherwise like i said the two buttons together disable the alarm. if you lose the fob and can get in the car you press the * then the blank the number of times you need for the first number then * and carry on until all four numbers are entered and the alarm will stop.

i kno what mark means about finding the code as it's fairly easy i just cant remember which bit it is to find it.

it's good enough, that's where mine is.

you can't be in the car because it'll kno you're there and think you're trying to steal it while the lazy owner is behind the curtain pressing the button to stop the alarm. you'll be able to turn ignition on but it won't crank the engine.

when you dis-arm the alarm it will flash the indicators, this will also help identify the problem, which you can then fix. can't remember off hand the whole sequence but watch how many times it flashes make a note and next time see if it does the same, may be a door pin need adjusting, the flashing tells you which one. think 2 flashes means unlocked and ok so anymore than that press the button again before you open the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom t View Post
    what i mean by code it it has a little pad with a star and then another button and you have to type in some sequence with the two buttons.

have found the proximity sensor not sure which way to turn it so have turned it one way and have moved it now for the moment for easier access to adjust if needs be. this was pretty much in the middle of the car behind the gear stick, is this the best place for it?

will try pressing the button twice to stop it i was sort of doing that, but i would be in the car.
    also when i press the two buttons the led is goes off.

will have to check if i can start the car when the alarms going off, i dont think i can.

how do i tell if its an old 300? i would have thought it was.

thanks for you help hope i get this under control lol.
    Hang on a minute.

The 2 buttons in the car are to bypass the alarm if you lose the remote.

Are you saying you turn the alarm off with these's buttons in the car or have you got a seperate 4 button remote on your keys that you press then get in the car??

I wonder where your system has got auto arm turned on. That can do your head right in when you get out to fill up with petrol etc.

Have you got the alarm connected to the central locking so when its armed you know as the car is locked??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    Hang on a minute.

The 2 buttons in the car are to bypass the alarm if you lose the remote.

Are you saying you turn the alarm off with these's buttons in the car or have you got a seperate 4 button remote on your keys that you press then get in the car??

I wonder where your system has got auto arm turned on. That can do your head right in when you get out to fill up with petrol etc.

Have you got the alarm connected to the central locking so when its armed you know as the car is locked??

I'm assuming he isn't using the pad as he hasn't got the code! I think he has brought the car and hasn't got the instruction manual to find out how the alarm functions, hence why he is having problems.

Does it have auto arm? Iirc only the immobiliser rearms not the actual alarm?

I was wondering about the locks, but people who don't kno my car when I ask them to move it have the same problem as the op,

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

no im not using the pad inside the car. just my 4 button keyfob.
    that auto arm souds like its on to me as it is a right pain. how can i tell if it has this?
    im not 100% sure if the alarms linked to the central locking as the locks dont open when i press the key fob but i thought i saw wireing for it to be connected. my indicators dont flash when i unlock the car etc either.

when i press my unlock button i get say 2 beeps from the car i think this is armed. may be wrong? then if i press it untill i get just 1 beep i think that should be dissarmed does that sound right?

even them beeps are annoying as there bloody loud lol.

thanks again for your input fellas

Post Thanks / Like

you'll probably find that it is connected to the locks, just the locks get sluggish and don't work as well as they should because the alarm don't send a long enough signal. could be half the problem if you're manually unlocking the car before the alarm is disarmed.

indicators should flash but the beeping is good enough, the indicators would flash with the beeps.

beeps sound right, been awhile since i've played with a clifford.

you can actually turn the beeps down as well, if you read the manual , only joking, can't remember the sequence to do it but i'm fairly sure if you google clifford 300 manual you can probably find one online

you may have to bite the bullet and get someone to have a look at it in all fairness, flick through the yellow pages and ring around until you find someone helpful in your area or even a mobile fitter