Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big UP the National Day Thank You!

well here are my tyres, the car started feeling loose on corners so i pitted. and checked the tyres but it was too late and could have been a nasty accident.
    i have a lovely flat spot from locking a wheel whilst avoiding emmas car after a spin. but the tyres were dead before this and it was the final straw for them, but i did get around 150 laps in according to mileage.
    my lesson was learned. always check tyres before each session thoroughly. i only looked at outside indicators and they looked fine and i didnt see the insides were dead
    fronts were down through the wire on the drivers right.

rears were heavily worn too.

Last edited by car.crash; 28-09-2008 at 15:59.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minty83 View Post
    lol that must have been when i got blacked flagged and was pulling into the pits
    ure fast but not that fast

Post Thanks / Like

I was impressed with some of the speed the 5's and clios were doing round the track - loving the pmt clio Adey, would have loved a shot - next time gadget!

Really wanted a play with Ales in his CSL but kept missing each other on track, same happened at Snetterton on Monday (although I was in the garage for 3hrs fixing a broken actuator)

Think next year at the same track would be brilliant - was going soooooo much faster at the end of the day once I bypassed the ABS and learned to drive around the rear toe out twitch lol - even soe mild drifts going on - tyres are shot also 225/45/17's are just sooo much more than the VAG 5's 195/50/15's were lol

Maybe next year I will jsut do a few laps with everyone who wants to go out?

James Surridge got way too much time out and got WAY too excited LOL think he liked it!

Post Thanks / Like

Had an absolutely awesome weekend, thanks to the Committee for arranging a spot on show for us and for the members for being such a giggle.

Was great seeing some old faces and meeting a lot of new ones. A special big up should also go out to our French friends for travelling out that way and for providing some very odd/strong/probably-should-be-illegal alcohol too.

Thank you to everyone who took me out as a passenger, it was muchly appreciated and I hope I was a good co-pilot in the shiny red helmet that made me look like a sore penis

Ps - Stu/Ashy/Jaffa/Ambrose....can Tricky and I be honourary Northerners please and teach me how to build a fire out of pallets?

Fave quotes:
    FOOK ME!! WHERE DID ME FOOKIN LEG HAIR GOOOOO?!
    Didge-TUH-Doooooo!

Post Thanks / Like

Well finally bodged the water system in the end, so got it going got about 10 miles into the journey and then started loosing oil, the engine mount which snapped, went through the water jacket and into the oil system.

got home just after 11. Big thanks to every1 that helped and lent me some tools and an even bigger thanks for the people who organised the day. brilliant
    you snapped an engine mount which one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by raj View Post
    you snapped an engine mount which one?
    it was the front vag mount, actually it was the bracket o.e part as well not a custom so not to bad, looked like a knife from the shape of it then it went throught the alloy sandwich plate, no good!

Post Thanks / Like

lol adey where did you get your helmet net from?

Post Thanks / Like

have some fotage to put up in the next few days. minty hope its no to bad to fix.

Post Thanks / Like

lol adey where did you get your helmet net from?
    its a trs one i purchased it from a place called powerstation in tewksbury

Post Thanks / Like

have they got a web page mate?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutly brilliant weekend great to see all the usual suspects and meet some new people aswell

The track time was brilliant, the 5 didnt miss a beat all day

Just blown my driveshaft up 5 miles from hiome so off to collect another from a local (ish) member !!

Post Thanks / Like

have they got a web page mate?
    http://www.powerstation.org.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    its a trs one i purchased it from a place called powerstation in tewksbury
    http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...&brandCode=all
    found it 42+ vat that what it cost you if you dont mind me asking

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/produc...&brandCode=all
    found it 42+ vat that what it cost you if you dont mind me asking
    pmd

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a good weekend, shame none of my 5's could make it, the clio diesel is fun on track but not exactly a track car.

Good to see the normal faces, meet new people.

Cant wait for ND09,

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Great weekend, great weather, great racing and fantastic crack

The 5 did me proud, had a bit of a scare when she threw the aux belt and blew the expansion tank cap!! I really thought we were on fire (again) when the smoke started to poor through the vents and fill the cabin!!! Found that I've lost the rear gearbox mount too so the journey home was at a steady pace

Can't wait for next year now

P.S. Dawn I'm suprised you can remember much of what was said... You were slightly out of it

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Ashy, I'd only had one shot from that skittles Vodka bottle I was carrying around and I was one of the few that don't smoke the reefa. I was far worse on Friday night thanks to the French guys and their odd foreign alcohol . You guys were excellent hosts to us though after we randomly wandered over to say ello
    Last edited by D4WNO; 28-09-2008 at 17:07.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great weekend, good to see new faces & the regulars

Bit gutted that i only had 2 sessions out in the van before it started smoking like the red arrows thanks to the sump leaking on the exhaust, thixo & breather mods needed by the looks of things. Corners alright for a van anyway

Id like to say thanks to Kris M, Paul B & Carcrash for the passenger rides, all excellent made the day for me

Also thanks to the fire starters for keeping us warm lastnight & trying to burn my leghairs off with the heat

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Me.....just need to edit them.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Top couple days as usual, great meeting up with the usuals but also meeting up with some new people, including the French lot for coming over this way for the 3 days.

Some great cars which turned up to the event always nice seeing originals plus the modified.

Thanx to Bruce, Adey and Jesus for a trip around the track in their cars. Bruce was a slightly scary one but glad survived in one piece after the blow out. Adey that car is mad, 100mph around that top bend, guess im going to have to invest in some 888s. as the t1rs could only hold 80 round there, then again not the best suspension in the world on the cab.

Hope I didn't scare the people I took round, Jesus you recovered yet? Also think Beardo is hooked on tracked days.

Cheers Steve for allowing me to drive you car, thats definately an experience I wont forget for a while, that car just accelerates so smoothly you dont realise what speed your doing till you look at the digital display.

Shame about today though, was looking forward to seeing the racing however rain just spoilt it.

Cheers to all those involved in organising it and all the rest which turned up.

Post Thanks / Like

Have uploaded the pics the mrs took to the gallery, if anybody wants the original sized hiigh res (3008x2000) give me a pm

Post Thanks / Like

well thats me just home and i left at 11 am. had a good weekend so thanks all.
    cheers to barry for taking me round in the vx. it was very
    sorry to who ever it was that i gave a blast of the horn to around scotch corner. i coulnd stop so hope you got back ok.

Post Thanks / Like

First post!

A BIG thanks to Chris and all who made the National day possible...

Was great to get the coupe back out on the track where it belongs...

If anyone has any pics of it I'd love to see them as I've not got many of it in action...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well what can i say , i'm home after a "slow " lift from the t cup driving god tricky i had a brilliant weekend and was great to lose my track day virginity (all be it in a 19 convertible !!! ) Was great to see old friends and meet new friends and i can't wait for the next track day !

Comment of ND08 has to be " feed the pony "!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreelybro View Post
    First post!

A BIG thanks to Chris and all who made the National day possible...

Was great to get the coupe back out on the track where it belongs...

If anyone has any pics of it I'd love to see them as I've not got many of it in action...
    Sure Dave has a load of you in action on track will get back to you after I have confirmed

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Grier View Post
    Sure Dave has a load of you in action on track will get back to you after I have confirmed
    Brilliant!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep his has a load of you on track will confirm how many and get back to yourself asap

Post Thanks / Like

Due to my camera mount not working in the vx I did not get any video footage did anyone get any of me going round that I could have? Especially towards the end of the day when I let the vx rear play a bit on the hairpin alos any pics of it flaming would be nice

Got 159 pics of the car from Dave doing the photos but never got a flame shot

Mine was the black vx with the black wheels and rear wing
    I kept seeing that going round the track, proper ripped, sounded awsome. I didn't realise it was you until Mart got in the car with you and it looked like an adult trying to fit into one of those play mobil's kids use

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome weekend!
    Just got back, unpacked a bag of bits from the AA truck that once was a 5lag, started the video upload of the (very fecking) close shave with T-cup and read this thread-

AdamL, that was soooo funny on friday night, the weirdest **** was going down over at that pub, with allsorts of odd looking pissed up locals wandering around in bandanas and facial hair then you turn up in the rover and we were like, here come the doggers, it was the final straw for lomo, he was on his knees with laughter. Nice to meet you fella

Dawn, No, not until you learn that it's pronounced 'didgery t'doo'. You and Mr Tricky to the T-cup grass tracking rude boy get your hot ass's t'Leeds for a night out and we'll have you fluant in't Yorkshire in no time lass

And to everyone else, hello and thank you for understanding

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I do believe that the RTOC National Days get better every year!!!

Another fantastic couple of days with a cracking bunch of mates & the opportunity to drive like a LOON also!!

Really enjoyed driving the Clio on the track & believe that the 15 hours to change the clutch 2 days before the event was worth it as it didn't miss a beat all day!!

Very impressed with the way Millie handled it on the track having been only the second time she drove the car and her first time on the track!! Think she could be the new Sabine Schnmidt in time!! Well done!

Hope the people that had a ride/drive of the Clio enjoyed it? Thanks for your feedback & thoughts on it, i've got lots planned for that little fighter in time!

Special mention goes to Chief Inspector Tricky of the Thames Valley Police for not only inducting me into the Interceptor club with a ride round the track but then allowing me to graduate from the Police driving school with a few laps driving the Beast itself!!! Popped my drifting cherry on the hairpin under close inspection from the Cheif himself!!
    That car is AWSOME!

Some wonderful looking cars there including the Black 5GTT Parked next to my Raider (a shine 9 miles deep!) & the 4 French cars - fantastic!! Loved the way each one of you guys had the Clio Williams Speedline's modified to your own colour/polish? Definately gives me some ideas!!

Roll on ND 2009 & Mallory gets my vote next year!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine was the black vx with the black wheels and rear wing*
    *Folia Tec Ironing Board

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    *Folia Tec Ironing Board
    halfords ripspeed special pmsl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuTHC View Post
    .....started the video upload of the (very fecking) close shave with T-cup and read this thread-
    I can't wait to see that on "the big screen". That was waaaayyyyyyyyy too close

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Cracking weekend, and what a way to spend my birthday. It was good to meet up with everyone again, as it always is. T-Cup didn't do many miles on track, but seeing as that's the first time it's been run in 18 odd months, it did ok (especially with Tricky managing to avoid Stu's car the way he did).

Massive, MASSIVE thanks to everyone involved with the weekend. From the organisers, to every club member who made the effort to attend what was, imo, the best National Day to date.

And I think a special thanks should go out to Renault themselves, for turning up and getting involved with our Nat' Day for the first time. Lets hope this is just the start. And of course that thanks is to Paul B as well, for persuading them to come along

Roll on 2K9.

Post Thanks / Like

The more expensive one, the £199 job

Post Thanks / Like

come on peeps get the vids up, was watching the tricky/stu uber close shave from the bank, i honestly thought both of them cars were guna be bent and the drivers woulda had ass holes the size of the moon

Post Thanks / Like

i had loads of video footage but unfortinatly dan deleted it by accident, but he has managed to save 1 video where a clio locks up infront of me, once i receive a copy i will post it up, not sure how long it is as the battery on the camera died aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stuTHC View Post

AdamL, that was soooo funny on friday night, the weirdest **** was going down over at that pub, with allsorts of odd looking pissed up locals wandering around in bandanas and facial hair then you turn up in the rover and we were like, here come the doggers, it was the final straw for lomo, he was on his knees with laughter. Nice to meet you fella
    Stu, I had no idea where I was going. I slammed my brakes on, when I got to the campsite, as a joke and slid a couple of feet, when I got to the gang of southeners and my wing mirror fell off. I don't think anyone realised it was me until I stepped out of the car.

They loved the wagon of love. nice to meet you too, mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schakal View Post
    i bumped into them around town while i was busy getting lost ,
    assuming they were going to mallory park .ended up finding the way for the lot of us
    they told me they have been camping with rtoc ,so i guess someone from the camp
    crew can give more info on that .
    i also remember seeing the addy of their website/forum on one of the cars
    but cant remember what it was

www.gt-turbo.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    come on peeps get the vids up, was watching the tricky/stu uber close shave from the bank, i honestly thought both of them cars were guna be bent and the drivers woulda had ass holes the size of the moon

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthrea...=8588#post8588

Post Thanks / Like

I remember Rich coming back in and saying he'd been off, I didn't realise it was from that

Post Thanks / Like

The ND's do get better as each year passes.

Badical weekend, badical location, badical weather, and best of all, badical people. If I was comparing it to throwing darts, it would be 180 every time.

Such a good time, such a good laugh(s), and from what I could pick up on, such a good atmosphere all round.

Hats off to Miller for making this year's ND all of the above.

I heard my name being mentioned in the AGM (feckers! ) but due to 'baby' sitting (thanks Al...), I couldn't make it over there. That might sound like a load of pony, but it is the truth. Hey, I know I whinge on now & then but it's only because I have passion for the club & all things rtoc related - I probably wouldn't have had much to say at the AGM anyway...well, maybe

The 100% trackday safety record took a wee bit of a hammering (so that'll teach me for opening my big trap before an event), but for sure I think it's fair to say the good track vibe easily outweighed the bad.

I hope that same vibe continues & is present in 3 weeks time at the 'Ring

For sure though, Mallory certainly gets my vote for ND 2009.

Beautiful

Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Big thanks to Miller & the team for organising such a fabulous ND, even the weather was great for us (can't say the weather in the evening was quite the same though!!)
    I certainly would love to go back next year for the ND!

I had a really fun time driving on track in Big Steve's VAG Clio (thank you Fiance! ) and as it was my first time I didn't think I did too bad! Can't wait to drive on track again now
    Thanks also to the peeps who took me out as a passenger.

Well done to everyone who won trophies (especially Big Steve..awww I'm sooo proud )

Post Thanks / Like

Oh... Who was the TK look a like (Gary Barlow) with the BMW 535? I collapsed all over his table on Friday night, after having too much to drink

He said he was from Cumbria... Then I fell all over Colin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
    Oh... Who was the TK look a like (Gary Barlow) with the BMW 535? I collapsed all over his table on Friday night, after having too much to drink

v8andy i think, or captain arrogant who wouldnt move out the way for anyone! i had a 20 min video of being stuck behind him with markey mark on corners then he would sit on the racing line on the straight.

Post Thanks / Like

That was V8Andy. Its all about Korn and those crazy scottish people screaming their heads off

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, well, I don't know him. But I definatley made a good impression. I didn't actually realise how drunk I was until I completley fell arse over tit when I stood up, oh well...

I just remembered, I pushed some bird over when I got outside, the lady's man is coming through... I'm sorry about that.

Who was she? some blonde bird. There was two blokes with her and they were just laughing at me playing around.

Post Thanks / Like

well, what a fantastic national day, hats off to all who organised it and how do you top that next year......
    thanks to Jesus , we had pea soup fog followed quickly by burn my baldy head sunshine, top work..LOL..

shame my old girl blew a hose in the last session....155 miles on track on 2 and a bit tanks of fuel...good girl I say...

thats over 2 years of track abuse so about time she has some TLC now.....

Loved gerrards....what a corner.....but then again the whole track was fun....who else was shouting "more power"..LOL

had a great time and will get some footage up as soon as I can..

Had a call from Chris from Renault......he was so impressed he wants to build a 5 track car for next year...hows that for a compliment

cheers to all who i got say hello to or took out in the 9,.....I am still smiling now..

Clee, was good to see you smiling again, you have been through the mill but I hope it was all worth it...sounded ACE

woop woop 2009

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriC View Post
    Yep.. Great day. Nice to meet a few new people.. Not sure some people actually knew who I was when I introduced myself though.. 'Os8472' in particular
    Still don't know who the hell you are lol

It was a great F**kin day, top work and has to be repeated next year

Post Thanks / Like

I just remembered, I pushed some bird over when I got outside, the lady's man is coming through... I'm sorry about that.
    Do you wanna be my best friend Adam? I like pushing people over when I'm drunk too (namely Tiny Tim). Instead of cow pushing in the evenings we can go people-pushing Match made in heaven I say!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    v8andy i think, or captain arrogant who wouldnt move out the way for anyone! i had a 20 min video of being stuck behind him with markey mark on corners then he would sit on the racing line on the straight.
    i know exactly what you mean buddy, the barge he was driving took up the whole of gerrards when he sat in the middle of it