Post Thanks / Like

parking ticket

right i am appealing against a parking ticket i was issued, i no i shouldnt of parked there etc but ithink i have a strong case as the lines are well faded, broke and large chunks are missing in about ten places along the line and do not end in a t bar which are all requirements under the Road Traffic Act 1991 and i have pics to prove.

i sent my appeal letter of but i was later than 28 days from the offence as someone took the ticket of the car i i didnt know about it untill the letter came through my door which i am aware of is not a defence from a legal stand point.

so according to the council they have the discretion to consider representations, but my mitigation does not meet the councils criteria.

the letter also states that the yellow lines i was parked on where clear and obvious on a restricted street during prescribed hours. they advise to pay immediately in order to avoid increased charge and stop debt being registered at county court.

but my point still stands that i have photos to prove that the lines do not comply with the law, so am i best off just waiting for them to take me to court as from a previouse letter i am under the assumption that the fine is only to rise £5 pounds to cover court costs so must be worth going to court over the matter or would i incure more costs in hidden expences?

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: parking ticket

I can't imagine they'll take you to court over a (£30?) parking fine? I suspect they'll either do nothing or they may send some debt collectors round to your house?

The girlfriend got a parking ticket a while back, she actually bought a ticket but it fell off her dashboard therefore it couldn't be seen (silly woman!) She called the Council and explained (even sent a letter with a photocopy of the ticket) but they weren't interested. I think they mentioned they send the debt to a collection agency if there's no payment..... so she paid it.

Post Thanks / Like

i got a parking ticket once couldnt be bothered to pay it in 30 days so then it went upto £45 still didnt pay then it went to court i told them i didnt receive it some1 must of taken it off my car and then i was told to pay £30 within 28 days so i did

Post Thanks / Like

If the council didnt know about the lining issues, you dont have a leg to stand on mate. Find out when (or if) a statutary inspection of the road should/has to take place and if it is within (i think) 1 month then you may have a case.

I got a parking ticket in Brighton, i parked on a road with no markings and what i thought was no signs stating the parking enforcement. It turned out there was one close by, but had been spray painted out so i couldnt see it, i still had to pay.

Post Thanks / Like

well i have read shed loads of info now about the road traffic act, it seems to me that the bottom line is the lines have to be unbroke with t bars in good condition,
    these that i have pics of however are not so the law is not forceable, never heared anything about this lining issue so i will have a look at it mate