Post Thanks / Like

Trying to find out if my 5 was owned by coulthard?

When i bought my tungy phase 2 gtt the previous owner told me it was owned by david coulthard the ex f1 driver and showed me some paperword with his name on which i still have.The middle name is correct otherwise i was thinking it could be anyone called david coulthard.I contacted the david coulthard museum and they gave me his p.a's number in the south of france which i contacted and left a message.Ive spent hours searching the web and found a few articles which he talks about renault 5's and apparent a red phase1 gtt was his first car and he currently has one in his collection.

Gonna try contacting him again next year and see if he wants to buy it back at a high price if it was his Its a longshot but just wondered if anyone has any info or articles about him and r5 please? Its probably made up knowing my luck because he wasnt the most honest seller to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trying to find out if my 5 was owned by coulthard?

hi luke. there was a garage in galashiels that was selling a 5 that was meant to have been owned by d.c. i think the guy that owned it after him stayed in kelso. i may be able to get his number if you are intrested.?

Post Thanks / Like

DC never actually owned a 5 - wires have become crossed over the years. There was an interview in a magazine back in the early 90's, where DC said that he really wanted a 5 gtt, but when he went for a test drive he couldn't fit his jaw in through the door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by finsta View Post
    hi luke. there was a garage in galashiels that was selling a 5 that was meant to have been owned by d.c. i think the guy that owned it after him stayed in kelso. i may be able to get his number if you are intrested.?
    Kelso is where i bought the car and it did have a galashields garage keyring.Thanks for that info mate.The guy i bought it off said the same thing.Il try getting in touch with david again.

lol at the coulthard jaw i too have an epic superhero jaw but more like ivan drago than coulthards family guy style beast.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    when he went for a test drive he couldn't fit his jaw in through the door

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LukeRobbo View Post
    Kelso is where i bought the car and it did have a galashields garage keyring.Thanks for that info mate.The guy i bought it off said the same thing.Il try getting in touch with david again.
    i must be thinking of the guy you bought it off. i was gona go have a look at it when it was in gala but they were wanting 5k for it so didnt bother. think that would be 4/5 years ago now.

Post Thanks / Like

DC never actually owned a 5 - wires have become crossed over the years. There was an interview in a magazine back in the early 90's, where DC said that he really wanted a 5 gtt, but when he went for a test drive he couldn't fit his jaw in through the door

Post Thanks / Like

lol must be that human growth hormone

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that DC used a GTT to cut about Monaco in? Probably useless info but, info all the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought id bump this to see if people have any more info please its a tungy with reg G707 LGO and i bought it from Kelso

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

if you send a letter to dvla and i think it was £5 they should give you all the other owner that owned the car from the start

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't DC's GTT red?