Post Thanks / Like

Gurgling/bubbling noise..............will the hassles never end?

Drove my car back from my mates today (about 7 miles) and quite enjoyed it......

However, upon looking underneath the car it would seem we didn't quite fit the sump gasket properly, bit of an oil leak........bugger!.......sump off again I thought.......but not today!.....so I took it to my garage...(about a mile), parked up outside the garage door and....................smoke!...........lots of smoke!!!!
    I thought quick, wheres my phone camera, this is going to wind up on you tube!

Turns out the turbo oil supply pipe had decided it wanted to split and had shot oil everywhere.....Brilliant!

Anyhow, I've got a spare pipe, so that can go on when we do the sump (again!......)

What I want to ask about is, when everthing was ok and not leaking,at idle , there was this really weird low pitched gurgling type of noise coming from somewhere near or maybe in, the air filter area..........anybody have any ideas?...........If I take the plastic filter that pops into the pipe that goes into the sump off it is louder, as if the sound is travelling down the pipe........but the noise is deffo starting from the air box side of the engine.....only on idle, blip the throttle and it stops.......annoying as hell, especially whith all the other failures.........

Does it ever end?......

Does anyone have an idea as to what could be the cause?

Thanks in advance...............again!

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gurgling/bubbling noise..............will the hassles never end?

Has your cooling system / rad been bled properly? It could be water returning to the top of the expansion tank. It's right next to the air filter.

Mine gargles sometimes when the car is cooling down after a run out, never noticed it whilst running though and its not constant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    Has your cooling system / rad been bled properly? It could be water returning to the top of the expansion tank. It's right next to the air filter.

Mine gargles sometimes when the car is cooling down after a run out, never noticed it whilst running though and its not constant.

Good suggestion, but I think its coming from alot lower down.......god only knows what it is.......the old, knackered engine didn't do it, but this rebuilt one does!........so frustrating.........

Pipes popping, perc fans blowing...........sounds like an xmas carol!!!!!!!

International Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an idea.
    In the crank case ventillation system there is a T piece. In it there should be 2 constrictor. If they are missing it can cause such noie.
    Pull it out from the telephone hose and try to block it.

Post Thanks / Like

as he said above, mine did exactly this and it was the missing valve.. however i would not advise blocking the breather to the telephone hose, i tried this and after about 4 secs my car smoked like crazy, just check the valves are in the t piece and go from there.

International Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by djinuk View Post
    as he said above, mine did exactly this and it was the missing valve.. however i would not advise blocking the breather to the telephone hose, i tried this and after about 4 secs my car smoked like crazy, just check the valves are in the t piece and go from there.
    You are right. I thought blocking it only foor some sec to figure out if that is the cause.
    The best would be to disconnect the T piece. And block the one which goes to the inlet.