Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: richie evans from bedford

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    So on that basis, you wouldn't buy anything online as you're effectively paying for something on a trust basis that you're gonna receive what's been advertised.

In the same vane, as you'd expect people to trust you if they were to purchase one of the products that you supply. If they didn't, you wouldn't get any business.

Same meat, different gravy.

The bottom line, whatever you want to cut it, is that someone here is owed either his goods or his money back, and Richie, as nice a guy as he is, isn't doing himself any favours by prolonging all this.

FACT I would not pay for anything thats £1400 online. And as a registered business paying VAT and all that schizz yes i would still advise caution buying anything from online. Generally use a visa card or something as that offers you greater protection.

At least buying from a registered business if the whole process fails you have all sorts of aurthoritive bodies looking out for you.

Like i have said I'm hoping you get you r money back Blue Mackay

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Had a text from Richie asking for my address, so hopefully I should see a check for the money he owes me in a few days, fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Kenobi - Despite how much you like this guy, you're digging yourself a whole trying to defend/justify his actions.

Stitching people up within a 'community' as a established member ISN'T just life and certainly DOESN'T lay at fault with the innocent party who has just been shafted. If that were the case then like-minded car enthusiasts wouldn't pay and contribute towards a friendly/helpful club.... they'd just go elsewhere and take more of a risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phase i 16 v turbo View Post
    Had a text from Richie asking for my address, so hopefully I should see a check for the money he owes me in a few days, fingers crossed.
    Hope it gets sorted, Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Supes View Post
    Kenobi - Despite how much you like this guy, you're digging yourself a whole trying to defend/justify his actions.

Stitching people up within a 'community' as a established member ISN'T just life and certainly DOESN'T lay at fault with the innocent party who has just been shafted. If that were the case then like-minded car enthusiasts wouldn't pay and contribute towards a friendly/helpful club.... they'd just go elsewhere and take more of a risk.
    Wasnt defending his actions just saying I liked him. I do. Also trying to make people aware that this community doesnt give people automatic trustworthyness (hmm is that a word)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi View Post
    Wasnt defending his actions just saying I liked him.
    I understood you liked him, it just seemed that the latter part of your post attempted to excuse him because "he'll come good in the end and if he doesn't it's your fault for trusting a stranger".

If this wasn't your intention, I take back my post.

I do. Also trying to make people aware that this community doesnt give people automatic trustworthyness (hmm is that a word)
    I think most peeps (noobies and locals) appreciate that nothing is 'guaranteed', but there HAS to be an element of 'trust' involved within a community, especially when dealing with an established member... because this wasn't a case of someone buying from a new poster where 'trust' would be at the forefront of the transaction.

Post Thanks / Like

I understood you liked him, it just seemed that the latter part of your post attempted to excuse him because "he'll come good in the end and if he doesn't it's your fault for trusting a stranger".

If this wasn't your intention, I take back my post.

I think most peeps (noobies and locals) appreciate that nothing is 'guaranteed', but there HAS to be an element of 'trust' involved within a community, especially when dealing with an established member... because this wasn't a case of someone buying from a new poster where 'trust' would be at the forefront of the transaction.

Yes but established member or not (not refering specifically to Richie) RTOC bears no responsibility for the lads money, nor will it be able to help get those funds back. Do you see my point? I mean yeah i will trust anyone with £50 but anything over £100 and im like "right be cautious here" To trust someone with £1400 is bizarre. It is though isnt it? Im not saying these crims (not refering to Bedfordbumboy) aren't to blame for ripping people off, im just saying If you walk through dark parks at night wearing only lipstick and knickers, well, you may get raped.
    Last edited by Kenobi; 09-12-2009 at 08:36.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but established member or not (not refering specifically to Richie) RTOC bears no responsibility for the lads money, nor will it be able to help get those funds back. Do you see my point? I mean yeah i will trust anyone with £50 but anything over £100 and im like "right be cautious here" To trust someone with £1400 is bizarre. It is though isnt it? Im not saying these crims (not refering to Bedfordbumboy) aren't to blame for ripping people off, im just saying If you walk through dark parks at night wearing only lipstick and knickers, well, you may get raped.
    how much more are you going to slate me???
    bizzare????
    you must live a very sheltered life my friend!!!

enough

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

With Richie, it seems we all did our homework and also listened to other long standing members, hence the trust was placed in him. I hope as you state, he is cr*p with money and it will all get sorted out. With Christmas round the corner I would like my money back for the goods he has had.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Richie was a well respected member on here, and did alot of work for people on here. I don't think anyone would of guessed that he would "do a runner so to speak". I bought things from him in the past with no problems and has always offered me sound advice. I wish he would come on here and explain his actions, as this is just not on. I realy hope blue and mike get there money back as soon as possible. If this doesn't happen, I'd like to think a few of us could donate a few parts to help blue out? Because £1400 is a very large amount of money to lose. What do people think? It would show the true rtoc spirit.

Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't matter whether Blue Mac paid Richie £1400 or £14, the principle is still the same - If he can't come up with the goods, refund the money. Simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    It doesn't matter whether Blue Mac paid Richie £1400 or £14, the principle is still the same - If he can't come up with the goods, refund the money. Simple.

Yes totally agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue mackay View Post
    how much more are you going to slate me???
    bizzare????
    you must live a very sheltered life my friend!!!

enough

Quite the oposite of sheltered. Hense why I would NOT trust anyone with £1400.

Anyway my point isnt aimed solely at you and im not trying to Dis you Blue i just want people to be aware the RTOC membership doesnt mean your deal is safe and RTOC can do very little about messers.

Anyway hope you get sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quite the oposite of sheltered. Hense why I would NOT trust anyone with £1400.

Anyway my point isnt aimed solely at you and im not trying to Dis you Blue i just want people to be aware the RTOC membership doesnt mean your deal is safe and RTOC can do very little about messers.

Anyway hope you get sorted.
    no probs kenobi,i understand what your saying but in life there has to be a bit of trust if not the world would not go round,everything we do in life revolves round some sort of trust money or not,again just because he is an rtoc member doesnt mean he is an angel i agree.
    i am not an idiot i had done substantial investigation into richie and he was well quoted!

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that you do get your money back, if Richie has done what you have said then thats totally out of order! Why is he not responding to this thread I wonder....???

Post Thanks / Like

no probs kenobi,i understand what your saying but in life there has to be a bit of trust if not the world would not go round,everything we do in life revolves round some sort of trust money or not,again just because he is an rtoc member doesnt mean he is an angel i agree.
    i am not an idiot i had done substantial investigation into richie and he was well quoted!

Yeah man, when you looked into Richie you would have seen him going nuts saying BAN BAN BAN ScamB. So i can see why you would trust someone so obvioulsy disgusted with people ripping people off.

Like I said i have a bit of trust in everyone on the planet, upto £50.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick one, how was the money paid to Richie?

Is there a record of this money?

Paypal? Bank Transfer? Credit card?

If there is a reversal procedure, do it.

If the money came from a credit card speak to them today.

Put some action in place now to have the money returned.

I would say it would be fair to contact relevant authorities now, then whilst Richie is sorting it out, you yourself are also going down avenues to recover said debt.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

How come this keeps happening? Brings back those happy days of the god who was mike spencer!! I used to do a lot of work for people on the 5s, when Richie popped up on the scene, not far from me, i kept hearing he was cheaper! I backed off as i wasnt going to skimp on quality to make money due to the nature of the beast. Met him and he seemed ok, bit sure of himself, but a decent lad. £1400 wuld build a beast of an engine. Give it to me and ill do it! There have been very few people who have ripped people off but they are out there and unfortunately they get away with it. Ring him and tell him how it is! If someone owed me that much money id make dam sure it got sorted. Threats of violence will not get it back and may get you in more trouble. Hope all gets sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay28 View Post
    How come this keeps happening? Brings back those happy days of the god who was mike spencer!! I used to do a lot of work for people on the 5s, when Richie popped up on the scene, not far from me, i kept hearing he was cheaper! I backed off as i wasnt going to skimp on quality to make money due to the nature of the beast. Met him and he seemed ok, bit sure of himself, but a decent lad. £1400 wuld build a beast of an engine. Give it to me and ill do it! There have been very few people who have ripped people off but they are out there and unfortunately they get away with it. Ring him and tell him how it is! If someone owed me that much money id make dam sure it got sorted. Threats of violence will not get it back and may get you in more trouble. Hope all gets sorted.

Anyone got any ladies boots for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

RTOC Classifieds Use & Disclaimer
    1. The items being sold are not the responsibility of the Renault Turbo Owners Club.
    2. This facility is provided as a free of charge service and no guarantees are made about any of the items advertised.
    3. If you are interested in buying any of the items advertised, please contact the seller directly.
    4. The Club does not accept any responsibility for any problems which may occur with any of the items advertised for sale here, nor the accuracy of the text of the advertisements.
    5. We recommend you give feedback, good or bad for both the seller & buyer.
    6. As a guide, three complaints and your permission to use the classifieds for posted adds will be withdrawn. The club has the right to withdraw permission even after one complaint.

Thing is, we would like to trust... but there will always be a rotten egg a theif, a no good horrible person who has no respect for others hard earnings.

I blame Tony Blair.

This is an apauling state of affairs... but in truth not the clubs fault or doing as they provide a service for us to use, some choose then to abuse it.

They can only send a pm etc but that does not get your money back.

Keep your hands clean blue mac. Things are sent to try and test us... you my friend are being tested.. keep it clean and nice and it will sort its self out... Just know that you are a better person than him, also you have respect for others... this retrobate does not.

Post Thanks / Like

can i ask is there anyone thats in the club,that lives near by thats willling to go round to richies door to see whats going on for me???

if there is it would be really appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

can i ask is there anyone thats in the club,that lives near by thats willling to go round to richies door to see whats going on for me???

if there is it would be really appreciated
    I will find out the score 2moz mate if I can.

Post Thanks / Like

is there a receipt of this transaction? or any of the transactions? get the police involved hes had his chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    is there a receipt of this transaction? or any of the transactions? get the police involved hes had his chance.
    hi there kenobi and carcrash,yes it was all paid via paypal,i have called paypal they can not do anything,ive been leaving it going to the police as was wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt,but now im going down this road what ever they can do i do not know??? but will be going and seeing him,i have kept all txt messages assuring me that i was getting my money all paypal transactions are logged also

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant believe im seeing this, last year he gave alot of stink about being ripped off. Whats going on with members anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

mart's post's really are dissappearing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nayls View Post
    mart's post's really are dissappearing!!!
    Not just his posts, Mart himself vanished last week

Post Thanks / Like

hi there kenobi and carcrash,yes it was all paid via paypal,i have called paypal they can not do anything,ive been leaving it going to the police as was wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt,but now im going down this road what ever they can do i do not know??? but will be going and seeing him,i have kept all txt messages assuring me that i was getting my money all paypal transactions are logged also

Seriously go down all channels to resolve this. Police is just one. It shouldnt bother RICHIE if he is genuine. You can go citizens advice and get free legal aids to take him to court. Anyway like i said RICHIE wont mind as im sure he can Either A) Send you a photo of this engine he has built. (on my Engine stand I want back) or B) photo himself withdrawing £1400 from the HSBC or his bank statement showing he has the money still. (I know hes only just come back from 3 week holiday to Mexico)

If neither of those things are sent to you, you have no other option but to start the process of claiming against him.

RICHIE will sort you out, but just incase get all this down on paper and go see a solicitor or summat.

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously go down all channels to resolve this. Police is just one. It shouldnt bother RICHIE if he is genuine. You can go citizens advice and get free legal aids to take him to court. Anyway like i said RICHIE wont mind as im sure he can Either A) Send you a photo of this engine he has built. (on my Engine stand I want back) or B) photo himself withdrawing £1400 from the HSBC or his bank statement showing he has the money still. (I know hes only just come back from 3 week holiday to Mexico)

If neither of those things are sent to you, you have no other option but to start the process of claiming against him.

RICHIE will sort you out, but just incase get all this down on paper and go see a solicitor or summat.
    the engine stand, he was going to give to me that????
    whats he like!
    he was going to send it up on the pallet with the engine,and thats no word of a lie his very own words (another lie oh yes) he said that he would not be needing it again????

if he was going to sort it out he would have done it by now,he would of answered his phone by now!!!
    the amount of messages i have regarding richie from various members stating they have been bumped by him also is unreal,and i dont think thats just coincidence.

yeah i am going to be taking these actions,will be pulling all plugs out as i aint going to let him get away with this.

so he was on holiday?
    that was over 2months ago though i thought that was another story!!

Post Thanks / Like

the engine stand, he was going to give to me that????
    whats he like!
    he was going to send it up on the pallet with the engine,and thats no word of a lie his very own words (another lie oh yes) he said that he would not be needing it again????

if he was going to sort it out he would have done it by now,he would of answered his phone by now!!!
    the amount of messages i have regarding richie from various members stating they have been bumped by him also is unreal,and i dont think thats just coincidence.

yeah i am going to be taking these actions,will be pulling all plugs out as i aint going to let him get away with this.

so he was on holiday?
    that was over 2months ago though i thought that was another story!!
    I wonder if his Holiday cost him £1400?

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if his Holiday cost him £1400?

exactly what i started thinking when he told me he was in mexico for 3 weeks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

exactly what i started thinking when he told me he was in mexico for 3 weeks!!!

If i where you I would say "right im coming to collect this engine regardless of how far you have got"

If he has no engine to show for your money then his Holiday should have been put on hold until he could afford to go in my opinion. If he has no money for you then its obvious he has took your money spent it on a holiday and basically done you over.

I would like to think that has not happened. However with out respose from Richie i kinda think it has.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

His silence kind of proves what everyone is saying! Go and see him, see exactly what he has done with the engine, what bits hes got for it and any receipts for bits. If there is no sign then it looks like MS motorsport has rissen from the flames in the form of another honest area rep!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay28 View Post
    His silence kind of proves what everyone is saying! Go and see him, see exactly what he has done with the engine, what bits hes got for it and any receipts for bits. If there is no sign then it looks like MS motorsport has rissen from the flames in the form of another honest area rep!
    well guys thats me off-shore tmoz for the next 30 days,as soon as im back im jumping in the van and coming down to see what the hell is going on

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted and good luck mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted and good luck mate.

will do guys
    cheers and all the best for xmas and new year

Post Thanks / Like

So the engine stand was your's Kenobi? I was promised that too with the parts I got from him.

Going to his house doesn't work, tried it about 6 times and he'll never be in, even when he aranges to meet you there.

And donating parts to Blue's engine... Richie should have a good few parts to get started with. I'll never see them again so they might as well get used somewhere.

I got on well with Richie before, even helped him build an engine for a member (A Lad in Wales with a Raider, can't remember the name) and heard all about the SamB fiasco.
    But he's let himself down big time now.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

just read through this post disgusted. going round to his house 6 times no answer? blue this is a joke mate a year? guys giving you all the excuses because you live a bit away? get you'r arse down there. untill someone came not condoning violence here. but if the guys spent you'r cash and can't give you it back i'm sure he could give you a load of his spares to try and recover some of the debt owed or his motor? really hope you get this sorted because through reading different posts richie did seem like a decent guy.

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope you sort this out, i keep checking this thread but i really think you have lost the cash mate. Hope it gets sorted

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Think some of these posts need to be edited

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris5sco View Post
    just read through this post disgusted. going round to his house 6 times no answer? blue this is a joke mate a year? guys giving you all the excuses because you live a bit away? get you'r arse down there. untill someone came not condoning violence here. but if the guys spent you'r cash and can't give you it back i'm sure he could give you a load of his spares to try and recover some of the debt owed or his motor? really hope you get this sorted because through reading different posts richie did seem like a decent guy.
    i know fella,i cant say anything about violence
    i have to be selective on what i say for certain reasons,but i will not let it lye thats one thing!!!!!

i have cards up my sleeve,mr richie evans from "55g shakespeare rd" is trying to play a game with me which aint going down to well!!
    the thing that i have learnt is to bide my time....

Post Thanks / Like

Mate, just go round and tow his car away... should work as a good security deposit.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate, just go round and tow his car away... should work as a good security deposit.

I done this to an old boss who owed me money and I even took them to the small claims court and won the case and still did not show up or even pay up so I got a friend of mine to go round with a vehicle that lifts all 4 wheels off the groud and places it on the low loader, dropped by the police station on the way to tell them what I had done and that I had not stolen the vehicle but taken it due to being owed money and they didn`t do or say anything as they classed it as a civil matter. Come 8am I had the man on the phone saying her had cash waiting to pay me so returned the vehicle after he had handed over the cash

job done

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't he sell up for a Clio v6?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Didn't he sell up for a Clio v6?
    Nope not what i've heard., something else is there now.

I've kept out of this as i know Rich but also can't believe what he's done/doing.

Post Thanks / Like

sold to cgb, the shell is on ebay

Post Thanks / Like

From what I heard CGB bob bought his car and all his spares.

His car is deffo not his anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5 rich View Post
    I done this to an old boss who owed me money and I even took them to the small claims court and won the case and still did not show up or even pay up so I got a friend of mine to go round with a vehicle that lifts all 4 wheels off the groud and places it on the low loader, dropped by the police station on the way to tell them what I had done and that I had not stolen the vehicle but taken it due to being owed money and they didn`t do or say anything as they classed it as a civil matter. Come 8am I had the man on the phone saying her had cash waiting to pay me so returned the vehicle after he had handed over the cash

job done

Fair play.

It's just a shame that there's scumbags out there that push you to do things like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so I know, what is RICHIE's company called?

I'll be staying well clear and putting out the word that he's a wrongun.

Post Thanks / Like

Just so I know, what is RICHIE's company called?

I'll be staying well clear and putting out the word that he's a wrongun.

He doesnt have a company.