Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CGB motorsport

all done now, i did the work my self only have compression on one cylinder was lied to by the lad i bought the car off w@nker !!!! bought some parts off cgb, helpfull enough but a lil pricey

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda resurrecting an old post but didn't want to open a new one.
    Bought an item through ebay at 3-11-12. Still haven't received it. It's the 4th time i buy from Cgb. They always come late but not THAT late. Same day bought 2 more iems from UK (one was from gt-turbo-spares) 3 items from US and 2 items from China.
    I received all of them with the chinese items coming last 3 days ago. Cgbs still nothing.

Well after 27 days (a month) i decided to email at Cgb asking if i can actually think of the item as "delayed" after all this time, just asking if it was actually sent to be honest.

Received a kinda cocky responce that maybe Chinese post offices are better than Greek ones.And maybe i should ask at my post office since as from his experience nothing ever actually gets received in Greece.

It's honestly nothing too serious and maybe i'm kinda overreacting but when i send an email asking about the delayed one month and already payed item, as a returning customer too, maybe i expect a bit better manners. Giving me some basic info like when did he sent the item and/or how, a tracking number if possible and a "sorry for the disturbance" even if it's not his fault.
    Am i aksing too much? Also i could take in a racist manner the mentions about my country, like we're chimpanzees or something and nothing works over here.Got tired of this mockery of Greece already.But still i don't take it that way cause i do think it's a overreacting thing to do.

Worst thing is that they never at least the 4 times i bought something from them, mark the items as dispatched in ebay, so you're in the dark if they even sent it and when.

Not trying to actually put a "negative" on this company but i thought i may mention it over here.

Sorry for poor english, here in Greece we study english with cave markings on deep wide caves holding torches with whale oil on them.
    Last edited by s3irios; 01-12-2012 at 02:04.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yassou file mou

I bought some bits from CGB on ebay the other day, I received them within a day of the auction ending, maybe its bad luck?

I lived in Greece for a while & had packages sent over from home, which to be fair used to take upto 2 weeks with the post office.

They should offer a tracking number for international packages though, and shouldn't send you sarcastic emails- you're a paying customer who hasn't received his goods. Keep on at them until you receive it.

Feel sorry for you dude. Hope you get your parts soon!

In the future use Mike @ gt turbo spares. Much better service and prices.

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just email him back and ask him plainly -

When did he send it?
    What service did he use?
    Company he used?
    Tracking number?

If he provides you with all that then you can investiagte further/make a claim if needs be. A month does seem far too long.....

Post Thanks / Like

Morning guys and yassou Topcat ^^

I'm not really that worried yet that i'm not going to receive it, but it's obvious that or he sent it late or he sent it in a package-service which caused some kind of issues with the posting. As i said his packages always come late, but one month?
    In any case the following email responce wind me up like that, not the delay so much.

I do buy items from Mike and not trying to make any kinds of comparing here but he's maybe the kindest trader i've ever dealt with. The issue is that i'm using ebay global not uk cause most items in uk are put up not for international postage, and in global cgb posts far more items that Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

He's really random, sometimes I get stuff really quicky, sometimes I have to hassle him for stuff. I always get it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant fault CGB myself always get a superb service does my a deal each and every time ordered some parts yesterday afternoon recieved them first thing this morning I always find his second hand parts in superb condiiton replys to Emails very quickly and very helpfull it all sounds like luck either way to me chase him up sure they will turn up for you hope you get sorted out..

Post Thanks / Like

The problem lies in international shipping and the way international buyers are treated sometimes too.Since i'm paying for postal expences i think i can kindly demand the item to be sent in decent packet and in decent time.
    As i said i'm honestly not worried at all(yet) for the item not coming. My concern has to do with the quality of service on a rerurning customer.
    When you receive a mail from a returning buyer that the item he bought and payed for one month ago, STILL hasn't got received, you should give some basic info like date u sent it etc plus a friendly -typical mostly- "sorry for the disturbance keep us posted when you receive it". In no case you make fun of the matter in a "i'm bored dude" kind of a way.

Post Thanks / Like

if im honest.. ive never ever had a bad dealing with cgb. always delivered quickly and always seem friendly.. altho not the best in giving advice but i live not so far away and go speak to the mechanic who is full of helpfull advice.

ive never brought from mike but i highly recommend him as speaking to him he will do what he can to help you out and will give you good advice, my next engine rebuild will be done with bits brought from mike purely because ive never heard one bad thing about him...... and he's cheaper

Post Thanks / Like

And that's the answer i receive today.

Hello,
    Sorry - we do not have time to play ebay's games - they keep adding more work for businesses and I would need to pay someone £15,000 a year just to monitor despatched items which would mean prices would need to be increased!!

I did not mean to sound rude, but if we send an item to Greece there is only a 50/50 chance of it arriving unlike Spain, France etc. We lose lots of money sending items to Greece.

We will make a full refund for you.

He still doesn't say a typical sorry for the inconvenience and after a full month and 2 days he refunds me. If they don't want to post items in Greece then don't frommm the begining and state it at ebay auctions.
    I've received monitoring codes for items i bought 1 euro from China.
    I also need to clear that what he says about items being lost and having 50/50 chances of even showing up is inaccurate. Even if i take my purchases as a measurement i've NEVER never lost or not received an item except this time. And believe me i bought a LOT.

Some will say what's your problem he refunded you. Well for those people i have to say they still don't get what i mean.

Embarrasing if you ask me. And i need to state AGAIN that this behaviour is to a returning customer.
    As jar Jar says:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDwQJ64UpFQ

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Surely if the item is lost in transit, you would not refund straight away? That seems to be an admission of guilt?
    If you post to the continent, factor in the cost of insured, tracked parcel - then everyone is covered.

CGB are not going to make money if they just refund, willy nilly.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry for you bud I hate it when things go wrong.. Can you not get the item from the fellow club member and renowned big Mike at gtspares?? Stick with the club I'm sure mike can do better than 50/50..

Post Thanks / Like

@Nottswoody
    Ofcourse i will. As i already said he's one of the kindest traders i've ever dealt with. We're talking some days now about a clock set and he even offered to sent the one he has in his own car that he's 100000% sure is in perfect working order.
    That alone says a lot to me.
    As for his prices and postal times are a-ok.

@Whyte

Well if you overthink about it, it does seem a bit suspicious in a "i totally forgot to send this guys clock oh well fook it" or even "oh sh1t i just sold the one item i had into 3 different buyers, oh well noones gonna notice"

Tbh i just had the money in the debit card and as i was browsing the bay , i stumbled upon the cgb's item and wondered "hey i need that" and just clicked After all that didn't even bother posting a negative or even neutral feedback about cgb in ebay, after all he did refund me even if 1/12 of the year passed before that

Anyways a lesson to be learnt, despite the positive score of a seller you can't blindly put your wallet and your trust to him. Even if it is a misunderstanding, the way he dealt with it is like he didn't even want to bother... A shame really.
    Last edited by s3irios; 06-12-2012 at 02:02.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a wonderful set of Cobra cream leather and alacantra recliners from them off ebay, came straight away cleaned up beautifully. over the moon

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s3irios View Post
    @Nottswoody
    Ofcourse i will. As i already said he's one of the kindest traders i've ever dealt with. We're talking some days now about a clock set and he even offered to sent the one he has in his own car that he's 100000% sure is in perfect working order.
    That alone says a lot to me.
    As for his prices and postal times are a-ok.

@Whyte

Well if you overthink about it, it does seem a bit suspicious in a "i totally forgot to send this guys clock oh well fook it" or even "oh sh1t i just sold the one item i had into 3 different buyers, oh well noones gonna notice"

Tbh i just had the money in the debit card and as i was browsing the bay , i stumbled upon the cgb's item and wondered "hey i need that" and just clicked After all that didn't even bother posting a negative or even neutral feedback about cgb in ebay, after all he did refund me even if 1/12 of the year passed before that

Anyways a lesson to be learnt, despite the positive score of a seller you can't blindly put your wallet and your trust to him. Even if it is a misunderstanding, the way he dealt with it is like he didn't even want to bother... A shame really.
    I have a clock I can sell you, same deal as CGB.

Post Thanks / Like

Same deal exactly? naahhhhhh

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you would get your clock though!

Post Thanks / Like

is it really fair to be slating bob and cgb when they are not on here to defend themselves?

just a thought

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robx1r View Post
    is it really fair to be slating bob and cgb when they are not on here to defend themselves?

just a thought
    He is a member, just don't bother posting....

Post Thanks / Like

ah ok fair enough so,

Post Thanks / Like

Bob is a really nice chap looked after me for years and give me discount but if you don't spend money with him he is not going to give you discount as I have said many times before this is the problem with this site

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

never had a problem with CGB, Bob and Joe are very helpful. They even opened for me on a Sunday as a favour once!
    ..I'll continue to use them each time!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with hi 5 why should people be entitled to a discount for no reason other than they have a 5? i'm not saying anything bad about mike as i have never dealt with him,

i've spent well into 4 digits with bob and the only trouble i've had is a tripod bearing i orderd last month,

no offence ,but the uk overseas postal is a joke at the best of times and its also december so there could be a number of reasons,

bob has helped me out with things over email late at night 10pm kinda thing.

everyone messes up sometime its all about how it is sorted,

as for bobs etiquette, one of the the top tuners here in ireland he has the interpersonal skills of a rabbies infested gerbil but has a heart of gold and would always help customers out

Post Thanks / Like

Don't understand why you overdefend cgb on the wrong matters. i never said they suck in general.
    i clearly stated that they obviously don't care enough for the international buyers. And to be honest i you don't want to or can't sell in a specific country or international in general then DON'T. Why even bother when you say that there is 50/50 chances for the item to arrive. Why at least don't report it in the auctioon page so i know what i'm getting into.
    And i have spent some money on cgb. i bought 3 times well not a generally BIG figures but still.

Also can't get why blame posting services when it is clearly NOT their fault. My item was probably not even shipped.And it wasn't bought December...

Last words for everyone that actually read the topic from the beginning and didn't just rush to the rescue of Cgb.
    You can't behave that way to a returning buyer international or not. You can't act like that AT ALL. You're NOT a good EBAY merchant if you do. I don't know about their local behaviour and i honestly don't care.For the last time i didn't judge them as a company in general but how they act internationally.

Post Thanks / Like

I love bob

Post Thanks / Like

touch wood ive had quite a few bits off bob over the years and never had a problem

Post Thanks / Like

CGB gets my vote everytime. This needs to.be moved to positive feedback!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil W View Post
    I love bob
    I love bob too!

Never had any problems, brought parts years ago and brought a lot of parts over the last couple of months, always turns up next day.

I just think the O.P. was just unlucky and that being sent abroad there always going to be compilations and maybe had a few dishonest people try pull a fast one in the past which never helps when a genuine error happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Not happy with them this week.. Payed Tuesday promised nextday and now it's Saturday.. Usually very good this time not so.. Was told by bob "will call you back" didn't.. Not happy with the service this time around.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought some blue silicon pipes from him, they took 7 weeks to arrive! I rang A few times and told he wud look into it and call back, still waiting for his phone call, but at least the pipes did arrive

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it a Samco pipe? What a lot of suppliers don't tell you is they're normally on back order. I've had this before - very annoying.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Was it a Samco pipe? What a lot of suppliers don't tell you is they're normally on back order. I've had this before - very annoying.
    Yep, make the sale, take the money, make you wait...

I've had it the other way round before, was told 2 weeks and his supplier shipped next day as he was only a middle man. Was chuffed, got feck all to do with cgb but I hope you all enjoyed my story, I have many like it with similar happy endings.