Post Thanks / Like

Brakes help

All new calipers on all the way round.

Gone to bleed them, front right and back left i just cant bleed only a tiny drip comes out nothing more.

But the front left and rear right are spot on....

Any ideas team ?

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brakes help

What order did you start them in? Did you use a pressure bleed kit?

Post Thanks / Like

Mastercylinder may be kaputt mate assuming you have no leaks.

My gtt done the same last weekend, front calipers would only dribble fluid then the pedal went completely, no brakes. About £30 for a new one from your local motorfactors.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks brigs. must try getting one asap then

Mike, i used a pressure kit, an easy bleed kit, and an old fashion way... think its fubared!

gerrrrr more money

Post Thanks / Like

Warning be really careful taking any one's advice. Including mine. About Fitting Brakes and Or Adjusting Rear Compensator valve.

The way I did mine was to simply get someone to sit in car, and pump or compress fully brake pedal on command, I had a bleed tube that was a good tight fit on bleed nipple, Am no mechanic, They passed or flew through mot evenly balanced and well above the required limit.
    It was a pain as I had to adjust compensator, I put a new one on that involved setting it up with the correct amount of braking to Front and Rear.

I think you'll need to open rear compensator valve, "I think push it in" , That way more fluid will be able to travel thru to back brakes. Please do remember to put compensator back to how it was if you touch it, other wise you'll be skidding off the road when you test your brakes

Be carful with Compensator valve! Mark where it was if you start adjusting it, for an idea re adjusting.

1 - I would lock off bleed nipple every time pedal was pump until hard the keeping pressure on brake pedal, release bleed nipple to release any air or fluid, without letting the pedal return to back up lock bleed nipple, and allow pedal to return back up.

2 - Closed bleed nipple and prime pedal again until it becomes hard and release, by locking bleed nipple off, its of my belief it dose not allow air to return back it to the calliper.

Then repeater that process remembering to keep an eye on brake reservoir and topping it up, I pumped all dirty old oil out of system till brake fluid was clear. So you might need quite a bit and to take time and to repeat process of bleeding any air out of system.

Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    All new calipers on all the way round.

Gone to bleed them, front right and back left i just cant bleed only a tiny drip comes out nothing more.

But the front left and rear right are spot on....

Any ideas team ?
    sorry no help but where did you get new calipers all rnd ?? as i want all new for mine thanks pal

Post Thanks / Like

Just when I pluck up the courage to actually do anything more than just polish mine I read another horror story about exactly what I was planning, Humph

Hope you get it sorted Jon, were the calipers sorted by bigred?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Just when I pluck up the courage to actually do anything more than just polish mine I read another horror story about exactly what I was planning, Humph

Hope you get it sorted Jon, were the calipers sorted by bigred?
    No brand spankers mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    No brand spankers mate.
    You're pulling my pud surely? Brand new, front and back from Renault for £260

Post Thanks / Like

we did my bro's at the weekend, had master cyl off and new front pipes so took ages to get fluid all the way down to the calipers.. we didn't pressure bleed, just lots of pumping to get it to the calipers, and i mean alot of pumping, took about an hour in all from start to finish