Post Thanks / Like

murcielago kit car

i have been offered a murcielago kit car it has a 2 litre twin turbo lump on a 1996 mr2 i has the body fitted and door ect nothing else.

it comes with the full int inc original lambo dash needs a hell of alot of work and saving to buy original carpet. and alot of hours work which means my 5 would have to go.

what should i do?

have a car i love so much or a kit car which in the back of my mind will always be a kit car.

HELP!!!

forgot to mention i would need to buy the lights ect and paint.
    Last edited by robbie506; 01-02-2010 at 18:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: murcielago kit car

Supercar replicas based on MR2's are quite possibly the biggest FAIL in the kit-car world. Maybe even the whole car world!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post

Supercar replicas based on MR2's are quite possibly the biggest FAIL in the kit-car world. Maybe even the whole car world!

but there worth 35k + when finished

Post Thanks / Like

No they're not .
    Ask yourself ,would you pay that for one ?
    + would you ever finish it to anywhere near what could even possibly in your wildest dreams be worth anywhere near that sort of dosh .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post

No they're not .
    Ask yourself ,would you pay that for one ?
    + would you ever finish it to anywhere near what could even possibly in your wildest dreams be worth anywhere near that sort of dosh .

thats the only price i could find on piston heads.

im guessing people dont have alot of love for these

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen peugeot 406 coupe and mr2 360 modena replicas go for quite a bit of cash £15000+. Both missing the most important part though........ an Italien v8.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

right im keepin my 5!!!

anybody reccomend a good mechanic in liverpool to do a full rebuild?

Post Thanks / Like

Fecking hell, seen the prices
    http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/murci/kits.html

These fake discs

These wheel spacers, seen the size of them, I bet it would never drive right with spacers that big.

Post Thanks / Like

tempted to still buy and break it still make more than what it would cost with dash ect.

it has the wheels and spacers to.

Post Thanks / Like

lol 'extreme - there is no substitute'
    correct so buy the real thing perhaps?

Surely those wheel spacers will do the bearings no good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbie506 View Post
    tempted to still buy and break it still make more than what it would cost with dash ect.

it has the wheels and spacers to.

Who are you going to sell it to ? Just how big a market do you think there will be for secondhand one off kitcar parts ?
    Good luck finding him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Who are you going to sell it to ? Just how big a market do you think there will be for secondhand one off kitcar parts ?
    Good luck finding him

thats a good point never thought of that.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never understood replica kit cars. By the time you've spent a mint on crappy ill-fitting kits you could've bought the real thing...plus they look ****

Post Thanks / Like

well i think i have been put off and the misses would of gone mad taken about 5 years before she let me buy another 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Dont let this lot put you off anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Some kit cars are fecking great and ive seen a fair few that really look the business. In particular the GT40/ferrari 250 ones. I have to agree with most of the above though, the fezza/lambo mr2 ones ive seen, are generally poor.

Post Thanks / Like

i can see the attraction. But not worth the shame when people realize your just another wannabe.

There was a guy who had a 355 rep on a mr2 round this way, honest he told everyone it was a real Ferrari.

Its was embarrassing, i said to him once listen, tell your divvy blonds you pick up on a sat night that its a 355, but not a petrol head, you just look a fool.

Oh he had a 4.5 turbo, was going to knack my evo.

I waited for him outside asked to look under the bonnet. I looked at the interior, and said its a mr2, he said yeah how many Ferrari 355 have you sat in, I said quite right but been in alot of mr2s. And under the bonnet was a Toyota engine. WTF

To this day i still think he is one of the biggest jockeys i have ever spoken to.

phil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    i can see the attraction. But not worth the shame when people realize your just another wannabe.

There was a guy who had a 355 rep on a mr2 round this way, honest he told everyone it was a real Ferrari.

Its was embarrassing, i said to him once listen, tell your divvy blonds you pick up on a sat night that its a 355, but not a petrol head, you just look a fool.

I waited for him outside asked to look under the bonnet. I looked at the interior, and said its a mr2, he said yeah how many Ferrari 355 have you sat in, I said quite right but been in alot of mr2s. And under the bonnet was a Toyota engine. WTF

To this day i still think he is one of the biggest jockeys i have ever spoken to.

phil
    thats great..

but i would not tell people it was the real thing not worth the shame and how many people in liverpool own a real one? yeah a 27 yr old on a normal estate with a 70k+ car on the drive hmmmm think i would be raided.

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbie506 View Post
    thats great..

a 27 yr old on a normal estate with a 70k+ car on the drive hmmmm think i would be raided.
    pure magic rob...., i say go for it....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jesus in the seat of a 5 View Post
    pure magic rob...., i say go for it....

chers for that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post

phil
    we had the opposite, local lad has a few toys, diablo sv, gtr, 355, evo 8 and 10 etc, and he was out in the 355 one evening a couple of years ago, it had a tubi exhaust and was very loud, there is another local who has a couple of silly power skylines, but also the ego to go with it, and we all told him it was a rep...

he stood back and announced... "its very very good, to the untrained eye you'd think its a ferrari but i could tell it was an mr2 just by the sound"

2.0 turbo vs a v8.... he still doesn't realise to this day that its real... kinda a long running joke

Post Thanks / Like

ps. murcialago is sex, mate has a bright yellow one around here and the noise makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck when he boots it off...

just make sure the bodywork is spot on, and just never drive it, or spaceframe the rear and put in a BMW V10 and you'll have the noise to go with the looks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    we had the opposite, local lad has a few toys, diablo sv, gtr, 355, evo 8 and 10 etc, and he was out in the 355 one evening a couple of years ago, it had a tubi exhaust and was very loud, there is another local who has a couple of silly power skylines, but also the ego to go with it, and we all told him it was a rep...

he stood back and announced... "its very very good, to the untrained eye you'd think its a ferrari but i could tell it was an mr2 just by the sound"

2.0 turbo vs a v8.... he still doesn't realise to this day that its real... kinda a long running joke
    That's what I'd do if I was a squillionaire

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    ps. murcialago is sex, mate has a bright yellow one around here and the noise makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck when he boots it off...

just make sure the bodywork is spot on, and just never drive it, or spaceframe the rear and put in a BMW V10 and you'll have the noise to go with the looks

body work wise its amazeing but i think a v10 is a bit out of my budjet think i will have to wave it goodbye

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Whilst on the subject of kit cars - I desperately would love a Hawk cars stratos replica. Hawk cars bought all the original moulds from lancia including the jigs to make the space frame chassis. Bung in Alfa V6 and it will probably be more reliable and faster than the original. Panel fit will also be better.
    If you love the Lancia stratos and have new mondeo money lying about, you could do worse than looking at Hawkcars website.

Post Thanks / Like

There really is only one ' Kitcar ' worth contemplating .......

http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/Content.aspx?f=gtrprices

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5t2 View Post
    Whilst on the subject of kit cars - I desperately would love a Hawk cars stratos replica. Hawk cars bought all the original moulds from lancia including the jigs to make the space frame chassis. Bung in Alfa V6 and it will probably be more reliable and faster than the original. Panel fit will also be better.
    If you love the Lancia stratos and have new mondeo money lying about, you could do worse than looking at Hawkcars website.
    Was that the one they had on Top Gear that Clarkson was scared to drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Was that the one they had on Top Gear that Clarkson was scared to drive.

and broke down a few times on him yep thats the one

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hawk cars replica front wheel fell off on top gear.

Whilst the body work is obviously spot on, they are not Stratos'ssss. they shouldn't be allowed to mess with perfection

Sorry lambo/fezza kit car replicas are as cool and as convincing as Tony Blair.

Ultima

Post Thanks / Like

You sound like your buying it to make a wage, as said the market is to small for this to make fast bucks if thats what you want... there a loads of cars out there to make a wage on .. Id rather invest my cash on the stock market and sit on it for the lenght of time it mite take you sell such a car... Just my 2p....

Post Thanks / Like

There was a lad in Glasgow on the southside had a MR2 Ferrari replica a couple of years ago. He got rid after getting stopped by the cops and they found it was still registered as an MR2, no changes. Muppet.

He tried bull****ting it was a real deal. He STILL gets slagged about it 2 years on. Yeah, because at the time, there were a load of 90k cars outside 140k houses. Oh yeah. Proper common.

Do you WANT to be known as the guy with a fake Lambo? Because thats how you will be remembered for ever more. You could go on to cure cancer, and you'll still be known as Robbie the fake, not Robbie the bloke who cured cancer.

Seriously, people by these things because they think it will add inches to thei dick. It's the absolute opposite. You might get a shag out of it for a fortnight, then word will get around, and it's you and the 5 fingered poon forever.

You want a kit car buy yourself one designed for a purpose, Ultima, Libra etc.

Not something that should come with a free Bolex watch taped to the dashboard.

Post Thanks / Like

if you want to make a wage...buy an old mustang import and slap an eleanor replica kit on it!
    kit costs a grand! then get it sprayed!
    looks one mean mother.

and £35k for a murcielago relica!!! when you could prob pick up a diablo for an extra 5 - 10K.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J$£5GTT View Post

Where do i send my deposit

Post Thanks / Like

Was just thinking, it's 'officialy' the end of the economic downturn so what better way to celebrate by ordering myself a fake lambo