Post Thanks / Like

Smooth 205 Bumpers, Help With Paint Advice

On my white 205 i am planning to take my black trim and bumper section (the bits that are textured) and i want to smooth these sections and then paint them with a anthracite paint (shiny).

My question is how am i best to attack the removal of the texture, would i be safe to attack it with some 320grade wet and dry initially and then give it all a heavy coat of high build primer, and then to flat this down with some 600grade wet and dry and guide coat until i have a flat untextured finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smooth 205 Bumpers, Help With Paint Advice

degrease it to remove all traces of silicone etc, then hi build it. if you start to sand the plastic it will fluff up and be useless

Post Thanks / Like

Dont forget to use a little plastic primer, adhesion promoter before you high build or it will all end in tears as you watch the paint peel off. Stuff like that i would give a good clean first then scotch it with degreaser.

Post Thanks / Like

the bumpers are actually fibreglass, much like the r5s hence they crack so easy so they dnt really seem to fluff up to bad.. i guess its time to see if this compressor fancys firing out some high build :P