Post Thanks / Like

449 Paint....

I've just ordered a rattle can of 449 paint from Renault I thought you could'nt get it anymore. It was the last can in the country thro!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 449 Paint....

What are you going to spray with it ? Big Steve's bollocks ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Mmmmmmm!? No The clio rear arch is starting to go so time to attack it, Technically the clio 1 phase 2 is 442 paint and thats unavalible would you believe!! so its 449. hardly notice the difference to be fair.

Post Thanks / Like

I need some for the 21's rear .....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    Mmmmmmm!? No The clio rear arch is starting to go so time to attack it, Technically the clio 1 phase 2 is 442 paint and thats unavalible would you believe!! so its 449. hardly notice the difference to be fair.
    people talking of no 449 432 etc talk poo go to any decent paint supply shop and they will put any colour in world in a can for you probably a lot cheaper than renault too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    people talking of no 449 432 etc talk poo
    Erm, that's the Renault code. So are you also saying that people who quote Renault's part number (77 00 727 482) for an oil filter (for example) are also "talking poo", as they can go to "any decent" motor factors and get one?

Post Thanks / Like

No, not the same thing at all .It will have a RedGreenBlue reference . He is saying that any paint guy worth their salt will be able to match it ....including the 20 year fade if they have the right kit

Post Thanks / Like

lol 449 always causes discussion I'm sure when mr renault paint man put it together he did a million different shades just to confuse people!

I remember the guy in halfrauds swearing blind that it didn't have a pearl in it then his face dropped when the pc said it did!

Post Thanks / Like

No, not the same thing at all .It will have a RedGreenBlue reference . He is saying that any paint guy worth their salt will be able to match it ....including the 20 year fade if they have the right kit
    I know that any good paint guy will be able to match the colour, but if you go to Renault the code for that colour is 449, according to them. In the same way that the code for an oil filter is 77 00 727 482. Those codes might not mean much to another supplier, but they are what you need at Renault.

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't compare 449 with a part number since 449 is not unique to one paint, there are several shades, some with more or less pearl, etc. 449 in a paint shop gets you a bunch of colour chips to choose from.

Post Thanks / Like

That's not the right code for the oil filters on either of my Renault turbos
    And one of them is 449 ....but it's not a Raider

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofcourse, that changes if Renault is able to cross-reference 449 with your car's year of manufacture, or oval plate number to give you the right paint. I suspect they wont, unlike Mazda, who were able to give me the exact code for my paint over the phone from only my registration number the other month when a fat man in a hi-viz with an IQ of 60 drove his excavator into the side of my car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    You can't compare 449 with a part number since 449 is not unique to one paint, there are several shades, some with more or less pearl, etc. 449 in a paint shop gets you a bunch of colour chips to choose from.
    I know that there are different variants, but that is the Renault code that's on the car. If you went into Renault and asked for some paint for your Raider, what's the likely question that they're going to ask you (apart from what's a Raider )? What's the code on the vin plate?

And I know that 449 in a paint shop won't give you that colour. That's the point I'm trying to make

Post Thanks / Like

That's not the right code for the oil filters on either of my Renault turbos
    And one of them is 449 ....but it's not a Raider
    Ahh, but Lee, we all REALLY know that this is the gtt owners club

Post Thanks / Like

Aiiii ,aiii seen seen ,west side and all that .......
    Ain't you got a job to go to

Post Thanks / Like

Ain't you got a job to go to
    Not until zee morning

Or shall I go on strike?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    Not until zee morning

Or shall I go on strike?

Is there any difference ??

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any difference ??
    With the round I'm doing tomorrow, there's not much

Post Thanks / Like

theres 3 shades of 449 on my colour chips im my works shop and we make up rattle cans about £12 each, also make up tins of what ever amount you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr white View Post
    theres 3 shades of 449 on my colour chips im my works shop and we make up rattle cans about £12 each, also make up tins of what ever amount you want.
    can you make up cans of 2k? my mate used to work at partco and i used to get 2pac made up and put into aerosol cans.... its awesome stuff, i've still got a can from about 2 years ago and it still sprays ok even though its activated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post
    I know that there are different variants, but that is the Renault code that's on the car. If you went into Renault and asked for some paint for your Raider, what's the likely question that they're going to ask you (apart from what's a Raider )? What's the code on the vin plate?

And I know that 449 in a paint shop won't give you that colour. That's the point I'm trying to make
    Quicky brush aside 10 years plus of working within the paint and body work industry. Every car in the world has a paint code, some under the bonnet, some in the door shut and some in the boot. If cars did not have this system you would be pissing in the wind every time you tryed to repair a car. Some codes have a few diffrent shades but they are never a million miles apart so if your good enough and blend it properly you will never see the diffrence. If your painting single components like mirrors bumpers etc its more important to select the right shade which is where colour chips come in. All these diffrent shades came about because the machines used in the factorys always had to paint more than one colour hence why you have lighter shades machine may had painted silver before green shade, blue shade etc. Anyway back to the codes 449 is called renault sports blue and its the same colour that all the williams clios were painted except some really late two's and the three's that were painted monaco blue 432 I believe. The 21's and all of the Raiders were painted 449 sports blue.

If its got 449 on the plate under the bonnet which colour do you think the painter will mix up? Your not going to phone the dealer every time you want to mix a colour just to check, you would look like a right idiot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    can you make up cans of 2k? my mate used to work at partco and i used to get 2pac made up and put into aerosol cans.... its awesome stuff, i've still got a can from about 2 years ago and it still sprays ok even though its activated
    The cans I have had mixed up in the past have always gone off the next day, I would be worried if they still going. Has the can got a little plunger on the bottom?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rs250nut View Post
    The cans I have had mixed up in the past have always gone off the next day, I would be worried if they still going. Has the can got a little plunger on the bottom?
    i'm not sure, i think its ppg deltron paint its just glacier white covers well and dries ok. i'm sure its 2k as that what he used to make up, plus its got the 'smell'

Post Thanks / Like

my friend has a blue st focas , and there was 4 shades of that blue for the car and thats on a new 2008 car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac trasher - Nick View Post
    Bugger!! its 432. That might be avalible Error..........