Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trader
    Footman James Insurance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'Limited Mileage' Classic Insurance Policy

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMayGTT View Post
    Footman james are beyond amazing. Rang them today, just to find out a price with no intention of getting it strait away but they quoted me £130 with mods declared. Only 1500 miles but thats all i do. I'm 26 so im more than chuffed with the quote and took it strait away.
    Glad to be of service - We do aim to please

Post Thanks / Like

Just make sure you don't go over 1500 miles because it appears the policy is to void the cover thereafter.

Incidentally, I've also been round the insurance loop these last couple of weeks and it does seem as though the prices have gone up.

HIC
    Honda 2.2vtec, group 17-18 - £342 (now sold)
    Corsa 1.0 12v, group 1E - £311 (now purchased unfortunately)

WTF. Not too bad on the Honda (still more than last year), but not good at all for the Corsa, and this is on 7000mile policy.

FJ wanted £360 for the Corsa, even worse. Eventually got fully comp with protected NCB for £218 with M&S of all people. Not happy though, expecting £150.

Post Thanks / Like

looking at that, insurance wise you may as well just get the most powerfull car you can as it makes such a tiny difference. My boss was complaining also that her insurance had gone up this year for no apparent reason on a merc but on checking no where else is beating the price that was a fair bit higher than her renewal last year.
    Must be going up across the board.
    Mileage wise i will be lucky if i manage to do 1000 miles this year i would think.