Post Thanks / Like

C2L.714 and C3L engines- crank details any knowledge?

Does any one have knowledge of the C2l.714 or C3L engines, specifically the crank? Question - will it go in the C1J? I checked the main bearings, and these are the same, the bore is 76mm, share the same head gasket pattern as the C1J, but 1597cc so longer stroke..

Any know how, or parts to have a butchers would be great.

Looking for a long stroke crank for a C1J basically, el cheapo... Kinda ties in with my other thread:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=12570

Think Markey Mark (BD) will put up a thread for this little project just getting go..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: C2L.714 and C3L engines- crank details any knowledge?

is this the 84mm stroke? From memory it will fit, albeit with some block clearancing around the big ends. (and a bit of sump bashing)

Post Thanks / Like

you'll be looking for a long time. they didn't produce those engines in this country as far as i'm aware.
    south america - columbia - argentina yes

maybe turkey too.... you need to be speaking to 'Ilker' really as he is over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
    you'll be looking for a long time. they didn't produce those engines in this country as far as i'm aware.
    south america - columbia - argentina yes

maybe turkey too.... you need to be speaking to 'Ilker' really as he is over there.
    indeed, Ilker had one for a while, until it got 'lost in the post'

It has more counterweights that the C1J crank, on both sides of each big end.

Salv Sacco had some 84mm cranks a while back, not sure whether they were these, or steel ones? I think Danny - DKDevelopments has one in his engine.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    indeed, Ilker had one for a while, until it got 'lost in the post'

It has more counterweights that the C1J crank, on both sides of each big end.

Salv Sacco had some 84mm cranks a while back, not sure whether they were these, or steel ones? I think Danny - DKDevelopments has one in his engine.
    good memory Mr.Cooke

I've ran one in my 11 for years albeit it was n/a. They're very cheap in Turkey, about £100 brand new.

Funny I was thinking what to do with mine just last night. Although I'm trying to steer away from the C1J scene, it'll always eat me up if I don't try and see the gains using this crank (if any there is).

anyway, they're el cheapo here and I'm willing to offer any help as always.

p.s the bore is 76.5mm and it has a c/r of circa 9:1-9.25:1 with a n/a head.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFaulks View Post
    Does any one have knowledge of the C2l.714 or C3L engines, specifically the crank? Question - will it go in the C1J? I checked the main bearings, and these are the same, the bore is 76mm, share the same head gasket pattern as the C1J, but 1597cc so longer stroke..

Any know how, or parts to have a butchers would be great.

Looking for a long stroke crank for a C1J basically, el cheapo... Kinda ties in with my other thread:

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=12570

Think Markey Mark (BD) will put up a thread for this little project just getting go..
    I will start the thread soon mate.

Sorry i didn't message back on sunday, had a hectic day in the end.
    I got the scrap head here and a split bottom end for you to measure up so will drop round whenever your free again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everybody that's great, what I really love about this club - passion in spades.

More to follow on this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by i l k e r View Post
    good memory Mr.Cooke

I've ran one in my 11 for years albeit it was n/a. They're very cheap in Turkey, about £100 brand new.

Funny I was thinking what to do with mine just last night. Although I'm trying to steer away from the C1J scene, it'll always eat me up if I don't try and see the gains using this crank (if any there is).

anyway, they're el cheapo here and I'm willing to offer any help as always.

p.s the bore is 76.5mm and it has a c/r of circa 9:1-9.25:1 with a n/a head.
    Hi Ilker, thanks for that. Yes I would like to go ahead and get one in that case. Please let me know what you need, and funds transfer etc. I have a Fedex account for shipping if that helps? I take it you were running in n/a format? Are the rods the same or different to the C1J, I assume the same? If not a set even 2nd hand would be great. Any details on the n/a pistons would be interesting too.

Will go into more depth when Mark kicks off the thread, but various aspects would like to play on the C1J, but one of them is accelerate the piston over TDC to reduce the tendency to det - accelerate the piston away from TDC faster. Need a longer stroke to do that with the very long rod dictated to connect everything up. In addition add chamber modifications and build a project engine for more Faulksie black smoke tuning

Post Thanks / Like

This company used to list standard C2L/C3L cranks on their website, it was only last year i seen them. I did copy the Renault part number down but i know i will have lost it.

The link i saved does not work any more but its a start.......

http://ospauto.com/eng/

This was the link i saved

http://ospauto.com/KRANK%20LIST.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MFaulks View Post
    Hi Ilker, thanks for that. Yes I would like to go ahead and get one in that case. Please let me know what you need, and funds transfer etc. I have a Fedex account for shipping if that helps? I take it you were running in n/a format? Are the rods the same or different to the C1J, I assume the same? If not a set even 2nd hand would be great. Any details on the n/a pistons would be interesting too.

Will go into more depth when Mark kicks off the thread, but various aspects would like to play on the C1J, but one of them is accelerate the piston over TDC to reduce the tendency to det - accelerate the piston away from TDC faster. Need a longer stroke to do that with the very long rod dictated to connect everything up. In addition add chamber modifications and build a project engine for more Faulksie black smoke tuning
    hi mate, no problem

rods are same as C1J so no problems there. Can you get a shipping quote through your Fedex account from Cyprus.

Post Thanks / Like

Have just been on google and found this thread......they say the rods are not the same?

http://www.daciaclub.ro/C3L-engine-t58751.html

This is also intresting, in a sad way

http://www.allautoparts.ru/closed/al...df/RENAULT.pdf

and a place that lists them on their site for sale

http://www.alfakrank.com/uploadimg/1...LFAURUN%20.pdf

And a picture of it (four down) with no prices though

http://www.alfakrank.com/page.php?ID=40

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks chaps, some really good info and feedback there, thanks.

I don't have any C1J pistons here yet, but will be hunting out suitable adaptable pistons with necessary reduced compression height. Pin bushes and rod ends can be machined to suit provided there is meat in the rods.

Can some one let me know the compression height and pin diameter for the C1J standard piston please? I see the Wossner data shows 37.5mm, and hence need a piston with a compression height approx 7mm shorter to match the C3J crank.

If I can find a Toyota Starlet GT turbo piston on a 76 / 76.xmm bore would be right on the money, 30mm compression height. Honda Civic EX Turbo on a 76.5mm bore and 29.81mm compression height, could be another one. Any other possible matches please let me know and I'll have a look.

Ikler, thanks for that. Can you get confirm on price for crank? I'll then sort payment etc. I can get Fedex to collect from you, and charge me direct, so just shipping docs and customs form to fill your side. Try and make painless

Thanks,
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like

duh... 3.5mm not 7mm, not thinking there... need to engage brain! So need a compression height of approx 34mm... will have to have another look now.